February 20, 2018, 01:50:24 PM

Author Topic: David Moyes and strikers  (Read 1314 times)

September 19, 2010, 04:53:29 AM
Read 1314 times

kunal32

Just an observation in the time that David Moyes has been at Everton.

1) He has never managed to forge a consistent partnership with two strikers for more than a season

2)Is it coincidental that he has had some kind of fall out with nearly all the strikers that have been at the club in his time and ironically all eventually end up moving on :-

Radzinski
Rooney (Inevitable sale)
Jeffers
AJ
Beattie
Bent (Good business)
McFadden

Rumour is the Yak isn't happy and will be looking for an exit route sooner rather than later

Wouldn't be surprised at all if Moyes has problems with Beckford at some point in time.

September 19, 2010, 06:34:25 AM
Reply #1

BootleBlueBoy

Just an observation in the time that David Moyes has been at Everton.

1) He has never managed to forge a consistent partnership with two strikers for more than a season

2)Is it coincidental that he has had some kind of fall out with nearly all the strikers that have been at the club in his time and ironically all eventually end up moving on :-

Radzinski
Rooney (Inevitable sale)
Jeffers
AJ
Beattie
Bent (Good business)
McFadden

Rumour is the Yak isn't happy and will be looking for an exit route sooner rather than later

Wouldn't be surprised at all if Moyes has problems with Beckford at some point in time.

hang on a sec, I fail to see ur point, none of those players left because of moyes, Moyes hasnt chased away any top class strikers, they all left because they weren't good enough, too injury prone, or had the wrong attitude.
The Yak isnt happy because he wasnt first choice last season and he still isnt, moyes has told him he needs to work harder for the team or he wont play. Surprise, surprise Moyes is right, yak offers alot but is lazy and until he starts to work harder for the team he wont be good enough, he'll be another stop gap, a stage in moyes' team buidling, nothin more

September 19, 2010, 05:32:57 PM
Reply #2

Mayor Farnum

We need the Yak motivated to see him at his best. But you are never going to motivate him by constantly picking Beckford ahead of him.   

September 19, 2010, 07:28:52 PM
Reply #3

Father Mcnulty

We need the Yak motivated to see him at his best. But you are never going to motivate him by constantly picking Beckford ahead of him.   

So playing professional football in the Premiership with one of the better sides whilst earning a fortune every week isn't motivation? I really don't have time for excuses where players are concerned. If you don't play at the top of your game every week, then find another club, or take an enormous pay cut to keep you in line with the standard you play. Beckford is new to our club, and has taken a big step up. I would rather play him, and keep playing him until things happen, than play a lazy git like Yakubu.

September 19, 2010, 07:31:51 PM
Reply #4

evertonjoe

So playing professional football in the Premiership with one of the better sides whilst earning a fortune every week isn't motivation? I really don't have time for excuses where players are concerned. If you don't play at the top of your game every week, then find another club, or take an enormous pay cut to keep you in line with the standard you play. Beckford is new to our club, and has taken a big step up. I would rather play him, and keep playing him until things happen, than play a lazy git like Yakubu.

What an idiotic comment.

R.A.P Music

September 19, 2010, 07:37:06 PM
Reply #5

Father Mcnulty

What an idiotic comment.

After reading your posts I find that sentence a little ironic.

Yak 'WANTED TO LEAVE US' or have you been on planet Zog? I would rather play a guy who 'WANTS' to play for us ( and just happened to score over 30 goals last season ) than a guy who doesn't.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 07:43:08 PM by Father Mcnulty »

September 20, 2010, 12:19:22 AM
Reply #6

BootleBlueBoy

i dont care who plays as long as their scoring goal and performing

September 20, 2010, 12:21:22 AM
Reply #7

evertonjoe

Yak 'WANTED TO LEAVE US' or have you been on planet Zog? I would rather play a guy who 'WANTS' to play for us ( and just happened to score over 30 goals last season ) than a guy who doesn't.

Contrary to popular to popular belief caps lock doesn't make points any more clear or foolish.

R.A.P Music

September 20, 2010, 12:24:25 AM
Reply #8

Father Mcnulty

Contrary to popular to popular belief caps lock doesn't make points any more clear or foolish.

Joe .... how about finding something better to do?
You're not talking to a kiddy here, so move along and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

September 20, 2010, 02:52:38 AM
Reply #9

Thom

Administrator

The key word being wanted. He's here until January at least, and even then it's highly unlikely that he'll be sold. That gives Yakubu a good season's worth to show he still has the ability to succeed in a team like ours, and if he gets us the goals to win games then who's complaining?

He's easily our best striker, and has to be playing regularly now to get up to speed.