December 12, 2017, 04:54:11 AM

Author Topic: Everton v West Ham  (Read 29672 times)

January 19, 2011, 03:18:13 PM
Reply #30

cad

Another top post, GL.

Yeah, GL talks a lot of sense.

As it's W Ham I'd be inclined to start with the same set up, 4-4-2.

They're not (or haven't been) a side that employs a strong defensive set-up, so we should be looking to take it to them...particularly if Ossie and Mikel are on song.

Always the option to bolster the midfield if Parker & co are showing any sort of form.

Looking forward to this one, and hoping to give them a thumping.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 03:19:50 PM by cad »
veni veni veni

Don't worry yourself into an early grave...it will happen soon enough.

January 19, 2011, 07:30:05 PM
Reply #31

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
4-1 win

We need to comfortably beat someone in the league.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

January 19, 2011, 07:58:34 PM
Reply #32

steve81

sort of match i expect us to win comfortably, then again i thought that about wolves, newcastle and west brom to

January 20, 2011, 12:57:26 PM
Reply #33

montanatoffeefan

And about West Ham last month.
Everton forever.

January 20, 2011, 05:03:58 PM
Reply #34

Thom

Administrator
I never thought I'd say this, but if Saha is fit again then we have to start him. Drop one of Osman and Anichebe for him and stick whoever stays in on the left wing.

Hopefully the last three results have given the lads a real boost, which we lead to a win for us. We won't smash them as we hardly ever seem to do so to any team, but a win is a win and we need to start putting three points on the board to start climbing the table.

January 21, 2011, 01:01:07 AM
Reply #35

marky v

After Anichebe signed his contract he'll be desperate for a goal at home and after his second half display he should start upfront with Beckford,

Billy or Osman on left should be the only decision to make

January 21, 2011, 05:16:51 AM
Reply #36

Chris

Administrator
4-0

Saha 2, Beckford and Coleman

January 21, 2011, 05:58:34 AM
Reply #37

Tellittoyourking

After Anichebe signed his contract he'll be desperate for a goal at home and after his second half display he should start upfront with Beckford,

Billy or Osman on left should be the only decision to make

Bily has my vote. Got to give the lad a chance. A run of five or six games, see what he can do.

January 21, 2011, 05:38:50 PM
Reply #38

Dean0

with upson and tomkins being slow as fuck, id imagine beckford and saha to play upfront.. play the ball behind the 2 center backs and we'll shred them too pieces.

January 21, 2011, 06:31:37 PM
Reply #39

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
My only fear is Parker who pretty much ran the show last time.  He needs man marking.

January 21, 2011, 07:37:18 PM
Reply #40

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
My only fear is Parker who pretty much ran the show last time.  He needs man marking.

I'm not normally one for not bothering about the opposition.

But in this case we're at home against generally poor opposition. We should be concentrating on ensuring we have a good tempo to our own play.

If that's the case Parker should have too much on his hands stopping our players.

January 21, 2011, 08:25:04 PM
Reply #41

dazzlar

ide personally go with

Howard

Baines
Dustbin
Tinga
Neville

Fellaini
Arteta
Coleman
Billy

Osman

Saha

controlling Parker will be the key and i think we looked alot better against the shite when we reverted to 4.4.1.1

January 21, 2011, 08:33:36 PM
Reply #42

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber

Scott Parker seems to have a stormer every time we play against him. I know he's been injured recently and Noble was taken off against Arsenal with an injury.would rather play against them without these two as they are the heartbeat of their side. Should beat them but that counts for nothing this season! Still i'l go for a 2-0 win with both of our strikers, Anichebe and Beckford netting one each
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 21, 2011, 10:24:22 PM
Reply #43

Ong-Timus Prime

Players on new contracts generally stink the place out! (Saha, Arteta)
if you know yer history...

January 21, 2011, 10:31:29 PM
Reply #44

evertonjoe

Players on new contracts generally stink the place out! (Saha, Arteta)

Baines signed a new contract in the summer, as did Cahill.

R.A.P Music