August 19, 2017, 06:48:37 AM

Author Topic: [News]Koeman: We didn’t play well  (Read 1367 times)

Offline kramer0

• Graeme Sharp
Re: [News]Koeman: We didn't play well
« on: August 13, 2017, 01:28:09 AM »
I think the starting eleven was picked to neutralize Crouch and that the plan completely went to shit when he didn't start. Regardless of what he had in mind, I don't trust Koeman's tinkering and don't think he should be messing with the team to stop a 36 year old striker. We looked much better with a natural right back and Calvert-Lewin at centre forward. All of the evidence from preseason suggests that a 4-3-3 with a target man is our best tactic right now. Stop playing around with the shape and get the players on the same page in one system. Sandro/Klaassen/Rooney would work a lot better together if they had time to learn each other's movements within a well-defined set-up.

It's possible that our slowdown in the transfer market has messed with Koeman's plans but it's still disappointing that he keeps chopping and changing, the players and the system. At least we still have a solid defensive structure, bolstered by Pickford and Keane, to fall back on (as long as we don't shoot ourselves in the foot with cheap giveaways during build-ups).

I really hope we get the players he wants before the window closes.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 02:12:17 AM by kramer0 »

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team