Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 162537 times)

November 24, 2017, 04:57:01 PM
Reply #2295

Macca77

Rumours that Royle and Walsh had a very public falling out last night and Royle threw Walsh under the bus and blamed him for the mess. Not sure why Royle is so involved mind.
Also Rumors that Walsh has left the club

Interesting that according to White Moshiri said we are close to appointing a new manager and new team will be in place very soon

I hope its true, it's about time someone spoke up and had a go.

November 24, 2017, 04:58:39 PM
Reply #2296

Cereal Killer

Shortlist is Rafa, Brenda and Pulis, not necessarily in that order so I believe. Would not mind Rafa to sort the football out backed by Pulis with the big stick to beat the slackers with.

lolol that shortlist is based on what?

Why not

Unsworth
Dyche
Silva

November 24, 2017, 05:01:26 PM
Reply #2297

Macca77

lolol that shortlist is based on what?

Why not

Unsworth
Dyche
Silva

I very much doubt Unsworth is one of the 3

November 24, 2017, 05:11:47 PM
Reply #2298

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Rumours that Royle and Walsh had a very public falling out last night and Royle threw Walsh under the bus and blamed him for the mess. Not sure why Royle is so involved mind.
Also Rumors that Walsh has left the club

Interesting that according to White Moshiri said we are close to appointing a new manager and new team will be in place very soon

Hope that's true, Royle is involved because he is a dyed in the wool Blue and deserves some respect from the club, also isn't he supposed to support Unsworth during his caretaker duties ?

November 24, 2017, 05:30:37 PM
Reply #2299

dazfrancis

@Jimmywhack where are these rumours from?

they sound promising, I don't want to get my hopes up

November 24, 2017, 05:32:11 PM
Reply #2300

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
@Jimmywhack where are these rumours from?

they sound promising, I don't want to get my hopes up
Lads just posted it on tef
Simply simply lovely

November 24, 2017, 05:46:31 PM
Reply #2301

therealdunc

Big Sam has gone quiet over the past few days.

Unreachable for a comment on the West Brom job (although he did say he would only come back for a big job so can’t blame him for avoiding West Brom).

Blue

November 24, 2017, 05:50:17 PM
Reply #2302

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Every Everton fan that called in to Talk sport earlier want Dyche.

November 24, 2017, 05:52:01 PM
Reply #2303

therealdunc

Lad here saying Dyche will not attend his press conference today, but his source is ‘his mate’  ::)
Blue

November 24, 2017, 05:57:40 PM
Reply #2304

mikey_blue

Honestly I can see the team responding well to Dyche or Big Sam. Their brand of football will suit the shower of shite we have for players as it won't put much pressure on the attacker's creativly, and the defence is crying out for some discipline.

November 24, 2017, 06:40:29 PM
Reply #2305

Mayor Farnum

I wonder how close they mean by close. If it's someone already in a job it's unlikely to be before the weekend.

November 24, 2017, 07:07:35 PM
Reply #2306

cantoffee

I don't understand these announcements via Jim White. Now if we don't appoint someone within the next couple days it will be absolutely madness among the supporters. Just make the fucking appointment and if we all need to wait and wonder for another couple days so be it.

November 24, 2017, 07:17:39 PM
Reply #2307

Bluedylan

I'm not too sure it was.

17 thousand in attendance to see us lose 5-1. It doesn't get much worse. Set records against palace for the most fouls in a game and the least completed passes in the premier league since opts stats came in.

Whilst you may think I've lost my head, I think you're a bit naive to how much trouble we're in.

Only so long you can say' 'lads, we're only 4 points off 8th' etc.

In fairness, we've picked up 4 pts in 2 games since I said that, despite being fairly awful ;)

The EL has been disastrous, no doubt. It was worse at times in the 90s/early 2000s though, because we didn't have a pot to piss in and at times we were lining up with terrible, Championship level players with very little hope of improvement. While you're saying I'm being naive, I'm attempting to demonstrate the opposite by pointing to a time in our recent history when things were worse and relegation felt like an inevitability. Under Smith we finished 13th, 14th, 16th and we were 16th again when he was fired. THAT was properly grim and seemingly hopeless.

Yes, this season has been rough and we've been a mess but we do have money now and we do have the possibility to improve things. You're talking about us like Sunderland and Villa being just about to enter some kind of catastrophic period of decline, which is massively OTT in my opinion. Both of those clubs suffered from huge under-investment and were teetering on the brink for seasons. It's nowhere near as bleak as that for us (or as the Walter Smith days), as long as we make a decent appointment and bring in players in the necessary areas in January.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 24, 2017, 07:28:31 PM
Reply #2308

Tinga

I worry that Everton are dead in the water. The shite will deliver the coup de grace in a few weeks, and at the following low tide the Mersey will reveal thousands of bodies of Evertonians clutching pictures of the good times under Roberto (and Koeman).

Sorry to appear faintly positive, after all I do not want to upset anyone determined to see only blackness.  At 1-2 we nearly equalized before we fell apart. 1-5 was a travesty of a score.  It could have been 2-2 with tails up in the last ten minutes. Back to the media gloating headlines then....

You're a bit all over the place, aren't you.

November 24, 2017, 07:31:25 PM
Reply #2309

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Would bite your hand off for dyche now tbh, would be a good move for both imo.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.