Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 149900 times)

November 25, 2017, 05:41:15 PM
Reply #2445

gizzblue

Both recent shouts ...MON or AvB  reek of no footballing nouse in the board at all....where's the passion and purpose.

November 25, 2017, 06:02:20 PM
Reply #2446

bigl1cks

Lots of opionions of who people donít want but nothing concrete to say who they do want and who is realistically available. Whoever is appointed we need to give them a chance and get behind the team.
anything but long ball!

November 25, 2017, 06:02:59 PM
Reply #2447

Redartin

If O'Neill takes over you'd need a huge supply of bottled water in the dug out for matches.
Every time Ireland take a shot he seems to do a half baked skip thing, turn around, and cracks open another bottle.
Come to think of it Ireland don't get many shots, so maybe he doesn't drink that many, it's just the edited highlights that make it appear that way.

This has to be a piss take. This is a worse worse case scenario to put the fans in meltdown so that when they announce its Fat Sam or Pulis or one of the other morons it will make them look so much better and acceptable. And why would they take Keane too?

November 25, 2017, 06:11:53 PM
Reply #2448

Rhys

Also AVB is fucking woeful. There's a reason why he's drifting further and further in to football obscurity at such a young age.

I'm sure I remember reading a while ago that he wants to retire around 43-45 so has been following the money by going to Zenit and then China. So with what we offer people wouldnt rule us out as the next choice!

Only 40 now had such a bright start to his career. Porto record was brilliant and did win the Europa League. Tried to change the world at Chelsea and the players couldnt stand him. At Spurs his full season they got a good amount of points nearly got CL but they did have Bale when he had just become a superstar. After Bale they messed up with a lot of transfers but he was 6th when they sacked him he'd just had two very heavy defeats at City and home to Liverpool so something musnt have been right the performances of some of the players. And even Sherwood managed to finish 6th with them so maybe it wasnt that difficult.

So if he is earning the cash until his early retirement question his motivation to succeed but rather take that gamble than MoN if they were the options.

November 25, 2017, 06:13:19 PM
Reply #2449

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I think most of us thought we were getting that degree of certainty with Koeman, though, and he turned out to have many of the bad qualities of Moyes but none of the good.

Well he did finish 7th.

Itís not worked out this year but I donít think it should be painted as a disastrous appointment.

I think weíd have recovered to be ok but that wouldnít be good enough in the long run.

Thatís why Iíd be very disappointed with an unimaginative appointment like Dyche (or whoever) as Koeman showed both with us and at Southampton that his teams have bad spells but then recover.

Koeman would not have been sacked prior to Moshiri; he has been sacked due to funds available and the respective increase in ambition / decrease of patience.

The next appointment must be made against the same criteria.

November 25, 2017, 06:15:08 PM
Reply #2450

Macca77

It's not O'Neill

November 25, 2017, 09:34:49 PM
Reply #2451

sam of the south

Well he did finish 7th.

Itís not worked out this year but I donít think it should be painted as a disastrous appointment.

I think weíd have recovered to be ok but that wouldnít be good enough in the long run.

Thatís why Iíd be very disappointed with an unimaginative appointment like Dyche (or whoever) as Koeman showed both with us and at Southampton that his teams have bad spells but then recover.

Koeman would not have been sacked prior to Moshiri; he has been sacked due to funds available and the respective increase in ambition / decrease of patience.

I think we looked ruderless and panicked with Koeman this season, and I seriously doubt a recovery was on the cards.

Lukaku, Barkley, and Coleman carried us last season.

Without them all of these cracks appeared, and what was left was an unloved and undercooked squad, devoid of inspiration, imagination, direction, and motivation.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 09:39:29 PM by sam of the south »
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

November 25, 2017, 10:18:36 PM
Reply #2452

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Well he did finish 7th.

I reckon Koeman was fired when he was because Moshiri wanted to give the fans what they were demanding.

Not the best way to run a club.

November 25, 2017, 10:20:28 PM
Reply #2453

Macca77

Silva going out in style at Watford

November 25, 2017, 11:04:39 PM
Reply #2454

BlueBeagle

I think we looked ruderless and panicked with Koeman this season, and I seriously doubt a recovery was on the cards.

Lukaku, Barkley, and Coleman carried us last season.

Without them all of these cracks appeared, and what was left was an unloved and undercooked squad, devoid of inspiration, imagination, direction, and motivation.

Bit of a stretch to say Barkley carried us IMO

November 25, 2017, 11:13:30 PM
Reply #2455

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Bit of a stretch to say Barkley carried us IMO

I know this isnít what youíre saying but any blue who tells you they wouldnít give their left bollock for Ross Barkley carrying the ball up the midfield right now is either a fucking liar, or an idiot.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 25, 2017, 11:22:50 PM
Reply #2456

Macca77

Just been told that the O'Neill stuff is bollocks, Silva is still number one of the list, we're gonna have one more go to try and get him, Moshiri was prepared to wait until the summer to get him and leave Unsworth in  charge but thats out of the window now, basically gonna tell Silva's representatives that its now or never in the hope he will tell Watford he wants to leave, failing that it will be Dyche who is extremely keen to speak to us, nobody else on the list.

November 25, 2017, 11:25:39 PM
Reply #2457

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Just been told that the O'Neill stuff is bollocks, Silva is still number one of the list, we're gonna have one more go to try and get him, Moshiri was prepared to wait until the summer to get him and leave Unsworth in  charge but thats out of the window now, basically gonna tell Silva's representatives that its now or never in the hope he will tell Watford he wants to leave, failing that it will be Dyche who is extremely keen to speak to us, nobody else on the list.

I love you
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

November 25, 2017, 11:34:27 PM
Reply #2458

Evertonian in NC

This would make logical sense, too.  Dear God, please be the truth.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

November 25, 2017, 11:47:57 PM
Reply #2459

GrantyBoy78

Weíve had 5 weeks to get Silva. Itís not happening lads.