August 22, 2017, 05:56:31 PM

Author Topic: [News]Blues set to finally sign Martina  (Read 4013 times)

August 13, 2017, 06:10:12 PM
Reply #75

Defeatist

Last time I mentioned anything about Cuco being OK as a stop gap, I was soundly rounded on and given a right good thrashing. Meanwhile! In other news. Kim Jong Un is sitting on his huge Analarse of nuclear weapons and North Korea is threatening nuclear strikes on the US controlled Guam. But yeah! Cuco Martina's inability to head a ball is much more concerning to us Evertonians. What was Ronald thinking! Even the Southampton supporters in the Echo admired Cuco for getting a three-year deal. WTF is the world coming too.  :)

When predictive text edits your post  :smug:

deCoubertin

August 13, 2017, 06:11:40 PM
Reply #76

Defeatist

He's garbage. End of story

August 13, 2017, 06:39:17 PM
Reply #77

griff90

Full back is such an important position these days, I think we needed a better Coleman replcement. Missed a trick by not getting Zabaleta or Sagna on a one year deal. Martina slows play down and gives the ball away too often

August 13, 2017, 07:02:32 PM
Reply #78

oscar

Thought he did alright and linked up well with Rooney at times but I was at the game so didn't see as much as you lot watching on tv

August 13, 2017, 07:45:49 PM
Reply #79

kramer0

Martina was fine yesterday but I don't see why he should be playing ahead of Holgate. He's the better crosser but that's pretty much it. There's not much to choose between the two of them in terms of athleticism. Holgate has a better first touch, is more confident in possession, defends better 1 v. 1, and is more responsible positionally even though he isn't a natural right back. I don't think Martina's crossing is good enough to outweigh all of that, not to mention that we don't have the targets right now to consistently take advantage of deep crosses from our fullbacks.

Maybe the plan is to play Martina when we need to attack lesser opposition (like yesterday) and Holgate when we need to be more resolute defensively. That's fine, I guess, although I'd still feel more comfortable with Holgate on the pitch.

Seamus can't come back soon enough.