April 25, 2018, 02:04:07 PM

Author Topic: Apart from defeat  (Read 1161 times)

Offline Mick 1995

• NSNO Subscriber
  • Anders Limpar
Re: Apart from defeat
« on: April 16, 2018, 03:48:15 PM »
Not the end result, but the lack of style and entertainment.

Under Koeman and Allardyce it has reminded of Smith’s tactics but with better players and, luckily, in a much poorer league.

I remember centre halfs in midfield and right-backs up front during the Smith days.
Literally a team of defenders.
But ones who could barely defend either.

I have zero problem with defensive football. It's 50% of the game and i hate it that people demand free-flowing football from every team.
As a club we have rarely strayed from the grizzled, determined, tough image. Henry's words recently (although defending his current boss) were right, most players have fucking hated coming to Goodison, not because they were outpassed and made to run around like fools. But because the team and the fans fucking fought like rabid dogs for everything.

And thats what pisses me off about the current regime. I can take giving a team 80% possession. I can deal with having 1 or 2 shots on target if they become the winning goals
I'd take Allardyces Bolton with our current funds to add better players to play the same roles.

But this fucking wettness across the park infuriates me.
But they were that soft under Smith. And they played worse football. And they utilised worse tactics.
But they weren't always worse players (Bilic, Collins, Matterazi, Dacourt, Barmby, Bakayoko were all very good players)

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team