February 24, 2017, 12:39:11 AM

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
The Everton Forum / Re: the goodison atmosphere
« Last post by BlueNoseMike on 6 minutes ago »
no, I don't think we need to be singing for 90 minutes either

I do think though that having some "conducted" (it's a poor choice of word but I'm too tired and lazy to think of another one, maybe co-ordinated?)  chanting every now and then makes us more likely to raise our voices at things that happen in the match.  there are times when we barely complain about stuff against "lesser" teams.

Yeah can't disagree with that, it's just hard as you say to implement it. Maybe the megaphone man needs to be pitch side stirring it up ;)

« Last post by Simon Paul on 8 minutes ago »
Whilst I agree that Goodison can be flat at times I don't necessarily think we need to constantly be singing and making noise because I don't think that is what would make an atmosphere.

Most foreign players say that the atmosphere at English games is second to none, yet most come from leagues and countries where the fans will constantly sing for the whole 90 minutes. What makes the atmosphere so special is the loud roars and ignition of noise when key events of  the game happen. Goodison rocks when there is a good crunching tackle or poor ref decision, etc.

As an example I watched united at in france yesterday and their fans didn't stop singing. However, it just becomes a constant drone in the background. When Goodison is pumped up she's an intimidating beast that can effect the performance. Singing for 90 minutes doesn't do that

no, I don't think we need to be singing for 90 minutes either

I do think though that having some "conducted" (it's a poor choice of word but I'm too tired and lazy to think of another one, maybe co-ordinated?)  chanting every now and then makes us more likely to raise our voices at things that happen in the match.  there are times when we barely complain about stuff against "lesser" teams.
Give the tickets to your mate :)
Have done
« Last post by BlueNoseMike on 21 minutes ago »
Whilst I agree that Goodison can be flat at times I don't necessarily think we need to constantly be singing and making noise because I don't think that is what would make an atmosphere.

Most foreign players say that the atmosphere at English games is second to none, yet most come from leagues and countries where the fans will constantly sing for the whole 90 minutes. What makes the atmosphere so special is the loud roars and ignition of noise when key events of  the game happen. Goodison rocks when there is a good crunching tackle or poor ref decision, etc.

As an example I watched united at in france yesterday and their fans didn't stop singing. However, it just becomes a constant drone in the background. When Goodison is pumped up she's an intimidating beast that can effect the performance. Singing for 90 minutes doesn't do that
« Last post by Simon Paul on 21 minutes ago »
we're in discussions with the club at the Gwladys Street Boys over something pretty special in the next couple of months as far as "displays" are concerned.  I really liked the mosaic that the GSB did even if others didn't and I hope they don't take the stick they got on social media to heart.  when it comes to big displays like that, no matter who you support you can't do it without the co-operation of the club, and all of those on the continent and in the USA are done in conjunction with their clubs.

we do have our own Megaphone Man too, which gets people chanting if only to drown him out! ;)

this Saturday we're providing a couple of thousand megaphones to supporters as well, which could either be hilarious or a monumental miscalculation in how they will be used!

when we play crap like Sunderland then the atmosphere does need a bit of conducting from some fans, though.  Against the top six then we tend to be up for it, or if we have a poor decision against us then it's good, but other than that then like most Premier League grounds, it's a bit quiet.

in England though the matchday routine is different.  there's rarely enough people inside the ground until about 10 minutes before kick off to get anything started, and even then most people are milling around chatting.  it tends to be the football that sparks an atmosphere rather than the other way round.

changing that will take time and lots of good ideas.  the club let us run a poll on which tracks to play at half time a few months ago and I thought it worked well if only because it was decent music!
The Everton Forum / the goodison atmosphere
« Last post by Bromefc on 29 minutes ago »
evening,

just wanted to get a few peoples thoughts on this.

we all know I think that sometimes goodison is a little bit special when we get going, but 9/10 its flat and silent. I think we really do need to inject some life into the old lady and make a match day a real sense of occasion.

recently I went to Watford and even they have a bit of a song and a display of flags before a game and it really does get the atmosphere going.

there is a group called gwladys street boys who where behind the display before the derby which I thought was a good start.

even with the club starting to play grand old team now after z cars to get it going a it is a start.

just thought id get peoples opinions on displays and the whole atmosphere thing
We've won once in about two years when I have been there

Give the tickets to your mate :)
The Everton Forum / Re: Everton Vs Sunderland aka Everton rejects
« Last post by Jimmywhack on February 23, 2017, 11:49:55 PM »
Whats your win/lose ratio when you go? 
We've won once in about two years when I have been there
The Everton Forum / Re: [News]Barkley sets goal target
« Last post by BlueForYou on February 23, 2017, 11:49:42 PM »
Well said, Ross

Have a word with Geri
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10