November 15, 2018, 09:47:42 AM

Author Topic: Bournemouth v Everton  (Read 21727 times)

December 28, 2017, 05:54:58 PM
Reply #75

KoemansNumberTens

In the spirit of the season, Oh Yes They Do!

Thereís excuses being made about our attack for some reason, ignoring the fact weíre the 8th highest scorers in the league and Bournemouth have only won 2 of their 10 home games all season.

Weíre supposed to be one of the form teams in the league, unbeaten since Allardyce came in 6 games ago, if we or the players canít feel confident right now about an away game to Bournemouth who are 18th in the league without a win in 8 games when can we?

We only scored goals when they were raining in at the other end. Maybe we just haven't got enough in the squad to do both

December 28, 2017, 06:00:56 PM
Reply #76

Ross

We only scored goals when they were raining in at the other end. Maybe we just haven't got enough in the squad to do both

They donít even average a goal a game.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

December 28, 2017, 06:10:20 PM
Reply #77

mikey_blue

Will Rooney be back for this?

December 28, 2017, 06:12:04 PM
Reply #78

gizzblue

We've got to go and attack these ....they will roll over if we do ....if we go and sit back like we have been doing ,I forsee a pantsing for Sam and his negative tactics.
Born not made a blue .

December 28, 2017, 06:14:21 PM
Reply #79

Macca77

Will Rooney be back for this?

If he's sobered up then yes

December 28, 2017, 06:36:21 PM
Reply #80

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Bit sick of it all tbh, feel bad saying it but weíve been so boring to watch for like 18 months + and terrible for a combined 2 years. Turning me off footy.

Donít particularly rate the squad, donít think there are any champions league quality players, and I donít particularly rate our manager or back room team.

Think weíve missed the boat once again, and although we were clutching to the top 6 with our fingernails itís never been clearer the vast difference between us and the big clubs and I donít see us making that ground up ever.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 28, 2017, 06:39:43 PM
Reply #81

Lxxx

Bit sick of it all tbh, feel bad saying it but we’ve been so boring to watch for like 18 months + and terrible for a combined 2 years. Turning me off footy.

Don’t particularly rate the squad, don’t think there are any champions league quality players, and I don’t particularly rate our manager or back room team.

Think we’ve missed the boat once again, and although we were clutching to the top 6 with our fingernails it’s never been clearer the vast difference between us and the big clubs and I don’t see us making that ground up ever.

The way we approach games against the top 6 tells us how far away from them we are. We don't even attempt to have a shot on the opposition goal, which for a team generally recognised as the 7th best team in the country is a pretty sad indictment of the quality of our league.

December 28, 2017, 06:48:23 PM
Reply #82

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
The way we approach games against the top 6 tells us how far away from them we are. We don't even attempt to have a shot on the opposition goal, which for a team generally recognised as the 7th best team in the country is a pretty sad indictment of the quality of our league.

Unfortunately so. I know people moan about the Ďyou shouldnít be defending at homeí thing but itís a natural reaction to the way the leagues gone.

The big boys have teams, squads, managers and resources magnitudes above what anyone else has, so what the bloody hell can we do about it? Whatís the point? People will just stop going the match I think, having to watch shite like city v Newcastle, or us vs Chelsea the other night.

Not pleased about it but it does look like the league is going to eat itself.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 28, 2017, 06:49:31 PM
Reply #83

hill135

I had no strong feelings on the Allardyce appointment but one thing I was worried about was that it would be divisive. It's proven to be the case with people at each other's throats while we're on a good run of form. Dread what it will be like when we start losing games.

December 28, 2017, 06:58:29 PM
Reply #84

AllyBlue14

There seems to be a kind of arrogance that we should be turning over teams like Bournemouth. Well, yes we should, but that discounts everything that has gone before this season.

I think we can all agree that the WBA game was awful and we certainly have to offer more going forward. It all depends on circumstances, of course, but an away draw isn't a terrible result. It's not particularly inspiring and hopefully in future we'll be better placed to dominate, but we have been truly awful this season so it's ridiculous to start saying anything other than 3 points is poor (especially away from home).

December 28, 2017, 07:35:00 PM
Reply #85

everton1952

Agree that the PL standard below the top 6 is poor. Disagree that this has put off the fans who in most cases turn up in good numbers. We get 39000 every home game. The three coming up from the Championship will bring more full houses. I agree with Allardyce who said there is little point in building a new ground unless we are challenging for the top places.  How far are we from that? Probably some distance, yet people are calling for his head already after only a few weeks. Rome wasn't built in a day. Can Allardyce build a team to seriously challenge the top 6? I don't know, but he certainly cannot do it in less than 2 seasons. We shall see. Those who don't want to  spend their money watching this present Everton can make their choice and stay away. Plenty will take their places.

December 28, 2017, 07:46:08 PM
Reply #86

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Agree that the PL standard below the top 6 is poor. Disagree that this has put off the fans who in most cases turn up in good numbers. We get 39000 every home game. The three coming up from the Championship will bring more full houses. I agree with Allardyce who said there is little point in building a new ground unless we are challenging for the top places.  How far are we from that? Probably some distance, yet people are calling for his head already after only a few weeks. Rome wasn't built in a day. Can Allardyce build a team to seriously challenge the top 6? I don't know, but he certainly cannot do it in less than 2 seasons. We shall see. Those who don't want to  spend their money watching this present Everton can make their choice and stay away. Plenty will take their places.

Iím not saying the fans have turned their back, iím saying they eventually will if this disparity continues/gets greater which it will.

Nobody is calling for his head, but the slightly grim reality of hoofball under sam is becoming clear. To be absolutely fair, he needs time to bring in some players as I say, I donít rate our team or squad, we look so fucking mid table itís not even funny.

December 28, 2017, 07:50:17 PM
Reply #87

Lxxx

I had no strong feelings on the Allardyce appointment but one thing I was worried about was that it would be divisive. It's proven to be the case with people at each other's throats while we're on a good run of form. Dread what it will be like when we start losing games.

Good point. Until we get a better standard of player itís unreasonable to expect much different.
Allardyce screams from the touchline every game to pass the ball but we donít do it. If the players we have arenít capable of it then we need to get in ones who are, which will take time.

December 28, 2017, 07:56:11 PM
Reply #88

everton1952

That is right. The Shite spent twice what van Dick is worth and we will be asked to fork out far more than we would like for a striker in this January window. Even if Sam gets in two players he thinks he needs, it will still take time to turn this around. He has inherited, at least in top 6 terms, a lousy squad. Maybe  someone else will have to carry it on after his contract has expired at the end of 18/19.

December 28, 2017, 07:56:33 PM
Reply #89

D15TIN

Some weird comments on this, really negative - the teams had a bad spell now were re building and improving defensively, could still be playing in Europe again next season which was the target anyway.