November 25, 2017, 09:47:46 AM

Author Topic: Nice to see Jags back  (Read 881 times)

March 20, 2017, 01:59:35 AM
Read 881 times

Shogun

Administrator
No doubting he was having a nightmare before getting dropped and he hasn't had too much to do in these two matches but he's settled back into the side with no problems at all.

I feel the Jagielka-Williams partnership is a lot more secure than any other we've got at the moment.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

deCoubertin

March 20, 2017, 02:18:49 AM
Reply #1

toffee_scot

I think he needed that extended period out the starting lineup after a spell of poor form, he still has something to give and has shown in the past that he can get over such spells and become even stronger. Fines Mori hasn't been bad but I feel more secure with Jags.

I hope though that Holgate might get a look in especially if Koeman decides to go 3 at the back in the next couple months.

March 20, 2017, 02:27:32 AM
Reply #2

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Didn't think he was that bad when he was dropped and statistics back that up but yes, it's good to see him back

Simply simply lovely

March 20, 2017, 02:56:39 AM
Reply #3

Alanvideo

The thought of being shunted off to Sunderland has concentrated his mind. Great to see him back.
We are special ,we are Everton.

March 20, 2017, 02:59:49 AM
Reply #4

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
He's still our best centre back, almost by default granted but I would be looking at someone else to play alongside him next season rather than Mori and Williams based on what I have seen from the three.

March 20, 2017, 03:08:59 AM
Reply #5

Ross

He's been the victim of managerial dick swinging that seems in vogue but he's still clearly our best defender.

Hopefully Koemans come to his senses and Jags gets his testimonial year next season.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 20, 2017, 03:12:45 AM
Reply #6

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I'll reserve judgement until he plays in the Derby.

March 20, 2017, 03:13:25 AM
Reply #7

Evertonian in NC

He's still our best centre back, almost by default granted but I would be looking at someone else to play alongside him next season rather than Mori and Williams based on what I have seen from the three.

Someone that rhymes with "Colgate"?? :D
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 20, 2017, 03:14:05 AM
Reply #8

Evertonian in NC

Perhaps he will score a blinder to steal a point again, yes?
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 20, 2017, 03:14:30 AM
Reply #9

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Someone that rhymes with "Colgate"?? :D

Your rhyming is shit, Virgil Van Dijk isn't close to Colgate

March 20, 2017, 03:14:53 AM
Reply #10

Silas

NSNO Subscriber

Hopefully he twats one into the top corner again.

March 20, 2017, 03:47:18 AM
Reply #11

howard1334

He's been the victim of managerial dick swinging that seems in vogue but he's still clearly our best defender.

Hopefully Koemans come to his senses and Jags gets his testimonial year next season.

He was victim of nothing but his own poor play. He was making rash decisions on a regular basis, conceding several penalties and free kicks that lead to goals in the process. Koeman was right to drop him, and it was no coincidence that our defensive record improved after he did so.

With that said, Koeman has also seemingly made the right choice in bringing him back into the fold. He has been solid the last two weeks, and if he can reach the levels that we grew accustom to in year's gone by, there is no one else I would rather see on this team starting at CB.

March 20, 2017, 04:41:20 AM
Reply #12

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
He was victim of nothing but his own poor play. He was making rash decisions on a regular basis, conceding several penalties and free kicks that lead to goals in the process. Koeman was right to drop him, and it was no coincidence that our defensive record improved after he did so.

With that said, Koeman has also seemingly made the right choice in bringing him back into the fold. He has been solid the last two weeks, and if he can reach the levels that we grew accustom to in year's gone by, there is no one else I would rather see on this team starting at CB.

Yeah let's not pretend he didn't have a few howlers but I think people were quick to write him off. We tend to do it with every player over 30. Barry is shite again after being one of  our better performers last week. If you aren't 21 then you aren't any good for a lot of people

March 20, 2017, 04:52:14 AM
Reply #13

Jamokachi

I think the central defensive partnership is decided upon based our opponents. Mori struggles, it's fair to say against the more physical sides, hence why he was dropped for the last two games. Whereas Jag's legs have pretty much gone, so he hasn't been playing against the more dynamic, pressing, quicker teams.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us go back to a Williams / Mori partnership in the derby, or indeed a back three.

Oh and @Ross it's blatantly not "Managerial dick swinging", it was plainly obvious to anyone and everyone that Jags was woefully out of form earlier this season.

I'm glad he's done well in the last two games, but I won't let sentiment cloud my judgement... he shouldn't be a starting option for us next season.