December 15, 2017, 10:12:11 PM

Author Topic: FA Cup: Everton v Chelsea.  (Read 31854 times)

January 29, 2011, 09:05:10 PM
Reply #240

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
The commentator on my stream said it might have to be 5th round weekend due to Champions League and internationals.

Wouldn't mind that either to be honest rather than travelling to London on a tuesday/wednesday night.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

January 29, 2011, 09:17:17 PM
Reply #241

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Noticed there was no protest.

What a spineless bunch us Evertonians are..
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

January 29, 2011, 09:18:16 PM
Reply #242

evertonjoe

To be fair it was very impromptu and only mentioned on a couple of forums the day before, never actually likely to come to fruition.

R.A.P Music

January 29, 2011, 09:18:18 PM
Reply #243

Mayor Farnum

Either that or people are beginning to vote with their feet?  If you've got a season ticket, you've already paid for your ticket for a league game.  Cup game being an extra £35 or so, I would think 5,000 or so have just said bollocks to it.

Cup games have always been extra. The cup final was extra two years ago but still had plent of people whinging about not being able to purchase a ticket.
Today's attendance was pitifull when you consider the boost a win would have given to our season. You never know, a full, rocking Goodison might just have made the difference today.

January 29, 2011, 09:19:53 PM
Reply #244

Silas

NSNO Subscriber

A lot of it is a lack of organisation.  A protest should take weeks of proper organisation at a minimum, not a few quick posts on a few forums with a time and location.  It was always going to be a struggle for such a protest to succeed or even happen. 

January 29, 2011, 09:37:48 PM
Reply #245

Evertonexile

To be honest, I'm a little bit depressed. Coleman was close, but got unlucky. We could've won. But oh well. Let's beat them at home, no questions asked.

In other news, my intense hate for Drogba has increased to a new level. Diving bastard. I have a few friends from the Ivory Coast, and all of them are incredibly kindhearted, thankful, rugged, and tough honest people who hold their morals high.

Drogba is from the bad side of the country, I guess?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 11:15:01 PM by Evertonexile »
Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

January 29, 2011, 11:22:04 PM
Reply #246

charlatan

Cup games have always been extra. The cup final was extra two years ago but still had plent of people whinging about not being able to purchase a ticket.
Today's attendance was pitifull when you consider the boost a win would have given to our season. You never know, a full, rocking Goodison might just have made the difference today.

Yes I know they have, that was my point.

The attendance was pitiful, but so has our transfer policy the last 3 windows or so.  That would have had a lot to do with it I would feel, obviously as well as the current financial climate, early ko, match on telly etc...

Thought it was optimistic when all the pundits on the radio this morning were going on about it being a full house to be honest.

January 29, 2011, 11:23:31 PM
Reply #247

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Yes I know they have, that was my point.

The attendance was pitiful, but so has our transfer policy the last 3 windows or so.  That would have had a lot to do with it I would feel, obviously as well as the current financial climate, early ko, match on telly etc...

Thought it was optimistic when all the pundits on the radio this morning were going on about it being a full house to be honest.

I don't think many of them have a clue about fan feeling right now tbh.

January 29, 2011, 11:39:29 PM
Reply #248

Gash

Global Moderator
I don't think many of them have a clue about fan feeling right now tbh.

They had a decent chat on Soccer Saturday about us. Mentioned that the fans were getting restless, Stelling even made reference to articles in the Echo this week.

The media is definately becoming aware of the unrest and that Bill maybe isn't quite doing the great job they thought he was.

January 30, 2011, 12:09:48 AM
Reply #249

cantoffee

They had a decent chat on Soccer Saturday about us. Mentioned that the fans were getting restless, Stelling even made reference to articles in the Echo this week.

The media is definately becoming aware of the unrest and that Bill maybe isn't quite doing the great job they thought he was.

I expect the club are well aware of it as well then. Which can only be a good thing, hopefully something positive comes from all of this, whatever the outcome, Bill or no Bill I just hope we improve in some way (on and off the pitch).

January 30, 2011, 12:38:06 AM
Reply #250

Derek

I think it's safe to say no Bill is the only way that's going to happen.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

January 30, 2011, 05:57:18 AM
Reply #251

bluestevie

very good performance today, better than my last visit to goodison (the 0-0 v wigan), great header from louis and coleman very unlucky not to get a second which might well have killed the tie. the equiliser was just typical chelsea counter attacking. gonna be unusual having a saturday afternoon replay and i would imagine that they will not have a that strong a team out considering they have the derby with fulham on the monday before then copenhagen in the champions league 3 days after the replay
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson