November 25, 2017, 01:41:27 PM

Author Topic: Howard Kendall  (Read 544 times)

October 17, 2017, 03:44:11 PM
Read 544 times

Macca77

Two years ago today we lost one of the greatest players and the greatest manager in our clubs history, legend is not a big enough word to describe the man, rest in peace boss x

deCoubertin

October 17, 2017, 03:47:04 PM
Reply #1

BlueForYou

As a football fan and Everton supporter, Howard Kendall gave me the best years of my sporting life

RIP
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 17, 2017, 03:49:41 PM
Reply #2

Macca77

October 17, 2017, 04:10:03 PM
Reply #3

Ramjam

As a football fan and Everton supporter, Howard Kendall gave me the best years of my sporting life

RIP

Same here, made me so proud to be an Evertonians . RIP HK
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

October 17, 2017, 04:24:32 PM
Reply #4

Toddacelli

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 17, 2017, 04:29:27 PM
Reply #5

Macca77

October 17, 2017, 05:39:16 PM
Reply #6

BlueForYou

The people's man - our man, his way
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 17, 2017, 06:53:58 PM
Reply #7

Tony Clifton

RIP

Me too mate.

RIP HK

October 19, 2017, 06:07:39 PM
Reply #8

Tofifee

always found Evertonians have/had a strange relationship with HK
Before we came good in the 80's, many were ready to shove him out the door, he was very unpopular as a manager
Then he presided over the greatest 5 years in our history and he refound his legendary status
But lets not pretend all was constantly rosey in the garden even then. He got plenty abuse for the Lineker thing etc even back then
Then his latter spells with us were, lets face it, disasters.

We dont have too many club "legends" the way the RS have or Man Ure/Newcastle have
We have one MASSIVE Icon who is long dead, so I think maybe we cling a little to HK and bestow status on him post mortem that possibly wasnt bestowed on him by those under 35 in his life time

I know some will think I am talking shite and thats ok too but I honestly think maybe a little of the "Kendall Adoration" is a little....forced maybe....?
(legend that is absolutely is, btw!)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 07:02:26 PM by Tofifee »

October 19, 2017, 09:29:34 PM
Reply #9

BlueForYou

A combination of things with HK

7 years as a player, League title winner, FA Cup finalist, Charity Shield, renowned midfield trio, became captain

10 years in all as manager, 2 League titles & once runners-up(successive seasons), FA Cup winner & twice runners-up(successive seasons), League Cup runners-up, 3(4) Charity Shields(successive seasons), European trophy, denied(twice) the (ultimate)European Cup, nearly the domestic double(twice - successive seasons) and nearly a treble   

Adored him!

Harry Catterick

October 19, 2017, 09:36:34 PM
Reply #10

Coyb12

Before we came good in the 80's, many were ready to shove him out the door, he was very unpopular as a manager
Then he presided over the greatest 5 years in our history and he refound his legendary status
But lets not pretend all was constantly rosey in the garden even then. He got plenty abuse for the Lineker thing etc even back then

We dont have too many club "legends" the way the RS have or Man Ure/Newcastle have
We have one MASSIVE Icon who is long dead, so I think maybe we cling a little to HK and bestow status on him post mortem that possibly wasnt bestowed on him by those under 35 in his life time

I know some will think I am talking shite and thats ok too but I honestly think maybe a little of the "Kendall Adoration" is a little....forced maybe....?
yep you are right mate you are talking shite.

October 19, 2017, 11:40:37 PM
Reply #11

BlueWool

Ok, ok. You liked him first when nobody had heard of him and he hadn't had a top 40 hit.