November 25, 2017, 04:35:25 AM

Author Topic: [News]Watford deny Everton a Silva lining  (Read 11886 times)

November 14, 2017, 04:46:06 PM
Reply #45

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Pretty good tactical analysis on Silva here:

https://www.unibet.co.uk/blog/football/premier-league/marco-silva-is-the-tactical-mind-that-everton-needs-right-now-and-their-supporter-should-be-very-excited-1.967486?sref=afid&afid=125272.76202X1528716X539541485e739300f99f1a4539b95048.21798

Sold - but then I'm easily swayed
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

deCoubertin

November 14, 2017, 04:46:14 PM
Reply #46

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
It has been said often enough that only fans are loyal; most players and managers are not. But if this fella bombs out of Watford after 11 games, what does that say about him?  Imagine what would have been said on here if Koeman had left after 11 games?   I really hope he does not come for that reason apart from all what has been already said. Of course if we are landed with him, and results show little improvement then we will probably see him gone by next May. On the other hand he might be better than we think and might jack us up the table. Given a choice between the two, it is Dyche for me.  Niasse will be pleased though. Which Watford players do you fancy? Cleverly?

You can't blame him for not wanting to go down with Hull, he was brought in too late and the damage was already done but he did a decent turnaround, just wasn't enough. So he went to Watford who only ever give 12 month contracts, if a bigger Prem club offers him three years then he should grab it. I think it would be a good move, we are in no position to chase the Ancellotand Tuchels of this world.

November 14, 2017, 04:53:10 PM
Reply #47

Sixx1402

Sold - but then I'm easily swayed

Me too but I guess some of my Hull City supporting friends from back home who thought he was top class may also have something to do with it
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

November 14, 2017, 05:08:16 PM
Reply #48

Macca77

I'm putting my ITK hat on, Silva will be our new manager by the end of next week.

November 14, 2017, 05:41:01 PM
Reply #49

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
If it happens, he has his work cut out and a hell of a lot to prove. I'll get behind him as any manager at first, but this really has the feel of another Martinez.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

November 14, 2017, 05:45:25 PM
Reply #50

Bluedylan

Martinez comparisons are incredibly lazy.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 14, 2017, 06:14:45 PM
Reply #51

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Sorry, some of us don't have as much time to go into it as deeply as you.

On the surface, it appears to be a similar appointment to that of the standard of Martinez.

Perhaps that's the standard we're truly at I guess.

November 14, 2017, 06:50:28 PM
Reply #52

MmmBlueRamirez

#MEGA hat?

In blue......obviously....
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

November 14, 2017, 06:51:46 PM
Reply #53

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber

November 14, 2017, 06:52:10 PM
Reply #54

Bluenose 91

Been guilty of this myself tbh but I'm coming round to the idea of getting him in now.

November 14, 2017, 06:54:05 PM
Reply #55

BlueMaquis

Spanish/Portuguese. Close enough.

November 14, 2017, 06:56:01 PM
Reply #56

Macca77

Exactly, Marco wouldn't be seen dead in brown shoes

November 14, 2017, 06:57:22 PM
Reply #57

Bluedylan

On the surface, it appears to be a similar appointment to that of the standard of Martinez.

Not gone into it deeply. You're forever posting on here, so I'm sure you could spare 5 minutes on Wikipedia me old mucker. Seems like the least people can do if they're giving opinions against the man, with such certainty.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 14, 2017, 06:59:16 PM
Reply #58

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber

I would agree, but only in that he's an unknown at our level and resources. Martinez was a gamble, which we lost. While there is a risk of that being the case for Silva, it's also possible it could go the other way.

Unfortunately, without the clout to pick and choose from the world's proven best, the only way we can hope to get a top manager is by taking a punt. In that respect, Silva seems as good a bet as most.

Plus I've never heard him say phenomenal.

November 14, 2017, 07:06:16 PM
Reply #59

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Not gone into it deeply. You're forever posting on here, so I'm sure you could spare 5 minutes on Wikipedia me old mucker. Seems like the least people can do if they're giving opinions against the man, with such certainty.

Funny, I did look on Wiki. Nothing exciting to see there at all. Just didn't go beyond that.

And yes, I'm on here a lot, but my job is 100% internet based.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 07:14:03 PM by blargins »