Man of the match

Mirallas
46 (83.6%)
Barkley
1 (1.8%)
No One
8 (14.5%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Author Topic: Liverpool v Everton  (Read 44508 times)

January 21, 2014, 06:50:12 AM
Read 44508 times

Shogun

Administrator

Liverpool FC v Everton FC
Anfield
Tuesday 28th January 20:00
Premier League match 23

Liverpool's last 5 domestic results:

Liverpool 2-0 Hull City (Agger, Suarez)
Liverpool 2-0 Oldham - FA Cup (Aspas, OG)
Stoke 3-5 Liverpool (OG, Suarez x2, Gerrard Pen, Sturridge)
Liverpool 2-2 Aston Villa (Sturridge, Gerrard Pen)
Bournemouth ?-? Liverpool - FA Cup

Everton's last 5 domestic results:

Stoke 1-1 Everton (Baines Pen)
Everton 4-0 QPR - FA Cup (Barkley, Jelavic x2, Coleman)
Everton 2-0 Norwich (Barry, Mirallas)
West Brom 1-1 Everton (Mirallas)
Stevenage ?-? Everton - FA Cup

Liverpool

In terms of league form, Liverpool go into this on a run of 8 home games without defeat following a 2-2 draw at Aston Villa last weekend. Liverpool have only lost 1 home game all season which came against Southampton. Liverpool are yet to face any side within the top 6 at home this season with Everton being the first team to be welcomed to Anfield from that group. However their form against lower league teams in general has been emphatic.

As you can see only Arsenal who are the league leaders have gained the most points from teams within the bottom half of the table. The only matches Liverpool have dropped points in are away to Swansea in a 2-2 draw and a 3-1 defeat to Hull at the KC Stadium. Last weekend's match against Aston Villa was the first time Luis Suarez has failed to score in the league at Anfield.

Possible Line-Ups

Everton

Everton go into this game on the back of a 1-1 draw away to West Bromwich Albion. Everton were 15 minutes away from a win to put them in 4th place but Lugano's equaliser meant Everton were punished for a lacklustre display. That result takes Everton's undefeated away run in the league up to 7 matches, with the last defeat on the road coming to Manchester City over 3 months ago.

Although Everton have some shortcomings when facing lesser opposition, only Manchester City have earned more points per game against top half sides and Chelsea's total can be caught with a win at either Anfield or White Hart Lane in the coming weeks. Romelu Lukaku has now netted just 1 goal in his last 9 league appearances compared with 8 goals in his first 9 appearances.

Stats and Injuries

Liverpool will be without Sebastian Coates who is nursing a long term injury as well as Lucas Leiva who could miss the rest of the season and Daniel Agger isn't set for a return until February. Mamadou Sakho, Jon Flanaghan and Jose Enrique could return to the side in time.

Everton will definitely be without long term injuries Darron Gibson and Arouna Kone whilst Seamus Coleman also looks likely to miss out after picking up a minor hamstring injury against West Brom. Steven Pienaar, Ross Barkley and Gerard Deulofeu could return to the fold.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 06:55:33 AM by Shogun »
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 21, 2014, 12:46:23 PM
Reply #1

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
Great write up as always.

Its SO important we get at least one of those players back. We need much more cuteness in our play than the WBA game if we are to get anything from this one. All three back would be superb, although perhaps not all would start given lack of match fitness.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

January 21, 2014, 03:50:37 PM
Reply #2

The Good Citizen

So if there's any truth in the rumours, if it were up to you, would you give Ross an injection to get him on the pitch for the derby?

For me it's an emphatic no and I hope the club doesn't consider it.
I cast a shorter shadow with every passing day

January 21, 2014, 04:00:19 PM
Reply #3

Lincs Toffee

No chance, if there is a weakness/injury there all the injection is doing is blocking the pain, the damage to the injury will be compounded tenfold and he could then be out for months rather than weeks!

Rather risk losing to the shite than risking Ross for the rest of the season.
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

January 21, 2014, 04:01:34 PM
Reply #4

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Biggest derby in years this, just wish we didn't have so many injury worries as if we were entering this full strength I'd proper fancy our chances.

