November 19, 2018, 06:08:24 PM

Author Topic: Kieran Dowell  (Read 1755 times)

June 10, 2018, 02:25:03 PM
Read 1755 times

Morta75

I think this kid should get a chance in the first team this season. I really liked what I saw in pre-season last year from him. I also think he has grown after the Nottingham Forest stay, where he did very well in my opinion.
Any thoughts on him and the coming season fellow Evertonians?

June 10, 2018, 02:31:26 PM
Reply #1

Thornton_19

I just dont see where he plays for us. He wont get enough games. Feel another loan possibky on the cards.

June 10, 2018, 02:33:44 PM
Reply #2

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I've got a feeling he will sign for a Championship team. There's shades of the David Nugents about him although I may be way off.

June 10, 2018, 03:42:34 PM
Reply #3

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I think Silva will really like a player like dowell and he could well breakthrough next season.

June 10, 2018, 04:03:10 PM
Reply #4

Mac934

I watched the game last night. He took his goal well, but other than than didn't stand out much. Mind you no one particularly shone that bright over the whole game. Shocking miss by Abraham too.
Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one!

June 10, 2018, 04:05:46 PM
Reply #5

Waltzer

Wasnt he getting slaughtered at Forest towards the end as his early season form plummeted, from what I was reading he was lucky to be in their team at times?

June 10, 2018, 04:17:34 PM
Reply #6

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Wasnt he getting slaughtered at Forest towards the end as his early season form plummeted, from what I was reading he was lucky to be in their team at times?

Wasn't that due to the new manager's defensive tactics and playing him out of position?
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

June 10, 2018, 04:23:29 PM
Reply #7

Mayor Farnum

I would imagine that when a Premier League player turns up on loan to a Championship club the fans of the Championship club will have unrealistic expectations of the player. Dowell probably got an unfair portion of the blame for Forest's poor season.

June 10, 2018, 04:58:02 PM
Reply #8

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Fan opinion, not surprisingly, seemed to sway from being too good for them, to getting quite a bit of stick.

@Jimmywhack makes the point quite a few times that his style of player (laconic etc) doesnít go down well with our crowd when itís not going well either personally or for the team.

Being moved out of position isnít great but it shouldnít mean he ended up being useless or dropped.

Slow players need to learn how to get round their lack of speed; donít see a need to rush this with him.

If he can get another yearís errors out the way then thatís fine.

June 10, 2018, 05:18:51 PM
Reply #9

MmmblueBernard

Not dynamic enough for a Silva bullet up top.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

June 10, 2018, 05:28:09 PM
Reply #10

Shogun

Administrator
Sure he'll get his chance pre-season.

Not sure there's an obvious role for him in a Silva side but I'm sure there'll be one found if he's good enough.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 08:04:53 PM by Shogun »
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

June 10, 2018, 07:07:38 PM
Reply #11

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Is he really that slow? People going on like heís as slow as Harry Kane here.

June 10, 2018, 07:13:26 PM
Reply #12

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Wasn't that due to the new manager's defensive tactics and playing him out of position?

Even the manager admitted he played him out of position in the second half of the season which contributed to his loss of form.

Not really seen much of him, but would be nice if he could save us a few quid by being able to step up for us.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

June 10, 2018, 07:18:54 PM
Reply #13

KoemansNumberTens

Anyone got a video of his goal?

June 10, 2018, 07:43:24 PM
Reply #14

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.