October 21, 2018, 09:08:05 PM

Author Topic: [News]Watford deny Everton a Silva lining  (Read 30438 times)

November 17, 2017, 08:32:32 PM
Reply #195

Waltzer

Watford manager Marco Silva has refused to deny speculation that he is keen to take the Everton job.

The Portuguese moved to Vicarage Road over the summer and has overseen a fine start to the season, guiding the Hornets to 15 points from their first 11 games and ninth place in the table.

The Toffees are in the hunt for a new manager after sacking Ronald Koeman at the end of the month, meanwhile, and have reportedly been turned down twice by Watfordover a move for Silva.

"What I can tell you about this situation is I look at this situation like for some players when they play well, or somebody that the coach wants from another club," Silva told journalists today. "For me, now this is a case for the board and the owners to discuss the situation. For me it is a normal situation, I understand the question."

Asked if he wanted to talk to Everton but was being prevented from doing so, he responded: "I don't answer this question. I read many many things in the week. I need to talk with my owner, my board and my players as well. I do my job normally during the week.

"I don't want to talk about Everton. I am here to talk about the West Ham match. If you want to talk to me about Everton, it's not the club where I work."

Positive?

Enough in that to suggest he wants to come in my opinion

November 17, 2017, 08:38:14 PM
Reply #196

Macca77

To me that's him basically saying I want Everton so badly, please please let me go

November 17, 2017, 08:43:16 PM
Reply #197

Waltzer

Lots of Watford fans posting on twitter thinking the same, hes basically said all the right things from an Everton perspective, wonder how far he'll push it though? When you've made a conscious decisions its okay to put up a pretence that you're happy to stay etc, it'll soon get on his nerves to the point where he'll resent Watfords position.

November 17, 2017, 08:48:43 PM
Reply #198

GrantyBoy78

Hes all over that fucking shit!

November 17, 2017, 08:49:25 PM
Reply #199

GrantyBoy78

Hes either coming here or getting a new contract.

November 17, 2017, 08:49:29 PM
Reply #200

mikey_blue

Watford have fucked over a couple of managers, so I can see him wanting to leave. It's all down to karma.

November 17, 2017, 08:51:23 PM
Reply #201

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

November 17, 2017, 08:56:25 PM
Reply #202

Macca77

"I don't want to talk about Everton. I am here to talk about the West Ham match. If you want to talk to me about Everton, it's not the club where I work."

Rumour has it, he had his fingers crossed behind his back and winked at the camera just after he said this

November 17, 2017, 09:11:03 PM
Reply #203

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Watford manager Marco Silva has refused to deny speculation that he is keen to take the Everton job.

The Portuguese moved to Vicarage Road over the summer and has overseen a fine start to the season, guiding the Hornets to 15 points from their first 11 games and ninth place in the table.

The Toffees are in the hunt for a new manager after sacking Ronald Koeman at the end of the month, meanwhile, and have reportedly been turned down twice by Watfordover a move for Silva.

"What I can tell you about this situation is I look at this situation like for some players when they play well, or somebody that the coach wants from another club," Silva told journalists today. "For me, now this is a case for the board and the owners to discuss the situation. For me it is a normal situation, I understand the question."

Asked if he wanted to talk to Everton but was being prevented from doing so, he responded: "I don't answer this question. I read many many things in the week. I need to talk with my owner, my board and my players as well. I do my job normally during the week.

Positive?

The little cock tease.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

November 17, 2017, 09:13:02 PM
Reply #204

sam of the south

Dirty little sod, wanking like a gibbon over an old-school Everton rosette and rattle
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

November 17, 2017, 09:15:57 PM
Reply #205

Evertonian in NC

He likes us!  He really, really likes us!!
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

November 17, 2017, 09:24:20 PM
Reply #206

everton1952

I read the thread earlier saying how badly Watford bosses treated successive managers, so I now think stuff them, and if it happens don't feel guilty towards Watford. Therefore I no longer believe the whole Silva approach is disreputable on the grounds that he has only been there 11 games etc etc. Just forget all about loyalty of managers and players, it hardly exists in this game.
Having said that, I stick by my other view that as a fan I would be furious if an EFC manager departed after such a short time for a pay rise somewhere else.

November 17, 2017, 09:27:11 PM
Reply #207

mikey_blue

I read the thread earlier saying how badly Watford bosses treated successive managers, so I now think stuff them, and if it happens don't feel guilty towards Watford. Therefore I no longer believe the whole Silva approach is disreputable on the grounds that he has only been there 11 games etc etc. Just forget all about loyalty of managers and players, it hardly exists in this game.
Having said that, I stick by my other view that as a fan I would be furious if an EFC manager departed after such a short time for a pay rise somewhere else.

It's totally cool having double standards when it comes to Everton.

November 17, 2017, 09:27:17 PM
Reply #208

Bluedylan

Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 17, 2017, 09:31:33 PM
Reply #209

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely