November 21, 2018, 12:05:45 PM

Author Topic: [News]Keane linked with move away  (Read 3122 times)

February 13, 2018, 03:40:07 PM
Reply #30

BlueForYou

There is something very poisonous surrounding our club and it strikes with venom

Don't know where it lies or who the culprits are

Everton? Evertoxic, more like
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

February 13, 2018, 03:54:58 PM
Reply #31

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Completely agree.

In the last 10 years how many players have "failed to settle"

I've never seen anything like what's going on now, I can only assume there is no team spirit at all when the likes of Klaassen, Sandro and Keane are all being rumoured to not like it here.

It really seems from the outside looking in that we have 11 players not a team on the pitch at any one time.

It's a really good point that.
OK, you've had your Van der Meydes & Drenthes that settled a little bit too well into the local culture.
And your Kroldrups that were poor scouting.

But from the moment a player had to sing infront of the rest of the squad, they settled and were part of the team.
The year we finished 4th we brought in quite a large number of players (relative to the seasons either side) and managed to settle them in.

The answer can only really be due to the lack of stability in the club

February 13, 2018, 04:20:23 PM
Reply #32

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Piece on the site & Echo:

Michael Keane wants to piece together a consistent run of form following his towering display at the heart of Everton’s defence in Saturday’s 3-1 victory over Crystal Palace.

Centre-back Keane relished his physical duel with muscular Palace striker Christian Benteke, as the Toffees saw off Roy Hodgson’s team amid a blitz of second-half goals at Goodison Park.

The 25-year-old confessed his side were determined to atone for the previous week’s defeat at Arsenal – and acknowledged that Gylfi Sigurdsson’s strike immediately after half-time enabled Everton to “relax and kick-on” against the Eagles.

Keane has steadily established himself in the middle of the Blues’ back four – starting seven of the past nine games and missing out against Tottenham Hotspur and West Bromwich Albion last month only because of injury.

And former Manchester United man Keane insists Everton must use their stellar form on home turf – since Sam Allardyce watched the Toffees thump West Ham United 4-0 in late November they have hoovered up 17 points from eight matches on their own patch – as the catalyst for a blistering finish to the campaign.

“My confidence is always growing,” Keane told evertontv. “It took a dent last week [following the Arsenal match]. I think that happened to the whole team. I need to find more consistency and play like that week in, week out.

“I know that and will be doing everything I can to achieve that. I was happy with how it went against Palace. I thought we were really solid as a team, there was a lot of communication [across the pitch], and I was really pleased.

“I thought I did well. I enjoy the battles. I knew there would be a lot of aerial balls against Benteke and the new guy [6ft 4in Palace debutant forward Alexander Sorloth] and I worked on that in training.

"I enjoy games like that, they suit me and I felt I played well."

Everton peppered the Palace goal from distance during the opening 45 minutes but were unable to breach a rearguard that has tightened up immeasurably following former England boss Hodgson's appointment as manager last September.

Sigurdsson’s 25-yard blast 60 seconds after the restart served to open the floodgates, however, with Oumar Niasse pouncing to extend the Blues’ advantage six minutes later.

Tom Davies’ 75th-minute goal ensured Palace midfielder Luka Milivojevic’s late penalty acted as nothing more than a consolation for the visitors – albeit Keane was frustrated to miss out on a third clean sheet in his past seven outings.

He was nevertheless relieved to avoid a nerve-jangling ending similar to the one against Leicester City 10 days earlier, when Everton dominated huge chunks of the match but were left clinging on for a 2-1 win after England striker Jamie Vardy’s second-half penalty.

Moreover, Keane is pleased Everton have moved within two points of former club Burnley in seventh – with a visit to Turf Moor inked into the calendar early next month – after finding themselves perched precariously, two points above the drop zone, prior to that meeting with West Ham two-and-a-half months ago.

“It was important we bounced back after last weekend’s result," said Keane. "We were disappointed for everyone who travelled down and all the fans in general. We were not good enough. We wanted to put that right and we did that, especially in the second half. We came out of the blocks well and got ourselves 3-0 up.

“We wanted to make it easier for ourselves than we did against Leicester. We were disappointed to concede the goal, because we wanted a clean sheet. But it was a good win in the end.

“We felt comfortable in the first half without creating too much. But when you get the first goal it always lifts the pressure a bit. That helped the lads relax and we kicked on from there.”

February 13, 2018, 05:48:20 PM
Reply #33

bogie

he look very stiff when I see him play is this the way he always looked when playing or is it fear if its fear that will go in time

February 14, 2018, 06:31:26 AM
Reply #34

Danny

he look very stiff when I see him play is this the way he always looked when playing or is it fear if its fear that will go in time

He's certainly not confident with the ball at his feet, there was a few times in the Palace game he was throwing his hands up asking for someone to come and get the ball off him when there was a huge amount of space for him to move into.

In his defence it could be that Allardyce has told him to do that but he still wasn't confident in bringing it forward when everyone else is ignoring instructions.

February 14, 2018, 06:41:59 AM
Reply #35

bogie

He's certainly not confident with the ball at his feet, there was a few times in the Palace game he was throwing his hands up asking for someone to come and get the ball off him when there was a huge amount of space for him to move into.

In his defence it could be that Allardyce has told him to do that but he still wasn't confident in bringing it forward when everyone else is ignoring instructions.

that throwing his hands up I hate seeing that in players but he is not the only one out there doing it

February 14, 2018, 06:43:42 AM
Reply #36

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Rumour 1. Big name interested in joining us.
Response. paper talk, rubbish, made up, crap. .........

Rumour 2.
Someone's not happy and wants to leave.
Response. What's the club doing letting him get so unsettled,  what's the manager playing at, we're amateurish ...........

Reporters get paid to write stories that sell papers. Always ask yourself certain questions:
Is it a slow news week?
Are there any actual facts?
How many such rumours have you read and how many actually happen?
Is it a respected reporter or just a no one.

Collectively there will be literally hundreds of such rumours between now and the end of the next window. Every now and then a wild punt will win by the sheer law of averages.

Remember the old hacks trick - ring the club ask if manager is leaving,  answer 'no' headline 'CLUB DENY MANAGER TO LEAVE' result, hundreds of extra copies sold and not an untruthful word written.

The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

February 14, 2018, 06:48:31 AM
Reply #37

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I don’t remember us peppering the Palace goal in the first half.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

February 14, 2018, 07:27:48 PM
Reply #38

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

He's been doing it all season. It's such an annoying trait.

More often than not it results in him aimlessly punting the ball upfield.

I'm slowly beginning to give up on him as there's no sign of improvement coming. I've never seen such a ponderous defender play for us

February 14, 2018, 09:34:03 PM
Reply #39

bacon sarnie

It's a really good point that.
OK, you've had your Van der Meydes & Drenthes that settled a little bit too well into the local culture.
And your Kroldrups that were poor scouting.

But from the moment a player had to sing infront of the rest of the squad, they settled and were part of the team.
The year we finished 4th we brought in quite a large number of players (relative to the seasons either side) and managed to settle them in.

The answer can only really be due to the lack of stability in the club

Dunc must be scaring the shit out of them ala Pistone.