December 15, 2017, 06:41:53 AM

Author Topic: January Targets  (Read 8908 times)

KevtheRat, Bluedylan and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

December 05, 2017, 10:26:58 PM
Reply #165

D15TIN

A gang of expensive, post-peak players should sort the club right out.
Were 10th, not really an attractive option to great players in their prime, Nzonzi and Walcott would be an improvement on Mirallas and Schneiderlin

deCoubertin

December 06, 2017, 12:58:42 AM
Reply #166

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Thatís a few different managers that have preferred a player for an insignificant skill set for a defender then!

Chilwell looks good on the ball but Iím assuming that they have question marks over his defending (which isnít a great surprise for his age).

None of Chilwell, Cresswell, Robertson or Shaw have put a season in anywhere close to peak-Baines, but he was a top 5 LB in Europe at his peak so that is understandable tbh.

I think Cresswell is the one I prefer as his passing and crossing can be really good. Heard poor reviews though.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 06, 2017, 01:01:06 AM
Reply #167

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
A gang of expensive, post-peak players should sort the club right out.

Nzonzi has 4 years left in him.

Giroud will be better than DCL for another 3 years easily.

Walcott should have another 3 years in him depending on injuries.

I get your point but itís an easy out when I think those three would be outstanding January signings. We get anywhere near a jan like that and we should be ecstatic.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 06, 2017, 03:52:49 AM
Reply #168

BlueNoseMike

None of Chilwell, Cresswell, Robertson or Shaw have put a season in anywhere close to peak-Baines, but he was a top 5 LB in Europe at his peak so that is understandable tbh.

I think Cresswell is the one I prefer as his passing and crossing can be really good. Heard poor reviews though.

To be fair to shaw and chilwell they're about 5 or 6 years younger than peak Baines!

If United go after Rose I'd happily take Shaw. Was a revelation at Southampton, admittedly over hyped too quickly, but has been left out to dry by Jose (Who has history of binning off young players with high ceiling potential).

Reckon he'd be a potential snip at about 20 million

December 06, 2017, 02:34:10 PM
Reply #169

Toddacelli

I can't see a lot of these names we're mentioning actually wanting to come here.

We really need Allardyce to get a tune out of the players we've got, before January, if we've any hope of signing decent players with CL aspirations.

Get the current squad playing and the start of the season can be termed a 'blip'. Stink the place out like we have been doing until January and it becomes a 'crisis'. No-one will want to come here and the poor form will continue all season.

Never liked him before, but got to back the manager now.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

December 06, 2017, 03:04:46 PM
Reply #170

Hawkandro

Could see van aanholt deffo. Better than cuco i suppose.

Would bite your hand off for nzonzi but don’t see it.

Sadly, with Nzonzi's kid being in London, I reckon we would be a non-starter if rumours of Arsenal's interest is true.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

December 06, 2017, 03:06:26 PM
Reply #171

Hawkandro

I'd like to see us move on from Giroud now. He's turned us down once and it's not as if he's head and shoulders above what we can attract. 

Is Giroud out of contract at the end of the year? If not, I would have said a loan until the end of the season would be ideal.

If he is, then we may have to chuck a whopping great contract at him, but we could probably get a few years out of him.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 03:08:25 PM by Hawkandro »

December 06, 2017, 03:10:07 PM
Reply #172

Juanito

I don't read Spanish but I assume this means Valencia want Sandro

https://twitter.com/Dani_Merono/status/937986374418001920

Says that Valencia, Atletico and Sevilla want him and he wants them too. Family want him to go back and he is not comfortable at Everton.

All of the above clubs fighting for champions league qualification.

December 06, 2017, 03:25:29 PM
Reply #173

Hawkandro

Shame it's not worked out.

December 06, 2017, 03:30:41 PM
Reply #174

Rodenplav64

Were 10th, not really an attractive option to great players in their prime, Nzonzi and Walcott would be an improvement on Mirallas and Schneiderlin

Not so long ago Schneiderlin was an improvement on everyone . How you think an enigma like Walcott would take us forward I don't know .

December 06, 2017, 05:19:39 PM
Reply #175

Lxxx

I don't think we should be buying players past their best in January just to try and finish a place or two higher. Got to be thinking of next season and beyond with any purchases now and how we're looking to set up with a run at a full season and trophies. If Giroud wants to come on loan for example to keep his world cup prospects alive then we've got to look to replace him next season with a player that can slot into a way of playing that has been honed in the second half of the campaign.

December 06, 2017, 06:31:48 PM
Reply #176

MmmBlueRamirez

Shame it's not worked out.

They can have him for £20m
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

December 06, 2017, 06:47:12 PM
Reply #177

Mayor Farnum

You'd have to wonder how committed Giroud would be playing with one eye on the world cup and knowing he could walk in the summer. Bad deal for us.

December 06, 2017, 06:54:22 PM
Reply #178

Paddockoldie

If they are out targets, what does Walsh get paid for? He should be finding players that will take us places not just looking for good wages and more game time than they're getting at their clubs now surely? Talk about money for jam

December 06, 2017, 07:02:58 PM
Reply #179

D_murph0278

Arkadjusz Milik from Napoli would be a great buy upfront. Not getting a sniff with the front 3 of Mertens, Insigne and Callejon.
We'll end up with Jason Lee or Kevin Davies though.
"One for Lineker to chase and just look at his pace."