November 22, 2017, 08:03:55 AM

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
The Everton Forum / Re: Who should we go for?
« Last post by MrWhite on 56 minutes ago »
Think longer contract plays a part, too. Silva's contract only runs until end of season, I'd guess we offer a three year deal.

Is that true? Makes offering Watford 8 million pounds rather bizarre.

Heís on a two year deal, reportedly with a break clause next summer.
The Everton Forum / Re: Niasse
« Last post by Gash on 1 hour ago »
Embarrassing the lengths people will go to to defend diving. 

You think that's bad, apparently someone's done a 'defensive metric' whatever that is?
« Last post by blueToffee on 1 hour ago »
The second issue is a matter of consistency. Where is the sense in only reviewing or punishing these behaviours inside the box or after a red card? How is that an effective deterrent? Weíve seen plenty of free kicks leading to goals under dubious circumstances. Just last week the first goal in the Arsenal vs Spurs game was a dive by Sanchez. So...thatís ok because why?

Itís just dumb. Do it right or donít bother.
General Football Chat / Re: 2017-18 Today's football
« Last post by irishtoffee on 1 hour ago »
Postecoglou has just resigned from the Australian manager's role.

Not sure what to think of that.

Awesome, my national team and club team are without official managers at the moment. Happy days.
Koemans available. Big Sam could try, he'd get the World Cup experience he's thought he'd be having with England
« Last post by blueToffee on 1 hour ago »

I donít think itís clear cut in the modern game. Players have been conditioned to sell a foul otherwise they donít get given. Thatís the precedent. Weíve seen in many a time when the player stays on his feet he doesnít get a decision, I canít even think of a single example to the contrary, can you?

So in that context, Dann clearly steps across his run Niasse is running into space and feels itís a foul because heís impeded. So goes down as thatís how players have been shown to ask the question of whether itís a foul or not.

This isnít a case of him jumping a tackle and going down two steps later. He was asking the question whether Dann obstructed him. I donít think Dann had any intention of playing the ball nor was he not able to get out of the way, he knew what he was doing. He clearly did step into Niasse path. Iíd say that would be given a foul on the halfway line and nobody bats an eyelid.

I donít think it was enough to knock Niasse down but in this instance I donít think thatís strangely the issue.

« Last post by pjk on 2 hours ago »
Someone else tried fucking our mate Niasse over. A walk in the park for Oumar. :)
« Last post by Ell Capitan on 2 hours ago »
General Football Chat / Re: 2017-18 Today's football
« Last post by TSGun on 2 hours ago »
Postecoglou has just resigned from the Australian manager's role.

Not sure what to think of that.

Awesome, my national team and club team are without official managers at the moment. Happy days.
The Everton Forum / Re: Who should we go for?
« Last post by everton1952 on 2 hours ago »
If it is Rhino then tighten your seatbelts. Can't imagine any significant signing in January to play for us. We may have to go with what we have got. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10