September 19, 2018, 02:35:05 AM

Author Topic: Niasse  (Read 39969 times)

November 21, 2017, 07:26:08 PM
Reply #360

Macca77

Lads, he dived, you all saw it, yes there was contact but not enough for him to throw himself they way he did, take your blue tinted giggs off for a bit, it's not a conspiracy against us, its unfortunate.

But, it will be very interesting to see what happens when a player from the "sky top 6" does the same.

November 21, 2017, 07:26:57 PM
Reply #361

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Why do you only get a booking if punished in the game but a ban if picked up afterwards.

You donít get worse bans for retrospective punishments for elbows etc.

November 21, 2017, 07:28:56 PM
Reply #362

Major Clanger

It was announced ages ago that it would be introduced at the start of the season, remember Allardyce moaning about it when he was Palace manager.

They are rolling it out in stages though, first only for teams in the bottom half of the table.

What surprises me is how quickly all the "he had the right to go down there, Clive" people have changed their tune.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

November 21, 2017, 07:29:11 PM
Reply #363

hill135

it was a dive

November 21, 2017, 07:31:08 PM
Reply #364

Macca77

The dirty cheat, see, I told you all that he is shit

;)

November 21, 2017, 07:31:12 PM
Reply #365

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Does seem a bit harsh that if a ref catches you in the game itís a yellow card

If he doesnít catch you then itís a 2 match ban

Ban the ref for not seeing it I say!

And let Oumar play cos we love him
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

November 21, 2017, 07:32:01 PM
Reply #366

gizzblue

The dirty cheat, see, I told you all that he is shit

;)
I honestly think we all know this ...but it's deffo strange Niasse is the first to be punished retro for it .

November 21, 2017, 07:32:01 PM
Reply #367

Major Clanger

Why do you only get a booking if punished in the game but a ban if picked up afterwards.

You donít get worse bans for retrospective punishments for elbows etc.

That bit is fine, it's to encourage players to admit diving on the spot. (Just like pleading guilty in a court.)

What is less fine is the rather arbitrary way in which they chose the first victim of the rule. Am I to believe that in the 110 games played in the Premier League before Saturday, not a single player had dived? Pull the other one.

November 21, 2017, 07:34:14 PM
Reply #368

piggypop

NSNO Subscriber

You don't get worse bans for retrospective punishments for elbows etc.
If he had been booked during the game, the penalty wouldn't have been given.

Because it was missed during the game we gained a goal advantage. If the penalty had been missed and their player hadn't been sent off, I don't think they charge the player who dives.

I think we'll all miss Niasse if he's banned, but he did dive and gain us an unfair advantage. It's a fair cop really.

November 21, 2017, 07:34:17 PM
Reply #369

Macca77

What is less fine is the rather arbitrary way in which they chose the first victim of the rule. Am I to believe that in the 110 games played in the Premier League before Saturday, not a single player had dived? Pull the other one.

This is the annoying bit about this, there's been loads of dives this season, and yet only now do they decide to take action.

November 21, 2017, 07:34:38 PM
Reply #370

Major Clanger

it was a dive

I don't think anyone seriously contests that it was a dive. But was it the first dive in the Premier League this season?

November 21, 2017, 07:35:35 PM
Reply #371

gizzblue

That bit is fine, it's to encourage players to admit diving on the spot. (Just like pleading guilty in a court.)

Can't be the only one ,watch Delli Ally for any amount of time ....he's the new Ashley Williams /klinsman/Tom Daily .

November 21, 2017, 07:36:58 PM
Reply #372

Macca77

Does seem a bit harsh that if a ref catches you in the game itís a yellow card

If he doesnít catch you then itís a 2 match ban

Ban the ref for not seeing it I say!

And let Oumar play cos we love him

#justiceforOumar

Hope all of our players have tshirts with that written on them this sunday

November 21, 2017, 07:40:19 PM
Reply #373

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Thing is, as we well know if he appeals then he just gets a three match ban, if he doesn't appeal he is admitting that he's a diver, game for anyone to take him down in the box from now on knowing it's more likely that Niasse gets a yellow card and not a pen. Every manager in the league whispering in the refs ear
to watch out for that cheat Niasse.

November 21, 2017, 07:43:31 PM
Reply #374

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
He didn't dive anyway. He's just a shit unorthodox player who can't stay on his feet ;)
"If you believe it will work out, youíll see opportunities. If you believe it wonít, you will see obstacles." Ė Wayne Dyer