December 12, 2017, 08:48:38 AM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce open to Everton talks  (Read 14416 times)

October 31, 2017, 04:53:41 PM
Reply #60

therealdunc

The 2 years big Sam ever had resources where his final 2 years at Bolton and they where a good team who played good football.

No issue with big Sam becoming manager, I reckon he knows it will be his last job and will give everything to try and win something for us.

A better option than Sean Dyche or Phil Neville .

Blue

deCoubertin

October 31, 2017, 04:54:29 PM
Reply #61

Ross

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 31, 2017, 04:55:05 PM
Reply #62

Bluedylan

Did a decent job at Bolton, 112 years ago. Fuck him though, I'd also genuinely knock it on the head. No way Moshiri's appointing Allardyce though, so I'm not worried.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 31, 2017, 05:28:56 PM
Reply #63

Macca77

Did a decent job at Bolton, 112 years ago. Fuck him though, I'd also genuinely knock it on the head. No way Moshiri's appointing Allardyce though, so I'm not worried.

Couldn't of said it better myself.

I've said this more than once, I'm truly amazed at why any Everton fan would want him anywhere near our club, he's done fuck all in every job, Sunderland and Palace are his level, he went up a level when he got the Newcastle job (yes I know they've been relegated twice) and fucked that up, he did the same at West Ham, then got his big chance with England and fucked that up as well, the man is an absolute joke.

October 31, 2017, 05:29:35 PM
Reply #64

Lxxx

Would like to think the club is better than going for firefighter.

Remember when Spurs looked like right fodder under Ramos and they brought in Redknapp. Not to firefight but to drive them to top 6 at the very least. Thatís what Iíd like.

Edit: not Redknapp though 🤘

Have to disagree. Redknapp's past record didn't give any indication he would do anything other than steady the ship. Then Gareth Bale came along, he fired up the club in a way Harry Kane is doing now and he rode the crest of that wave with some astute signings.

October 31, 2017, 06:18:07 PM
Reply #65

Macca77

That WRD1878 has just posted this on TEF

Meeting in Canary Wharf today by all accounts. Sam wanting 3 years, the board only willing to give 18 month contract. Allardyce wants to bring 15 members of his team, mainly sports science. The board are very worried about going down at the moment.

October 31, 2017, 06:33:18 PM
Reply #66

velimski

Could we not offer him a contract with a clause stipulating that once he's got us to 40 points, his contract is automatically terminated?

« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 06:34:26 PM by velimski »

October 31, 2017, 06:34:59 PM
Reply #67

Mac934

Sounds like a lot of baggage there!

October 31, 2017, 06:35:06 PM
Reply #68

Bluedylan

Meeting in Canary Wharf today by all accounts. Sam wanting 3 years, the board only willing to give 18 month contract. Allardyce wants to bring 15 members of his team, mainly sports science. The board are very worried about going down at the moment.

Concerning
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 31, 2017, 07:24:58 PM
Reply #69

BlueForYou

18 months is sensible thinking

And that's when Silva's contract expires!

(15 members? Little Sammy? Shakespeare? Nolan?)
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 31, 2017, 07:33:28 PM
Reply #70

Lxxx

How can he have a team, he's unemployed. Are all these lads just sat around waiting to jump on the next Allardyce job or are they otherwise employed waiting to jump ship for another payday.

Tell him he's got Duncan Ferguson, John Ebbrell and Franny Jeffers and that's your lot.

October 31, 2017, 07:36:43 PM
Reply #71

Cereal Killer

How can he have a team, he's unemployed. Are all these lads just sat around waiting to jump on the next Allardyce job or are they otherwise employed waiting to jump ship for another payday.

Yes they'll be sat around living off the little 'side projects' Sam gets them involved with  :whistle:

October 31, 2017, 07:37:17 PM
Reply #72

BlueForYou

Considering, also, that he stated he had retired from club management

Thought he was after the USA job - Uncle Sam, indeed
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 31, 2017, 07:38:11 PM
Reply #73

sam of the south

Tell him he's got Duncan Ferguson, John Ebbrell and Franny Jeffers and that's your lot.

Yeah, like the A-Team.

"No way am I gittin on no plane, Sam!"

"Relax, B.A., this team ain't getting into Europe again for a looong time."
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

October 31, 2017, 07:40:54 PM
Reply #74

Macca77

I wonder if Sammy Lee is still part of his team?