July 05, 2022, 11:13:45 PM

Author Topic: Lukaku could play for Barca  (Read 24475 times)

November 09, 2016, 02:28:23 PM
Read 24475 times

Waltzer

Interesting how he views Everton, clearly there are bigger clubs but it feel a bit strange our own manager saying that if Rom finished his career here it would have been wasted. Is that a clear indication as to his own views and desires and that were merely a stepping stone?
BTW I have no problems with this as if he does get the move he wants in theory we would have been successful.

Lukaku could play for Barcelona - Koeman

Everton striker Romelu Lukaku could wear the Barcelona jersey at some stage in his career, Ronald Koeman thinks.
Everton boss Ronald Koeman believes Romelu Lukaku has the potential to play for Barcelona.
The Belgium international has developed into one of the most lethal strikers in the Premier League in recent seasons and has frequently been linked with a move to a bigger club.
Koeman has likened Lukaku to former Barca forward Patrick Kluivert and feels he could enjoy a prestigious career like the Netherlands icon.
"Lukaku has the potential to become an amazing striker. He is still only 23 years old and is only getting better," Koeman told HLN.
"I think his finishing is very good. He keeps his calm and is one of the best I have ever seen - both as a player and as a coach - when it comes to making that final decision in front of goal. His attacking movement is great. I think he can still contribute more defensively.
"I think he can emulate Patrick Kluivert, who also rose to prominence at a young age and enjoyed a fantastic career. He eventually played for Barcelona and I can see Lukaku doing the same.
"Everton should normally not be the end for him. Romelu will not have made the most of his career if he plays for Everton for the remainder of his career. He has the potential to play for a bigger club than Everton.
"But nobody knows what will happen after this season. We have a good relationship."
Lukaku has a contract with Everton until June 2019.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 09, 2016, 02:32:35 PM
Reply #1

Shogun

Administrator
I have a problem with it. What the fuck is he saying that for?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

November 09, 2016, 02:35:19 PM
Reply #2

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah bit shit this.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos l Everton!

November 09, 2016, 02:41:25 PM
Reply #3

Mayor Farnum

Another indication that generally, players/managers think differently than most fans. Foreign players/managers do seem to be a little more honest about their ambitions.
There are probably plenty of British players/managers feel the same way but won't say anything as they know the reaction they may get. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Crosby not English.

November 09, 2016, 03:01:34 PM
Reply #4

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
The Low Countries - home of blunt honesty...

;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 09, 2016, 03:02:26 PM
Reply #5

Bluedylan

I don't think we can complain. We signed an ambitious, calculated manager and we relied on that calculation and ambition to get him from Southampton. He's a gun for hire, and he sees the footballing pyramid for what it is, unencumbered by emotion and sentiment.

Better to have no illusions and romantic fantasies about the manager and his perspective of Everton. We need professionalism and tough, pragmatic decision making. We've had enough sentiment and emotion to last us a lifetime.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

November 09, 2016, 03:40:04 PM
Reply #6

bacon sarnie

Ah, an honest manager and Trump wins. The world is truly mad.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 09, 2016, 04:35:49 PM
Reply #7

Lxxx

I don't think we can complain. We signed an ambitious, calculated manager and we relied on that calculation and ambition to get him from Southampton. He's a gun for hire, and he sees the footballing pyramid for what it is, unencumbered by emotion and sentiment.

Better to have no illusions and romantic fantasies about the manager and his perspective of Everton. We need professionalism and tough, pragmatic decision making. We've had enough sentiment and emotion to last us a lifetime.

Spot on mate. He's exactly what we need. He knows how fickle football is and he'll also back himself to improve our team with the c70m that he'd get from any Lukaku sale plus the rest he's obviously been promised, before moving on himself leaving us in a much better position than when he joined.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 09, 2016, 04:37:57 PM
Reply #8

Ross

"Hi Rom, fancy signing this contract extension"

"Behave did you hear what Ron said Farhad"
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 09, 2016, 04:46:41 PM
Reply #9

Lxxx

"Hi Rom, fancy signing this contract extension"

"Behave did you hear what Ron said Farhad"

"Fair enough Rom, I understand. As long as we get a fair price you can leave with our thanks and best wishes for the future"

I would imagine Moshiri and Koeman are on the same page in the same way that Martinez and Kenwright were on the same page.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 09, 2016, 04:47:54 PM
Reply #10

everton1952

How many times does it have to be said, supporters support their clubs, players and managers support their own careers. They are in it for money, prestige etc. It is stupid to expect "loyalty" beyond, or even within the terms of contracts. Here to day, gone tomorrow is the way it is. It is slightly different if they work for a top club, because then there is more incentive to stay. There is bugger all incentive for players to stay at lower clubs like us, unless they are of similar standard to many current Everton players, who must know that no better clubs would want them. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 09, 2016, 05:02:43 PM
Reply #11

bacon sarnie

After that performance at Chelsea the whole team should fuck off to Barcelona.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 09, 2016, 05:03:10 PM
Reply #12

Dr. Sponge

We all know it's true, but is it too much to ask for a bit of professionalism these days? After all, they are being paid a fucking fortune by the club. Just keep your mouth shut about certain things, it's not hard.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 09, 2016, 05:15:21 PM
Reply #13

Ross

"Fair enough Rom, I understand. As long as we get a fair price you can leave with our thanks and best wishes for the future"

I would imagine Moshiri and Koeman are on the same page in the same way that Martinez and Kenwright were on the same page.

Maybe it's just me but I'd have preferred him to talk about making Everton great and how Lukaku should be central to Everton winning things.

Call me daft but I couldn't give a fuck about how Barcelona do and who they employee and I don't expect the current Everton manager to either.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 09, 2016, 05:28:02 PM
Reply #14

hill135

People moaned about Moyes's incessant, joyless negativity and doing down of the club.

People moaned about Martinez telling us all what we wanted to hear and straying in to delusion more often than not.

Now some a concerned the manager is too honest for his own good.

Who cares what the manager has to say?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions