February 25, 2018, 07:29:04 PM

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
General Football Chat / Re: 2017-18 Today's football
« Last post by Shogun on 1 minute ago »
Looking forward to Lukaku disappearing again today.
Similar here. My mate texted me last night and said do I fancy travelling over to Liverpool for a game and a night out before the end of the season. Told him I'm up for a night out but can bin the game off till next season.
Probs best for both of you, Do the night out, do the pre game stuff down county road or wherever then swerve the game
I was looking at coming up for the Brighton game with my mate who supports them . Couldn't get tickets near each other , 600 mile round trip , hotel and beer for a couple of nights . Phone my mate and said I can't be arsed we should wait till next season if you stay up . Hopefully Allardyce is gone and it will be worth the outlay .

Similar here. My mate texted me last night and said do I fancy travelling over to Liverpool for a game and a night out before the end of the season. Told him I'm up for a night out but can bin the game off till next season.
The Everton Forum / Re: Watford v Everton
« Last post by Lxxx on 21 minutes ago »
A toxic Goodison gives me cause for encouragement to be honest, shows we still care. It's when it turns to complete apathy at what we're watching, that's when I know we've crossed the line and it's a steady descent from here on in.
The Everton Forum / Re: The big man, the boss; Big Sam
« Last post by Shogun on 23 minutes ago »
I have my heart set on Fonseca based solely on his record, because I can not think of anyone better who we could get, who would want to come here and would hopefully get us to play football in the right way. Think also he could get better players to come here and have a better network of players who he knows and have played for him and I am sure he could drop off, big Sam, little Sam and a certain director of football into a nice little salt mine in Russia.

I don’t think we can get Fonseca to be honest.

He must be looking at us and looking at Shakhtar on their way to a CL QF and wondering why we are even in the running.

Wenger goes at the end of the season and Arsenal would be all over him and I’m sure there’s other clubs as well.
The Everton Forum / Re: Should we sack Steve Walsh?
« Last post by Lxxx on 24 minutes ago »
I wonder what Walsh's signings would go for now, just to see how much if a disaster it's been.
Lookman, DCL and Gueye probably make up a lot as they're likely to be worth much more than what we paid for them.
My estimates are probably well out and I've probably missed a few, but its an interesting debate.

Bolasie (when fit) - 15m?
Williams - 8m
Gueye - 25m?
DCL - 20m?
Schneiderlin - 20m
Lookman - 25m
Sig - 30m?
Keane - 20m
Pickford - 40m
Klaassen - 18m
Vlasic - 20m
Sandro - 15m
Martina - 8m
Rooney - n/a
Theo - 20m
Tosun - 15m?

Onyekuru - 10m (haven't got a clue)

Total - 309m

If you are trying to make the point I think you're trying to make, it's not working.
Nah you're just turning fans away, haven't watched Everton for a few weeks now and probably wont until he's gone.

I was looking at coming up for the Brighton game with my mate who supports them . Couldn't get tickets near each other , 600 mile round trip , hotel and beer for a couple of nights . Phone my mate and said I can't be arsed we should wait till next season if you stay up . Hopefully Allardyce is gone and it will be worth the outlay .
Did he really say that?
Yeah in the presser
The Everton Forum / Re: Parking Burnley game
« Last post by SANA_DR0 on 28 minutes ago »
when i goto Goodison i use https://www.yourparkingspace.co.uk, usually around 7-9 pound for private secured parking on someones drive.... i find it much better than parking in the car parks around liverpool..

heres a link for parking near Turf Moor.

https://www.yourparkingspace.co.uk/turf-moor-parking-spaces-and-garages

you need to register with the site.. 
To quote the film, Vanilla Sky, 'every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around'.

And I agree with that. There's no such thing as being doomed, in my view. Essentially you just need to start making better decisions from now, and that applies equally to a person's life or running a club.

We're not resigned to our fate. We just need to start making better decisions and this season can be viewed as a crazy aberration, and nothing more. Lots of clubs have had awful seasons and terrible managerial appointments and then quickly reversed it and left it behind them.

We need to view it like that, quite dispassionately.

Fuck me what would you write if we were in the bottom three ? I was close to ending it all reading this.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10