1 (2.2%)
Lukaku
0 (0%)
Kone (Sub)
0 (0%)
Mirallas (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Stoke City v Everton  (Read 27309 times)

February 06, 2016, 05:13:46 PM
Reply #30

TSGun

If Niasse is cleared to play, and assuming Lukaku doesn't recover, is there a case to start him today?

Kone probably deserves the spot but I'm itching to see this new fella do his thing.

February 06, 2016, 05:16:55 PM
Reply #31

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Lennon is boss

February 06, 2016, 05:17:23 PM
Reply #32

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
If Niasse is cleared to play, and assuming Lukaku doesn't recover, is there a case to start him today?

Kone probably deserves the spot but I'm itching to see this new fella do his thing.

Think Lukaku is fit for this.

February 06, 2016, 05:34:34 PM
Reply #33

mikey_blue

We're going to be defending plenty today, in that respect. Lennon has to start for me. Let Gerry go on left and absolutely ruin Glen Johnson's life.

February 06, 2016, 05:37:43 PM
Reply #34

Cozzie

Also people underestimate Lennons tracking back, he is one of the better ones at it.

February 06, 2016, 05:41:48 PM
Reply #35

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Same starting eleven will do thanks

Simply simply lovely

February 06, 2016, 05:50:10 PM
Reply #36

TSGun

Same starting eleven will do thanks

Same everything please.

February 06, 2016, 05:51:07 PM
Reply #37

GrantyBoy78

Stoke not scored in their last 3 league games...great...step forward Everton.

February 06, 2016, 05:52:09 PM
Reply #38

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Reckon del was being saved for this game. But it's very harsh to drop Lennon and cleverley. Both those players gives us so much balance when they play.

Think you've gotta get del in there though.

I'd put him in for McCarthy and get cleverley in the middle.

Also be interesting to see what he does at left back. No news of a knock for baines, so he was obviously rested. But its also harsh to drop oveido who I think has performed well recently.

February 06, 2016, 06:00:20 PM
Reply #39

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I'd like to see Del get a run through the center too. Maybe give Ross a break. But then he's in great form too.

Oh the decisions of the manager...
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

February 06, 2016, 06:07:04 PM
Reply #40

ally2

Yes Lennon is better defensively. That's why I think he probably ought to start today. The Newcastle team showed me that Martinez wants to prioritise a sound defence which is good. Unfortunately though, Newcastle offer no barometer of that achievement.

But we all admire Barkley in attack whilst accepting his lesser contributions in defence. I'm fine with that - we watch a player develop. And then everyone says Lennon is great as he offers more defensively. Why isn't Deleufeu offered that time to develop that side of the game then?  I have always thought Deulefeu is brilliant. He may need a rest and his fitness should be better granted. But it confuses though that so many rate Lennon after a career of mediocrity yet it only takes one poor game from Deulefeu for people to start shouting at him at the game, groaning, and complaining that he'd be better off from the bench and all that crap.

February 06, 2016, 06:07:25 PM
Reply #41

Rodenplav64

Reckon del was being saved for this game. But it's very harsh to drop Lennon and cleverley. Both those players gives us so much balance when they play.

Think you've gotta get del in there though.

I think Deulofeu could do a lot more centrally . Yes he can be annoying stuck on the left when no one spreads it out wide . He has to come back to pick it up and has too much to do a lot of the time . He would be ideal in the Osman role and Lennon offers more defensively .
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 06:08:26 PM by Rodenplav64 »

February 06, 2016, 06:15:29 PM
Reply #42

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Just wanna say that Aaron Lennon is a brilliant little footballer and offers a lot going forward.

People shouldn't be expecting Ross Barkley of del types of performances from him, he's a different type of player.

February 06, 2016, 07:19:28 PM
Reply #43

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Just wanna say that Aaron Lennon is a brilliant little footballer and offers a lot going forward.

People shouldn't be expecting Ross Barkley of del types of performances from him, he's a different type of player.

He's very intricate, and I can see that increasing in his game as his pace dwindles with age.

I think you said it in the Newcastle match thread, he's our new Pienaar. Cleverly is our new Osman.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

February 06, 2016, 07:44:00 PM
Reply #44

Evertonian in NC

He's very intricate, and I can see that increasing in his game as his pace dwindles with age.

I think you said it in the Newcastle match thread, he's our new Pienaar. Cleverly is our new Osman.

I missed that, but really makes one think, doesn't it?
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin