October 20, 2017, 05:01:20 AM

Author Topic: England Team Thread (Yes I'm Not Keen On The National Team Either)  (Read 12132 times)

August 30, 2016, 09:49:26 PM
Read 12132 times

Thomas

Here goes nothing........ thread to talk about all things England e.g. who should be in the squad/whether Big Sam prefers Cheese & Onion pasties to Pukka Pies....  :whistle:

So, Big Sam has picked his first England Squad - has he completely bottled it? Kept the same captain, still trying to shoehorn Rooney in and omitted Barkley/Rashford and done the opposite (adding youth) of what he said he would do and gone for experience. How does the England Team improve and what does the Football Association/Team Manager/players need to be considering/playing like to do better?

Heres how Ball Street on Youtube (With Ped, representing Toffee TV) reacted to no Barkley/Wilshere/Rashford

« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 09:50:49 PM by Thomas »

September 02, 2016, 08:54:06 PM
Reply #1

formerKHL

I've always armchair  "supported" England over the years....

but since allardyce has taken over I cant get interested at all...especially since dropping our diamond...(the everton link to the thread)

I've had a few conversations with him over the years and he talks real football sense... but now I think he's just a "panic selection" by the FA......

anyone else feel the same..

September 02, 2016, 09:23:58 PM
Reply #2

Mayor Farnum

Why not? They've tried everything else.

September 05, 2016, 03:18:06 PM
Reply #3

Bluesthedaddy

Let's concentrate on the team's (not Belgium)we have players in and not this bunch of self obsessed underachievers. I wonder if woy would put stone's in now he's at shitte.

September 06, 2016, 06:46:28 PM
Reply #4

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

September 06, 2016, 07:55:06 PM
Reply #5

kramer0

An interesting article about seedings and the FIFA world rankings. It's mostly about Wales but it does talk about implications for England.

http://thesetpieces.com/world-football/beating-system-wales-planned-seeding-success-calculator/

September 06, 2016, 08:04:30 PM
Reply #6

Bluedylan

Didn't watch the game the other day, and have decided to swerve the England team altogether from now on.

Let's be honest, the vast majority of international football is fairly shite now. Possibly only the South American qualifiers are still vaguely interesting. In terms of the Europeans, two years of tedium in the qualifying process, followed by massively underwhelming tournaments. I know it's a cliche, but club football is a million miles ahead of it now.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

September 06, 2016, 08:07:17 PM
Reply #7

Major Clanger

Didn't watch the game the other day, and have decided to swerve the England team altogether from now on.

Let's be honest, the vast majority of international football is fairly shite now. Possibly only the South American qualifiers are still vaguely interesting. In terms of the Europeans, two years of tedium in the qualifying process, followed by massively underwhelming tournaments. I know it's a cliche, but club football is a million miles ahead of it now.

It's a good job this isn't universally true because our club football is unimaginably shite.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

September 06, 2016, 11:22:08 PM
Reply #8

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
It's a good job this isn't universally true because our club football is unimaginably shite.

As in the premier league?

Nah. It's miles ahead of anything you see at international level.

September 06, 2016, 11:39:54 PM
Reply #9

Major Clanger

No, as in the Hungarian league. Ranked as it does behind that footballing powerhouse Liechtenstein. And Liechtenstein is pulling away.

The only chance of supporting anyone if you're a Hungarian football fan is foreign clubs or the national team, which has  miraculously performed to a respectable level compared to the clubs.

September 07, 2016, 01:50:34 AM
Reply #10

Hannibal Lecter

No, as in the Hungarian league. Ranked as it does behind that footballing powerhouse Liechtenstein. And Liechtenstein is pulling away.

The only chance of supporting anyone if you're a Hungarian football fan is foreign clubs or the national team, which has  miraculously performed to a respectable level compared to the clubs.
Are you serious? Behind Liechtenstein?

That is some bad hat Harry!

The Swedish league are surely not the best but we had Malmö FF in CL two years in a row and teams qulifying for EL groups every now and then. Last season Allsvenskan had an average of just under 10000 every game which is okay. Of course the clubs, just like in Hungary, can't compete with other clubs regarding money but we are at least better than Liechtenstein  :)
Jönköpings Södra IF

September 07, 2016, 02:25:20 AM
Reply #11

Haile GAZrselassie

Nah.

The German national side still wipes the floor with anything you can put in front of it from the prem.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

September 07, 2016, 02:44:09 AM
Reply #12

Major Clanger

Are you serious? Behind Liechtenstein?

That is some bad hat Harry!

The Swedish league are surely not the best but we had Malmö FF in CL two years in a row and teams qulifying for EL groups every now and then. Last season Allsvenskan had an average of just under 10000 every game which is okay. Of course the clubs, just like in Hungary, can't compete with other clubs regarding money but we are at least better than Liechtenstein  :)

I think one of our clubs actually won a qualifying round this year. Average attendances are 2500, but that's a very generous estimate, the real figure is probably less than 2000. But at least you're forced to register if you want to attend a game. Not on the day of course, that'd be unthinkable. Plan ahead if you want to partake in the privilege of attending a domestic match. :)

September 07, 2016, 03:50:22 AM
Reply #13

Hannibal Lecter

You were saying?
Jönköpings Södra IF

September 07, 2016, 04:01:36 AM
Reply #14

bacon sarnie

Not arsed about the England team but after reading match reports reckon they may do a bit better without Rooney running the show. Hope they qualify for the world cup though as it won't be the same without them. Especially in Russia.