January 23, 2018, 08:16:43 AM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce open to Everton talks  (Read 16549 times)

November 06, 2017, 06:03:22 PM
Reply #180

Heisenberg

Who do you want then who is gettable mate?

Judging from us making koeman the 8th highest paid manager in world football. I'd guess a lot of managers from the top leagues in Europe are 'gettable'

November 06, 2017, 06:04:19 PM
Reply #181

BlueMaquis

We won last night, but assuming you were there to see it, what did you see which would attract any top manager? What manager do you recommend out of the top drawer who would come running to make this Everton into a top team? We need a short term steady-the-boat type to get us to mid table or higher, and go for a good manager next May. This shambles of a squad requires emergency attention.

Fuck's sake. We're Everton, nuff said.

November 06, 2017, 06:05:29 PM
Reply #182

Lxxx

Because we're better than him, he is an awful manager who has achieved absolutely nothing in his career, his brand of football is horrible to watch and he will be hated here

Oh and just because he's never been relegated doesn't make him a good manager.

Hate to bring it up but since the 80's we've achieved nothing either. One FA Cup and a few false dawns since but again, nothing.

I wouldn't really like him here as well but I don't see a stream of decent names on the bookie lists either.

November 06, 2017, 06:06:09 PM
Reply #183

Waltzer

Judging from us making koeman the 8th highest paid manager in world football. I'd guess a lot of managers from the top leagues in Europe are 'gettable'

Exactly my point, people think were limited are talking out their ass. If we want them most are achievable, within reason, there is no loyalty in football and never has been, show someone the readies in they'll be kissing the badge within 24 hours saying they cant wait to be part of the project!

November 06, 2017, 06:17:02 PM
Reply #184

Waltzer

Hate to bring it up but since the 80's we've achieved nothing either. One FA Cup and a few false dawns since but again, nothing.

I wouldn't really like him here as well but I don't see a stream of decent names on the bookie lists either.

Lets just hope the board have a more extensive list than the bookies, but I fear you're right. And its true we have done FA since the 80s but it shouldnt stop us trying for the best, otherwise whats the point?

November 06, 2017, 06:17:46 PM
Reply #185

gizzblue

I'm reading shit loads of moaning but nobody is offering alternatives at the end of the day the board will appoint who they want not what a load of forum pundits who think they speak the majority of all evertonians who never go the game buffering stream gazers
My uncle is a steward...has been for fucking years goes every game and hes a redshite ....so your point is what exactly 😅😅😅.

It kills me people think they love the club more than others .😅😅
We all still have everton bills on.

Everyone is aloud an opinion on an open forum ... and if yours is Fat Sam so what your in the minority don't get defensive or abusive.

November 06, 2017, 06:21:10 PM
Reply #186

Macca77

and theres the snobbery I was on about how are we better than him? He's managed England ffs he knows more about the game than you so why if your opinion the be all and end all?

Its not snobbery on at all, its a fact, the man is a killer of all things football and has done fuck all at every club he has been at, yes he got the England job and fucked that up within months.

When Moshiri invested into the club he made a statement saying he didn't want the club to stand still, wanted us to move forward, it didn't work with Koeman for one reason or another and he had to go, but to turn to Allardyce now would be a huge backwards step, it really would, its stinks of desperation. We're supposed to be a big club, so find a big name manager who take us forward, who has ambition, who knows how to win games, its not hard is it.

November 06, 2017, 06:23:17 PM
Reply #187

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Love a good poster meltdown. Will be keeping tabs on this thread.

November 06, 2017, 07:04:06 PM
Reply #188

piggypop

The Oracle, Jim White, reckons Moshiri told him yesterday that whoever was appointed would be leading the club for the next 5 years. That would surely exclude Allardyce from the equation then.

Him and Danny Murphy are currently pushing Brendan Rogers as the best option.

November 06, 2017, 07:12:10 PM
Reply #189

hill135

If we got Brendan Rogers we'd at least find out which three names were in those envelopes.

November 06, 2017, 07:21:58 PM
Reply #190

Mayor Farnum

Fuck's sake. We're Everton, nuff said.

That line hasn't played too well outside L4 for a while now.

November 06, 2017, 07:37:10 PM
Reply #191

Macca77

A five deal for a new manager would thankfully rule Allardyce out

November 06, 2017, 07:39:14 PM
Reply #192

Waltzer

A five deal for a new manager would thankfully rule Allardyce out

Just imagine the fume when Sam is unveiled with a 5 year contract!! :)

November 06, 2017, 07:40:07 PM
Reply #193

Macca77

Just imagine the fume when Sam is unveiled with a 5 year contract!! :)

Don't even joke about that, seriously

November 06, 2017, 07:43:03 PM
Reply #194

Redartin

The Oracle, Jim White, reckons Moshiri told him yesterday that whoever was appointed would be leading the club for the next 5 years. That would surely exclude Allardyce from the equation then.

No it'll probably be Unsworth, with Fat Sam in the background in some sort of advisory capacity, just till the end of this season, just in case it goes tits up.