December 12, 2017, 08:26:41 PM

Author Topic: Kalinic  (Read 1364 times)

August 15, 2017, 04:19:17 PM
Reply #15

Lxxx

We shouldn't really be chasing around Serie A again throwing in inflated bids for players who would see us as a last resort option. It's like 2016 revisited.

deCoubertin

August 15, 2017, 04:35:40 PM
Reply #16

Lazarou

Did anything actually come of the boys trip to Italy?

August 15, 2017, 04:56:51 PM
Reply #17

Toffee1

Did anything actually come of the boys trip to Italy?

They got a nice tan and few bottles of Chianti.

On a serious note, according to the numerous reports about this, it did seem that there were a number of players discussed but I suspect that the prices quoted were too much.

August 15, 2017, 07:05:30 PM
Reply #18

Toddacelli

They got a nice tan and few bottles of Chianti.

On a serious note, according to the numerous reports about this, it did seem that there were a number of players discussed but I suspect that the prices quoted were too much.

I'll be honest, I was expecting more out of building bridges, making contacts and I thought that even if we didn't come back with any major signings - that we would maybe have one or two youngsters - either as signings for the U23's or as loan prospects for a season.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

August 15, 2017, 08:04:24 PM
Reply #19

Toffee1

I'll be honest, I was expecting more out of building bridges, making contacts and I thought that even if we didn't come back with any major signings - that we would maybe have one or two youngsters - either as signings for the U23's or as loan prospects for a season.

Me too, I thought with Walsh being there that something, even as you say a couple of loan prospects would have materialised. It could be that Walsh was evaluating our scouting network over there to see what can be improved upon/changed.

August 16, 2017, 05:28:00 AM
Reply #20

Realist

I trust my eyes on those two as to being bad fits (and especially with Vardy, bad to have in the dressing room).  Beyond that, trust our scouting department to extrapolate across various leagues.

Or to put it another way, I knew what I wanted (Giroud), now that's gone so I just know what I don't want.

How many times have you been in a dressing room with Benteke & Vardy? It's alright saying you wouldn't take them but be logical, the season's already started & they both score goals in the prem!?