December 18, 2017, 03:12:13 PM

Author Topic: Liverpool v Everton  (Read 64466 times)

January 10, 2011, 12:59:50 AM
Reply #30

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Best chance we've had in years to beat them at Anfield I would think.

This, although last season was also a great chance, especially when they went down to 10 men and we bottled it, just hope we keep our nerve and show just how good this team can be.

January 10, 2011, 01:54:11 AM
Reply #31

Rick@OZ

They will be difficult to beat with daglish in charge, their emotions will be running high and he will have them fully charged. I fancy that we can beat them if our strikers keep finishing the way they have been in our last two outings.

Liverpool 1 2 Everton
Torres          Beckford
                   Arteta
EVERTON THE PEOPLES CLUB

January 10, 2011, 02:27:32 AM
Reply #32

Bluenose 91

Just got that same old feeling that we will massively bottle it and lose.

January 10, 2011, 02:32:30 AM
Reply #33

irishtoffee

Howard

Neville     Heitinga        Distin        Neville

Fellaini

Coleman           Arteta                  Pienaar

Saha          Beckford

i'd also take this team even if jags is fit i think he should be left on the bench. after getting the score correct and 2out of 3 scorers right in the spurs game i think i'll go for 2-1 again. kuyt for them distin and saha for us

January 10, 2011, 03:08:41 AM
Reply #34

Thom

Administrator
Off subject:

I'd love to experience her original family name with your sig, Olivia  :)

Tell me about it, man. First got into her watching House, and her fitness level increased ten fold when I saw Tron: legacy the other night. :love:

January 10, 2011, 05:39:40 AM
Reply #35

Sprooly

first 10-15 minutes will be so important liverpool will come out all guns blazing and if we can not let one in that period of time we will be able to come back into the match

come on everton

January 10, 2011, 06:29:30 AM
Reply #36

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
In keeping with the NSNO curse im going for a 4-1 Liverpool win.

Cant fcking wait for this game.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

January 10, 2011, 07:19:34 AM
Reply #37

cantoffee

Im fairly certain it'll be a draw. Hard fought match but ultimately lacking quality.

1-1

Kuyt for them. Pienaar for us.

January 10, 2011, 07:23:29 AM
Reply #38

Derek

Desperately wanna beat these. kenny or no Kenny, they're crap.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

January 10, 2011, 05:48:01 PM
Reply #39

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
blueroom saying felli is injured for this one, anyone heard anything?? gutted if he is out  :'(
I have to return some videotapes.

January 10, 2011, 10:57:55 PM
Reply #40

Scholar

For this game, without Gerrard, it has to be 4-4-2. I think this will give Arteta greater influence as he will have Saha and Beckford to aim at and run onto. They have a dodgy back four and we need to get at them.
Playing 4-4-2 has given Saha the space to shoot from distance as Beckford takes defenders away, it also prevents the opposition defenders from pushing up the pitch as Beckfordís pace from a Saha flick on becomes a worry. Liverpool will try to get Johnson going forward on the flank, to target Neville and Heitinga at the back post with crosses aimed at Kuyt and Torres but we can counter that by asking Saha to move into the space Johnson vacates and look for quick ball on the counter.
We have 4 hard working, all round players in the midfield in Coleman, Arteta, Fellaini and Peanaar. The RS will be dangerous from set pieces and crosses but through the middle they donít pose much threat. I think we can win the battle on the flanks and get some crosses in ourselves, the key for us is to isolate their defenders and have a go at them. If Coleman, Saha, Baines and Pienaar can do this, I think we can drag their defenders away from Beckford.
It is key for Saha to get a shot away early and Coleman/ Baines to have a run at them early too, this will disturb their defense, make them move out of position.
For once, it is they who need the set pieces, outside of this, the Ref of course is a worry given the Kenny factor, we have a few candidates for red cards. We have to stay on our feet. However, I can see their lot getting a bit excited early doors, leaving too much space behind them and I think we can get an early lead, go on from there and win comfortably.

January 11, 2011, 01:20:45 AM
Reply #41

Dr. Sponge

I think we'll edge it, and their first excuse will be Gerrard. But we're missing Cahill, who has undoubtedly been more important to us this season than Gerrard has to them.

I think Moyes will naturally be thinking 5-man midfield, which is a sensible option. But I don't think he'll change a clear proven winning formulae. 4-4-2... Toffees 3-1, why not?

January 11, 2011, 07:58:55 PM
Reply #42

arteta4spain

Id stick with the exact same side as the scunthorpe tie. they seemed to play well and if it aint broke....

January 12, 2011, 05:54:31 AM
Reply #43

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Content removed by moderator
[/quote]

No need.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 04:40:37 PM by Bally »
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

January 12, 2011, 06:01:43 PM
Reply #44

DJ1994

i would love to see fellaini teach gerrard a lesson in dominatinga midfield
Class of Merseyside