Mark Hughes
Chris Coleman
Duncan Ferguson
Koeman to remain in charge
AN Other
Manuel Pellegrini
Sean Dyche
Diego Simeone

Author Topic: Who should we go for?  (Read 78798 times)

October 25, 2017, 03:30:28 PM
Reply #405

Lxxx

Unsworth is the man in charge so deserves our backing until such time as it changes.
I don’t subscribe to the view that it is too early in his career. As long as he has backing from the board and from the players there’s no reason to think he wouldn’t give it a decent go.

We’ve had two poor appointments who started brightly then fizzled out. If we decide to go internal as our next boss he deserves to have it let be known from up above that he has the unequivocal backing from everyone so as to not see the capitulations again if things don’t go smoothly.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 03:35:53 PM by Lxxx »

deCoubertin

October 25, 2017, 03:43:14 PM
Reply #406

Macca77

Unsworth is the man in charge so deserves our backing until such time as it changes.
I don’t subscribe to the view that it is too early in his career. As long as he has backing from the board and from the players there’s no reason to think he wouldn’t give it a decent go.

We’ve had two poor appointments who started brightly then fizzled out. If we decide to go internal as our next boss he deserves to have it let be known from up above that he has the unequivocal backing from everyone so as to not see the capitulations again if things don’t go smoothly.

This, if we get a couple of good results in our next few games then I can see him being in charge for the rest of the season.

October 25, 2017, 03:52:11 PM
Reply #407

Lazarou

I don't care who it is as long as we look like we know what we are doing and the players look like they give a shit. It would be great if Unsworth is that man. Would be good to show that young English coaches can come through the ranks at a big club and make it.

October 25, 2017, 04:09:17 PM
Reply #408

TrevorSteven

October 25, 2017, 04:33:56 PM
Reply #409

boothill

Koeman & Martinez wave hello from a beach somewhere and it ain't in Rhyl or Talacre.
Rhyl is shit poor now, i think they may have crossed the blue bridge and vacationed in towyn

October 25, 2017, 06:20:39 PM
Reply #410

hill135

Bayern want Tuchel to take over next season supposedly. Might be a tough sell from our point of view.

October 25, 2017, 06:33:21 PM
Reply #411

Rodenplav64

Bayern want Tuchel to take over next season supposedly. Might be a tough sell from our point of view.

I am sure Tuchel , however ambitious , will stay away from Bayern all the time the are a mess at board level .

October 25, 2017, 06:43:39 PM
Reply #412

Waltzer

Ouch just read an article saying we were interested in Reme Garde!!

October 25, 2017, 07:03:27 PM
Reply #413

Hawkandro

Remi Garde is an interesting choice - his Lyon team were meant to be fantastic, but yeah, his time at Villa was disastrous, but then, so was Gana Gueye's...
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

October 25, 2017, 07:13:02 PM
Reply #414

Hesmenos

I think Carlo's chasing the big pay day.. and who can blame him as he's been to the top. That's why I wouldn't want him. What's he got to chase with us? He's managed the top, top clubs so would also demand the budget, which we may not have. As for Tuchel. He's a gamble I feel but he does seem interested but he's also out of work.  For now I'd stick with Unsy and see what he can do.
I agree, don't see him interested in coming to us. I also don't think he is the right fit for us at the moment. In the state that we are in, without a football identity and with a lot of new players that still need to be bedded in, we need a manager who can build a team. Ancelotti hasn't done that since his Milan days and with rumours coming out of Bayern that the players wanted more intense training, you wonder if he has the energy or motivation to do so.

October 25, 2017, 07:18:38 PM
Reply #415

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Well he wouldn’t come in that case.

Not sure why they wouldn’t have appointed him now if that was the case though.

October 25, 2017, 07:50:56 PM
Reply #416

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Well he wouldn’t come in that case.

Not sure why they wouldn’t have appointed him now if that was the case though.

Exactly, it'd be kinda weird seeing that he's literally doing nothing right now. Why appoint an interim manager if the manager you want is just chilling?

I thought Bayern were actually meant to be going for Nagelsmann at the end of the season (hence the interim appointment).

But yeah, if Bayern are serious and I'm sure they'd have let him know in that case and he'd not come here. The fact that Sky did say (supposedly) he'd consider an offer from us (yet openly rebuffed other PL teams) makes me think he knows Bayern aren't coming in and if we're after him and can show ambition then I'd say we'd have a decent shot.

October 25, 2017, 08:10:18 PM
Reply #417

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
There is no way Tuchel would pick us over Bayern if it was his choice. Its likely he's not getting the Bayern job because they don't rate him that highly.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

October 25, 2017, 08:44:51 PM
Reply #418

Rhys

Agree with if Bayern had Tuchel as number 1 choice they'd have given him the job now rather than get someone in until the summer. They might have said to him if we cant get who they want, presume Nagelsmann although Klopp being mentioned a few times as well, then he is high on the list he might think it is worth waiting. He did wait a year after Mainz for the Dortmund job.

However the likelihood is he isnt number 1 for them otherwise he'd have got it now, and if they do want Nagelsmann I'd be shocked if they cant get him in the summer.

October 25, 2017, 09:07:48 PM
Reply #419

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
@ridge think you're going OTT.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.