June 25, 2017, 12:19:46 PM

Author Topic: Joel - clean sheets  (Read 4429 times)

April 20, 2017, 05:15:59 AM
Reply #135

Alanvideo

How can anyone defend him. Did people not see the last game?

That foul to give away the penalty was the most stupid thing I have ever seen a keeper do. As in ever. In my entire life.

The very occurrence of that foul should be proof enough that he's not good enough for us. Add in the rest of the evidence of poor decision making, positioning, kicking, throwing, and his general comedic appearance, and it's beyond me that this debate has got to 9 pages.
.............he's had his chance and blown it . I would play Stek till the end of the season .
We are special ,we are Everton.

April 20, 2017, 07:54:39 AM
Reply #136

Jamokachi

Kinell.

These lads obviously don't take the game in.

Begovic is poor. He has a big reputation for some reason, but is actually quite shite.

Again, I think people are struggling to realise we need a better class of player with our heightened ambitions.

It was much the same debate as on here really, with the question being should we sign Pickford. The counter argument being that we should go for proven top quality that will be at the top of their game for the next 2-3 years. Of course the names they put forward are hardly top quality. Chelsea's number 2 and someone who's fallen off the edge of the cliff. It was very sub-standard football knowledge on display.

April 20, 2017, 03:16:45 PM
Reply #137

Rodenplav64

That foul to give away the penalty was the most stupid thing I have ever seen a keeper do. As in ever. In my entire life.

The very occurrence of that foul should be proof enough that he's not good enough for us. Add in the rest of the evidence of poor decision making, positioning, kicking, throwing, and his general comedic appearance, and it's beyond me that this debate has got to 9 pages.

As far as exaggeration goes .I mean that is the worse I have seen ever . I mean in my entire life . If that is the worse keeping you have seen you must be about 6 .

April 20, 2017, 04:37:42 PM
Reply #138

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
As far as exaggeration goes .I mean that is the worse I have seen ever . I mean in my entire life . If that is the worse keeping you have seen you must be about 6 .

I await your evidence to the contrary.

April 20, 2017, 05:16:46 PM
Reply #139

Lxxx

I remember seeing him in the cup a few years ago when we had that marathon penalty shoot out and he got nowhere near any of the penalties. In fact my brother who I was watching it with (not an Everton fan) pointed out that he was actually on the floor before the player was about to strike the ball on every penalty making it very easy to score.
It was the same at the weekend.
Same against Origi's shot against the shite where he seems to guess and go instead of using his considerable frame and making himself big, forcing the player to make the decision.

There are just too many fundamental parts of his game which are questionable and if he wasn't about 6'5" and could easily catch a ball, kick a ball far and fill large parts of the goal with his frame he would have been bombed out of the game at school age, in my opinion.

April 20, 2017, 05:25:24 PM
Reply #140

Macca77

His positioning is shit
His decision making in shit
His handling is shit
His shot stopping is shit

In conclusion, HE'S SHIT!

April 20, 2017, 05:46:23 PM
Reply #141

Cereal Killer

lolol always amusing

April 20, 2017, 06:02:39 PM
Reply #142

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Ok that's pretty bad.

April 20, 2017, 07:52:30 PM
Reply #143

Rodenplav64

Unless you meant evidence of your exaggeration which also wouldn't be too hard to find .

April 20, 2017, 11:46:15 PM
Reply #144

D15TIN

what a load of shite - Joe Hart makes 3 of those challenges per season and people want him to replace Robles, Hart statistically hes made the most errors leading to goals in europe this season

Your point about bringing Stekelenburg in the rest of the season? WHY - We where shite when he was last in goal, and lost his place because of persistent errors early in the season - ibrahimovic chip, negredo goal, burnley away etc

Robles has more clean sheets than Cech yet people jump straight on him, calling for begovic - errrr hello hes not played for 2 seasons and is very overrated remember him having a terrible time at goodison when we hit stoke for 4 few seasons back.

April 21, 2017, 12:00:20 AM
Reply #145

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Unless you meant evidence of your exaggeration which also wouldn't be too hard to find .

I don't think Robles mistake would be out of place on that list, especially when combined with his ludicrous attempt at a save of the resulting penalty. Less of a comedic error perhaps than some, but displaying similar levels of idiocy.

April 21, 2017, 12:16:35 AM
Reply #146

Major Clanger

I don't think Robles mistake would be out of place on that list, especially when combined with his ludicrous attempt at a save of the resulting penalty. Less of a comedic error perhaps than some, but displaying similar levels of idiocy.

You can point to similarly bad mistakes by pretty much every keeper in the world. A single incident can't be used as an indicator for anything.

You need to look at longer term trends and patterns.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 12:18:01 AM by Major Clanger »
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

April 21, 2017, 12:38:50 AM
Reply #147

Alanvideo

You can point to similarly bad mistakes by pretty much every keeper in the world. A single incident can't be used as an indicator for anything.

You need to look at longer term trends and patterns.
...............it's not a single incident though ,it's a double whammy ,two cock-ups in two minutes .
We are special ,we are Everton.

April 21, 2017, 02:39:13 AM
Reply #148

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I keep thinking it's his new name. Like a boxing name. Joel -clean sheets-Robles
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Aruna Kone, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...