December 13, 2017, 07:15:30 PM

Author Topic: Ashley Williams  (Read 7172 times)

October 10, 2017, 09:09:59 PM
Reply #15

Lxxx

At £17m we should have bought Maguire to play alongside Keane - too late now

Is it?

deCoubertin

October 10, 2017, 09:21:37 PM
Reply #16

Bluedylan

If you look at most of the problems in society, you can trace them all back to Ashley Williams if you really look into it.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 10, 2017, 09:26:01 PM
Reply #17

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
He looks a broken man to me
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 10, 2017, 09:36:46 PM
Reply #18

BlueForYou

Too late at £17m to sign Maguire - must be (nearly)double that now, if Leicester are willing to sell
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 10, 2017, 09:48:34 PM
Reply #19

Macca77

His confidence is shot, the crowd are on edge every time the ball goes near him, he needs to be dropped, simple as that really

October 10, 2017, 09:52:00 PM
Reply #20

toffee_scot

I was quite pleased when we signed him and thought he would do a good job at Everton.

He's been disappointing this year though. I think he should be dropped for a period of time, I'm not entirely sure he's 'finished' but remember we've said that a few times about Jags but he has always come back and proved he can still defend, so maybe Williams can do the same.

October 10, 2017, 09:52:01 PM
Reply #21

The Analog Kid

How’s he gone from captaining his national side to a Euro semi, putting in very good displays, to this how he’s been playing of late?

He was never this bad at Swansea.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 10:25:36 PM by The Analog Kid »

October 10, 2017, 09:52:19 PM
Reply #22

SANA_DR0

He was never good enough and made these sort of mistakes at Swansea they were just brushed over because it’s “only Swansea” and they’re not very good defensively(erm hello!!).

Some of our squad building over the last 18 months has been poor given the money we’ve been spending. Thats one thing Koeman or Walsh won’t be able to complain about if they get the sack soon as they’ve certainly been given enough backing.

I've only seen Williams play well for Wales.. he had some heroic performances for them, but im basing that mostly off of the Euros, as i didnt watch much Wales or Swansea before that, i did feel his age would be an issue.

In regards to trasnfers, Walsh has bought/looked for young players, who have come into the under 23 setup or gone out on loan.. for that i cant fault him. Regardles Koeman wanted certain players Giroud, Martina, Siggy, Schneiderlin.. those are players Koeman should be able to mold and use, or atleast work with to improve.
I like what Walsh has done, i dont like what Koeman has done. (he needs to utalize the players who where on form and playing well last year, in there correct positions, or give players with some heart, who look like they go out and enjoy the game.. thats mostly youngsters, the older heads look like they have no confidence and whatever Koeman has tried with them, hasnt worked at all)
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

October 10, 2017, 10:08:51 PM
Reply #23

SANA_DR0

Bring Feeney in

lol he's 18 1/2.. people moan about youngsters.. Kenny, Lookman, they also didnt even want DCL in the team.. lol

i wouldnt mind Holgate and Keane in the middle.
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

October 10, 2017, 10:19:09 PM
Reply #24

gizzblue

Put him in the yard and forget about him .....he's gone from bad to worse to fucking awful. ..great business by Swansea getting rid last year .

October 10, 2017, 10:19:59 PM
Reply #25

kramer0

Koeman can barely hide his disdain for attacking players who give the ball away but he likes Ashley Williams.

Kind of amusing. Not that he has a lot of choice at centre back, mind you.

October 10, 2017, 10:22:43 PM
Reply #26

SANA_DR0

Koeman can barely hide his disdain for attacking players who give the ball away but he likes Ashley Williams.

Kind of amusing. Not that he has a lot of choice at centre back, mind you.

Rhyno would be better than Williams at centre back  :bonk:
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

October 10, 2017, 10:40:56 PM
Reply #27

Lxxx

Williams you would have thought was a Koeman signing, 'for the present' as he liked to term it. Similar to Rooney, Martina and probably Schneiderlin. Our recruitment has been a bit patchy to say the least and how we have utilised them has been worse. Seems like we have a DoF working to one agenda and a manager working to another.

But yes Williams is now badly shite and needs dropping.

October 10, 2017, 10:46:14 PM
Reply #28

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
How’s he gone from captaining his national side to a Euro semi, putting in very good displays, to this how he’s been playing of late?

He was never this bad at Swansea.

Age and being asked to play a different defensive system than at previous club. I still maintain that last season he was nowhere near as bad as people say, but this year he has regressed badly. Yet up until the mistake yesterday he wasn't having a bad game. Just seems that there is a big mistake in him every game now
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 10, 2017, 10:52:20 PM
Reply #29

Ross

I've only seen Williams play well for Wales.. he had some heroic performances for them, but im basing that mostly off of the Euros, as i didnt watch much Wales or Swansea before that, i did feel his age would be an issue.

In regards to trasnfers, Walsh has bought/looked for young players, who have come into the under 23 setup or gone out on loan.. for that i cant fault him. Regardles Koeman wanted certain players Giroud, Martina, Siggy, Schneiderlin.. those are players Koeman should be able to mold and use, or atleast work with to improve.
I like what Walsh has done, i dont like what Koeman has done. (he needs to utalize the players who where on form and playing well last year, in there correct positions, or give players with some heart, who look like they go out and enjoy the game.. thats mostly youngsters, the older heads look like they have no confidence and whatever Koeman has tried with them, hasnt worked at all)

Yeah he had a good tournament for Wales but most of them did didn’t they? It didn’t make him good enough for us and where we want to get to. It was terrible management to sell the most highly rated young English centrehalf in the league for a lot of money and replace him with a 31 year old who’s never been near the top of the game and always been part of porous defences. Especially as we already had a superior experienced defender here on the books. We should have looked for someone in their mid twenties reaching their peak who had the potential to make that step up here.

The general squad building probably deserves its own thread though but it does look like two influential people working at crossed purposes.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.