We have to turn up for this, sick of just handing them the 3 points like we did more than enough under our last manager.  At least Roberto has won at Anfield so hopefully he knows what is needed.  Need to have our scoring boots on because they will definitely score at least 1.  Fancy Deulofeu to tear them apart should he be fit enough
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 21, 2014, 04:01:53 PM
Reply #5

Bally

Administrator
wow at Suarez's goal tally just fucking wow, we need to keep him and sturriddge very quiet, can see them scoring, but distin and Jags have dealt with them before, hoping Coleman is back for this and the withdrawal last night was precautionary, we  will see hibbo back for the stevenage game, if we play any thing like the WBA game we will get demolished, they are bang on form at the minute and the best we can hope for is a score draw. hope for a win and pray for a demolition .
It's the roll I way

January 21, 2014, 04:05:58 PM
Reply #6

Fellainis Hairdresser

big, big blow if coleman is out.

never fancy us here and still don't 2-1 defeat I'm afraid.
We're Forever Evertonnnnn!!

January 21, 2014, 04:32:38 PM
Reply #7

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
So if there's any truth in the rumours, if it were up to you, would you give Ross an injection to get him on the pitch for the derby?

For me it's an emphatic no and I hope the club doesn't consider it.

Ive never been a big fan of playing players prematurely, although from what I understand players playing games with injections is a pretty common occurrence, or at least used to be.

I don't know what these rumours are, but I hope we can get some football from one or even two of the lads at some point in the game. If its so bad we are pushing them in too early, then I agree its short sighted and foolish.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

January 21, 2014, 06:14:24 PM
Reply #8

duncandisorderly

Please let us win, just for once......

January 21, 2014, 06:19:07 PM
Reply #9

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I feel we're going to be doing this one without Coleman too. Like with Barkley, I wouldn't rush him back for this one either. Stones at right back for this one. Timing is always bad when we play them there, we're always weaker. I'd take a draw right now.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

January 21, 2014, 06:30:26 PM
Reply #10

Ross

We've shown up really well for the big games this season and I'm expecting that to be the case next Tuesday. Regardless of injuries we shouldn't forget we've still only been beaten twice this season, hopefully some good news on the injury front and some transfer activity this week will get people's positivity levels up.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 21, 2014, 06:35:52 PM
Reply #11

Bluedylan

I think Stones can cope with this game and not let us down at all. I'm more concerned about our ability to retain the ball under pressure with some of our key midfield options probably out. If we can do that, we can win this, because their midfield isn't great.

I think they will go for 4-3-3/4-5-1 personally, with Sturridge on the bench, Countinho on the left and Henderson in the central 3.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

January 21, 2014, 06:44:28 PM
Reply #12

Ross

I can't see him putting Sturridge on the bench BD, not at home. The onus is on them to win it rather than us and seeing as Suarez and Sturridge are probably their best combination anywhere on the pitch it don't think Rodgers will be willing to limit that threat.

Rodgers thinks very highly of his own ability, and is fond of putting square pegs in round holes. He will try and shift his midfield round to counter the loss of Lucas more than split up his front two.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 21, 2014, 06:49:50 PM
Reply #13

Bluedylan

I can't see him putting Sturridge on the bench BD, not at home. The onus is on them to win it rather than us and seeing as Suarez and Sturridge are probably their best combination anywhere on the pitch it don't think Rodgers will be willing to limit that threat.

Rodgers thinks very highly of his own ability, and is fond of putting square pegs in round holes. He will try and shift his midfield round to counter the loss of Lucas more than split up his front two.

Yeah can see your reasoning, but I think he'll be massively concerned about their midfield in the Villa game, and will want to control the ball in the middle. I think the only way he'll play both of his '9 and a halfs' is if he plays three at the back. We'll see.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

January 21, 2014, 06:51:16 PM
Reply #14

MmmBlueRamirez

And that is exactly why they're going to lose. Martinez is the master at identifying tactical weaknesses in his opponents and exploiting them.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama