February 19, 2018, 06:15:48 PM

Author Topic: [News]What is Ross Barkley for?  (Read 23955 times)

May 12, 2017, 05:13:19 PM
Reply #525

formerKHL

Interest free. He's not going to wipe it when that would mean giving the other shareholders 40m

Moshiri has been fantastic so far. Progressed the club on and off the field

Exactly.....spot on...

May 12, 2017, 05:25:56 PM
Reply #526

plumber

Exactly.....spot on...

Why are you using so many dots?

May 12, 2017, 05:33:54 PM
Reply #527

Ramjam

WE ARE THE PEOPLE

May 12, 2017, 05:34:28 PM
Reply #528

formerKHL

don't know ....always do.....for some reason....

May 12, 2017, 05:37:11 PM
Reply #529

BlueNoseMike

"AT LEAST 110 mil" ? How do you arrive at that number ? Max you will get for Barkley is 20 mil,
Lukaku maybe 70 mil max.
In a transfer window where michael keane (also with 12 months left on his contract) is being linked with a host of clubs at around 25 mil I think you're well off the mark there tbh. I'd say 30 to 35 mil myself

May 12, 2017, 05:37:41 PM
Reply #530

Lxxx

We've progressed to questioning Moshiri now??

I despair sometimes.

May 12, 2017, 05:40:12 PM
Reply #531

formerKHL

I despair sometimes.

regressed mate...terrible innit...

May 12, 2017, 05:56:49 PM
Reply #532

Waltzer

I despair sometimes.

Does it not warrant it? If you were a player in demand such as Ross or Rom would you really care that in potentially in 3/4/5 years time you might be in a new stadium, or that your new owner has wiped off debt? Or would you be concerned about challenging on the pitch and why after a year of being told we can buy anyone and that there are no limits to our recruitment why this hasnt happened? I think Moshiri is a breath of fresh air and our long term future looks good, however, players are only worried about the here and now and this is where we have undelivered which is probably why players arent committing?

May 12, 2017, 06:01:53 PM
Reply #533

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Does it not warrant it? If you were a player in demand such as Ross or Rom would you really care that in potentially in 3/4/5 years time you might be in a new stadium, or that your new owner has wiped off debt? Or would you be concerned about challenging on the pitch and why after a year of being told we can buy anyone and that there are no limits to our recruitment why this hasnt happened? I think Moshiri is a breath of fresh air and our long term future looks good, however, players are only worried about the here and now and this is where we have undelivered which is probably why players arent committing?

I dont recall anyone from the club saying we can buy anyone and there are no limits to our recruitment?

May 12, 2017, 06:03:34 PM
Reply #534

Waltzer

I dont recall anyone from the club saying we can buy anyone and there are no limits to our recruitment?

Moshiri stressed the only way the club could compete in the "new Hollywood of football" which is England's north west was to improve commercial income but insisted in the meantime Koeman would get what he wanted to build the squad.

"We have no restrictions to spend," he told talkSPORT.

May 12, 2017, 06:04:54 PM
Reply #535

formerKHL

This... PLUS..... I do remember the club saying it will be a  long term project/plan and the manager saying give me 3 transfer windows to have the team I want

May 12, 2017, 06:05:18 PM
Reply #536

Lxxx

The worrying thing is you probably do genuinely believe what you have just written.

May 12, 2017, 06:07:38 PM
Reply #537

Waltzer

The worrying thing is you probably do genuinely believe what you have just written.

Which bits are inaccurate, thinking at what i wrote from a players perspective and not a fan?

May 12, 2017, 06:14:57 PM
Reply #538

Lxxx

Which bits are inaccurate, thinking at what i wrote from a players perspective and not a fan?

We haven't really under-delivered at all. We've been building gradually. We've had 1 and a half transfer windows to restructure the whole squad, in which time we've shipped out or are in the process of shipping out all the dead wood and replacing it with players who will progress us immediately.

This isn't some reality game of Football Manager. Rom's issues with us are mostly down to timing in his career, Ross's issues may be similar as well as a bit of insecurity.
To suggest they're thinking about moving on because they are unhappy with undelivered promises is inaccurate, in my opinion.

May 12, 2017, 06:16:46 PM
Reply #539

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber

From the players point of view we have just signed exactly who we wanted to sign in January.
Fair to say that the summer was a bit poor. But an entire new recruitment team always had the chance of running into teething problems.

Not one solitary thing has happened to suggest we do not have the financial might to buy whoever we want.
But you have to realise that Koeman wont want Neymar. Not because he doesn't rate him, but because there is no point wanting him because he wouldnt come.

External players not wanting to come is mutually exclusive to our board not financially backing the manager