December 17, 2017, 04:43:55 AM

Author Topic: Olympic Stadium  (Read 14960 times)

September 21, 2015, 02:04:02 AM
Reply #45

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
I know it was a few years ago, but it's mental when you see the cost of the likes of Wembley and the Olympic Stadium yet they managed to build the Millennium Stadium for about £120m. And that includes a retractable roof.

That's because we got Dai the Brick to do us a deal.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

September 25, 2015, 01:39:23 AM
Reply #46

Gash

Global Moderator
Be interesting to see what the atmosphere is like tonight in the rugby world cup. It must be pretty much close to it's finished configuration if they are able to use it. At first glance it looks like the fans are going to be pretty far away for a single tier stadium.

EDIT. Just seem some more, some of the stadium is two tier. One thing that really sticks out is the two stands running along the touchline are miles away from the pitch.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 01:41:03 AM by Gash »

May 09, 2016, 05:59:23 PM
Reply #47

hill135

WHU sold 50,000 season tickets for their first season in the OS.

Discuss.

May 09, 2016, 06:10:54 PM
Reply #48

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
WHU sold 50,000 season tickets for their first season in the OS.

Discuss.

I wonder had they not had a good season what the numbers would have been like?

By the way I know everyone else has been fooled by thinking the current West Ham stadium is called the Boleyn ground

Well guess what?i didn't get the fucking memo!

It's always been called Upton Park and quite frankly that's what I'm gonna call the new stadium too

So how do you like those fucking apples?!

Maine Road, The Baseball Ground, Highbury, The Dell etc, when we play away against these teams that's where in my head we are playing them!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

May 09, 2016, 06:29:32 PM
Reply #49

Major Clanger

And of course Filbert Street.

I'm eternally grateful that I had the chance to visit Upton Park, one of the few remaining "proper" football grounds. Well, not any more.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

May 09, 2016, 06:34:29 PM
Reply #50

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber

I wonder had they not had a good season what the numbers would have been like?

By the way I know everyone else has been fooled by thinking the current West Ham stadium is called the Boleyn ground

Well guess what?i didn't get the fucking memo!

It's always been called Upton Park and quite frankly that's what I'm gonna call the new stadium too

So how do you like those fucking apples?!

Maine Road, The Baseball Ground, Highbury, The Dell etc, when we play away against these teams that's where in my head we are playing them!

Some of those 'fucking apples' you're comparing are oranges though.  Where there's a physical location change I can rationalise it in my head, but these sponsored grounds changing names will stay as their first sponsor.  This romanticised change of West Ham's from Upton Park is bollocks though.  No one called it anything other than Upton Park for 20 years until a couple of years ago.

Bolton's ground is the Reebok, Wigan's is the JJB, Stoke's is The Britainnia no matter who owns the naming rights next season.  Arsenal's will always be The Emirates.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

May 09, 2016, 06:39:32 PM
Reply #51

Ross

It's hardly surprising they sold so many they've been practically giving them away.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

May 09, 2016, 06:41:29 PM
Reply #52

claimabstract

I hear Geritol improves memory function.

May 10, 2016, 01:47:50 AM
Reply #53

ally2

Upton Park is shit. Those towers!

May 10, 2016, 01:55:45 AM
Reply #54

Zoolander

Sky are banging on about this constantly now.
Not sure I enjoy being repeatedly told about the great new home we're all footing the bill for, for a team we don't support
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 01:56:02 AM by Zoolander »

May 10, 2016, 03:28:52 AM
Reply #55

The Analog Kid

You can see it now, first game of Super Sunday™ is destined to be Leicester (or Liverpool) away at West Ham.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 03:29:43 AM by The Analog Kid »

May 10, 2016, 03:31:36 AM
Reply #56

ally2

West Ham are soft. Always have been. Always will be. Like Man City - sure you can spend to succeed but look how easy it's been for them to fall off the rails. It's in their DNA.

August 05, 2016, 02:35:06 PM
Reply #57

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

August 05, 2016, 05:31:12 PM
Reply #58

Shogun

Administrator
Too far away from the pitch. I'd be gutted if we moved into that.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

August 05, 2016, 05:34:22 PM
Reply #59

Major Clanger

Too far away from the pitch. I'd be gutted if we moved into that.

Particularly from somewhere like Upton Park, which was a proper old school stadium.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel