September 21, 2017, 05:31:56 PM

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
The Everton Forum / Re: [News]Koeman backtracks on Niasse
« Last post by Macca77 on 2 minutes ago »
No. Not really.

Oh I can, he goes on a rich vain of form, scoring from all over the place, we all fall in love with him, he scores the winner at the kop end, our love for him goes stronger, its a love like no other, we sing his name, we adore him, his goals help us climb the table and get through  to the knockout stages of the Europa League, we get an easy draw in the round of 32 and march through to the round of 16, we're drawn against the mighty AC Milan, home leg first, Niasse is injured so doesnt play and we lose 2-0. Two weeks later we go to the San Siro with a mountain to climb, Niasse is fit and starts the game, we dominate from the off and Niasse grabs 2 goals before half time, Milan pull one back early in the second half, we bombard their goal, frantically looking for that goal that will see us through, we need a hero, we need a miracle, into the last minute of injury time and Niasse gets the ball in our half and just runs with it, going past the Milan players like they weren't there, he keeps running and unleashes a powerful shot from 35 yards out that rockets into the top corner! Its 3-1, the 6000 travelling Evertonians go beserk. Milan kick off and the ref blows his whistle, we've done it, we go through on away goals, an astonishing result for Everton. We end up getting knocked out by the eventual winners Atletico Madrid in the semi final

We win the FA cup by beating the redshite 3-0, Niasse scores two, finish 6th in the league. Niasse is our top scorer on 26 goals and gets named players on the season.

During the summer he is offered a new contract, promptly turns it down stating his desire to leave, Real Madrid bid 80 million for him and he agrees to join, scores 50 goals in his first full season for Los Blancos and wins the Ballon d'or

Everton get relegated
« Last post by BlueBeagle on 10 minutes ago »
Everybody loves a hero look at the Straq and how he was revered

It's no coincidence that he was shit too.

As Ally said, the "He's shite but he tries hard and smiles so we love him" mentality is frankly a losers mentality.
« Last post by blargins on 15 minutes ago »
We're desperate. It's the only reason he's anywhere near the first team. I'm happy he scored and happy he has a decent attitude, but he isn't the answer to any of our questions.
The Everton Forum / Re: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update
« Last post by blue1948 on 16 minutes ago »
I suspect he gives the same spin on every project, and why wouldnt he? I think he probably is passionate about all of his work but as soon as the cheque gets signed I suspect he moves on pretty quickly?
My personal view is that its a mistake to ask the fans as inevitably you'll get a million and one response about what it should look like and then when this isnt in the final detail it gets peoples back up because they never listened. My view is that were paying one of the best architects in the world to design us one of the best stadiums in the world so lets let him crack on with it. Im really excited to see what he can come up with.
I suspect you believe that they will listen to all and sundry if they do have a poll or the like .The truth is they like us would be selective and lots of the fans suggestions would of course be impractical or even impossible .Nice to think we had an input tho' .If you read that blog it puts over a real feeling for the club and the supporters and that can not be a bad thing despite your view .
« Last post by Bluedylan on 21 minutes ago »
Different types of player. They can both have an impact I think. Long term DCL is going to develop into a monster of a player I think

With Niasse, my thoughts are that we didn't sign a striker at the end of the window and we thought we would. We are lacking pace up front and something a bit different. He can provide the role of super sub or just back up until Jan at least, so let's use him

He was given a chance last night (the first chance he's been given in over a year by the manager) and he took it. The fans were so positive about his introduction last night and gave him hero worship when he scored

The lad was practically booed in his appearances against Bournemouth and Leicester the season before last and I think it might have showed in his performances

So I just want everyone to get behind him and will him to do well. He's not had an easy time of things, it must have damaged his confidence and pride what has happened (and I'm of the opinion that money isn't everything, and that it doesn't necessarily mean happiness, I'm sure you feel the same) and that it has taken great character from him to get through this and I would love to see him score goals and take us up the table as well as helping us land a trophy or 2

Yeah points taken. I just find it all a bit lame the way we have 'Eddie the Eagled' him as ally says. He's average at best, which is why he only scored a few for Hull and why we didn't have loads of clubs wanting him in the summer.

I don't really buy into the thing of him being mistreated or any of that. Football is a meritocracy. If he was good enough, he'd be in the team, he'd have been given a locker and all that. In reality he's a very wealthy man, and I don't really feel any particular sympathy for him or dislike him in any way. I only care if he's good enough, and I don't think he is.
« Last post by blue1948 on 21 minutes ago »
Think it's a bit embarrassing myself the way so he seems to becoming some sort of cult hero a la Eddie the Eagle. He's not a serious option for the first team, he's pretty crap and there's no way top clubs' fans would accept this sort of player at their club. Makes us look small time IMO. I also don't understand why he should be getting credit for not being a knob. How he's behaved has been normal and no more. Perhaps even a bit desperate. And let's forget he's no angel off the pitch either. Anyway whatever we probably won't see that much of him anyway.
I can't agree with you .He has behaved civilised but not normal in the superstar world they live .Everybody loves a hero look at the Straq and how he was revered .I don't see the desperate point either .He has never slagged anyone or anything about the club . By the way Eddie the eagle had a film made about him and is a cult figure in Finland -they still love him and he appears on chat shows and the like .Mind you they still play Kim Wilde on the radio!
« Last post by Bluedylan on 25 minutes ago »
Think it's a bit embarrassing myself the way so he seems to becoming some sort of cult hero a la Eddie the Eagle. He's not a serious option for the first team, he's pretty crap and there's no way top clubs' fans would accept this sort of player at their club. Makes us look small time IMO. I also don't understand why he should be getting credit for not being a knob. How he's behaved has been normal and no more. Perhaps even a bit desperate. And let's forget he's no angel off the pitch either. Anyway whatever we probably won't see that much of him anyway.

Couldn't agree more.
« Last post by Sir Stealth on 28 minutes ago »
Yeah good on him. I don't have anything against him, just think we tend to fixate on random sideshow stories. He's an okish striker for this level, scored a few goals for Hull and doesn't seem to have had much interest in terms of other clubs clamouring to sign him in the summer.

Dominic Calvert Lewin, on the other hand, could be a star one day. Seems to have the lot.

Different types of player. They can both have an impact I think. Long term DCL is going to develop into a monster of a player I think

With Niasse, my thoughts are that we didn't sign a striker at the end of the window and we thought we would. We are lacking pace up front and something a bit different. He can provide the role of super sub or just back up until Jan at least, so let's use him

He was given a chance last night (the first chance he's been given in over a year by the manager) and he took it. The fans were so positive about his introduction last night and gave him hero worship when he scored

The lad was practically booed in his appearances against Bournemouth and Leicester the season before last and I think it might have showed in his performances

So I just want everyone to get behind him and will him to do well. He's not had an easy time of things, it must have damaged his confidence and pride what has happened (and I'm of the opinion that money isn't everything, and that it doesn't necessarily mean happiness, I'm sure you feel the same) and that it has taken great character from him to get through this and I would love to see him score goals and take us up the table as well as helping us land a trophy or 2
« Last post by ally2 on 30 minutes ago »
The Everton Forum / Re: Lookman
« Last post by eyesalwaysblue on 30 minutes ago »
Loads of potential just needs to strengthen up same as DCL has done.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10