1 (2.2%)
Lukaku
0 (0%)
Kone (Sub)
0 (0%)
Mirallas (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Stoke City v Everton  (Read 27242 times)

February 06, 2016, 09:14:19 PM
Reply #90

KoemansNumberTens

Not a red for me, going really wide and there were Stoke defenders around.

Its never a red but for me under the laws should be. Hes moving away because of the keepers illegal challenge.

February 06, 2016, 09:15:07 PM
Reply #91

Evertonian in NC

now they are reverting to true Stoke shithouse form, as they have no answer for our class
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 06, 2016, 09:15:48 PM
Reply #92

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Oviedo...I do wonder if he suits Martinez's setup better. I know that's not a popular opinion as Baines is the better player...but I do think there is a discussion to be had there.

February 06, 2016, 09:16:01 PM
Reply #93

stirlingblue

Its never a red but for me under the laws should be. Hes moving away because of the keepers illegal challenge.

I think if the ball was under control it would have been a red.

If the keeper didn't touch him there I don't think he was getting to the ball

February 06, 2016, 09:17:24 PM
Reply #94

Bluedylan

I actually thought Cleverley cleverly left his foot in, and thought Butland pulled out. But I'll take it.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

February 06, 2016, 09:17:32 PM
Reply #95

bacon sarnie

Could get used to this.......

February 06, 2016, 09:18:24 PM
Reply #96

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
He is going forward Oviedo but positionally he's all over the shop, that's fine when we are on top.

February 06, 2016, 09:18:50 PM
Reply #97

howard1334

Oviedo...I do wonder if he suits Martinez's setup better. I know that's not a popular opinion as Baines is the better player...but I do think there is a discussion to be had there.

Oviedo is one of the best backup LBs in the league, but Baines is still the better player. Let us not start doubting Baines so quickly yet again. It happens every time anyone else plays well and it is sort of crazy, since Baines is one of the best all time attacking backs ever.

February 06, 2016, 09:20:22 PM
Reply #98

stirlingblue

Commentator on my stream is ripping Oviedo to shreds

February 06, 2016, 09:20:44 PM
Reply #99

Evertonian in NC

Oviedo has a bit of that Besic "I don't care who you are" aggression in him, which does give us a lift at times.  Again, I think at Baines' age, expecting him to be able to play every single week in the League, Cups, and HOPEFULLY Europe next season isn't realistic in any event.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 06, 2016, 09:22:32 PM
Reply #100

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Streams.

Mines on its ass

February 06, 2016, 09:22:55 PM
Reply #101

blob

great stream for the city/leicester game, but all shite for this one. fucking typical :(

February 06, 2016, 09:23:30 PM
Reply #102

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Oviedo is one of the best backup LBs in the league, but Baines is still the better player. Let us not start doubting Baines so quickly yet again. It happens every time anyone else plays well and it is sort of crazy, since Baines is one of the best all time attacking backs ever.

No doubt Baines is the better player. I'm not disputing that, it's more about the sum of the parts in this case.

Maybe it's more of a thing whereby against certain teams or if we're playing a certain setup we should be willing to give players like Oviedo a chance. Baines doesn't have to play every game...albeit I admit I usually prefer not to change a working back four.

It's a little like the Deulofeu vs Lennon situation.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 09:24:33 PM by blueToffee »

February 06, 2016, 09:23:32 PM
Reply #103

Evertonian in NC

Even if I did prefer Oviedo to Baines (I don't), I also don't think his body could hold up to full-time duty either.  He's an energy player, best deployed as a versatile reserve and given a run of matches here and there.

February 06, 2016, 09:24:00 PM
Reply #104

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
If only y'all had the magical box that can't be named ;)