Man of the match

Mirallas
46 (83.6%)
Barkley
1 (1.8%)
No One
8 (14.5%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Author Topic: Liverpool v Everton  (Read 44556 times)

January 24, 2014, 12:28:12 AM
Reply #60

Shogun

Administrator
Haven't haven't we the joint best defence in the league this season?
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 24, 2014, 12:40:23 AM
Reply #61

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

They've conceded 8 more than us. We have the second best defence along with Chelsea. Arsenal has the best.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 12:40:49 AM by blargins »
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

January 24, 2014, 12:41:51 AM
Reply #62

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Probably, we still conceded 3 against these though.

January 24, 2014, 12:49:40 AM
Reply #63

The Good Citizen

They've conceded 8 more than us. We have the second best defence along with Chelsea. Arsenal has the best.

Strange that arsenal have conversed 19 but you have to go down to Norwich to find a team who's conceded over 30. Generally the top half have decent defence, it's only goals scored that set the top teams apart.
I cast a shorter shadow with every passing day

January 24, 2014, 04:13:30 PM
Reply #64

Macca77

Suarez scares me, hes a game changer, he will target Distan again no doubt. Gerrard will have his usual amazing game as well, that said our midfield is a lot better than theirs and their defence is very shakey at times, we need to get at them from the off.

January 24, 2014, 04:22:49 PM
Reply #65

Lincs Toffee

Really hard one to predict ...they will no doubt leak goals with that defence and we need to exploit that as much as possible, but with the quality of the racist cannibal I feel we will concede more than once too. Martinez really needs to have a game plan for this one to shut out their attacks, Villa managed it the recently so there is no reason why we shouldn't, albeit the shite did have a particularly poor game.
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

January 24, 2014, 04:40:37 PM
Reply #66

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
We just need to ensure no redshite player gets into our penalty box, and we'll be fine.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

January 24, 2014, 07:27:29 PM
Reply #67

The Good Citizen

Say hes not a violent diving cheat if it makes you feel alright
Say you didn't mean that racist tweet if it helps you sleep at night
I don't care too much for kopites, coz money can't buy you class.

can't buy you class no, everybody tells you so.
can't buy you class no, no, no, no, no.

January 24, 2014, 07:58:46 PM
Reply #68

Toddacelli

Their two up front are the real obvious threat. Which makes me think the scene is set for us to shut them out all game, only for it to roll out to Gerard from 30 yards in the 88th minute. Fucking hate that prick.

Only one way to avoid this Martinez - get the lads to come out scoring from the off and lets tear them apart!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

January 24, 2014, 08:03:24 PM
Reply #69

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Am really wary of this now, we look weak and poor. Hopefully some lads back from injuries will lift us

Simply simply lovely

January 24, 2014, 08:06:02 PM
Reply #70

The Good Citizen

Their two up front are the real obvious threat. Which makes me think the scene is set for us to shut them out all game, only for it to roll out to Gerard from 30 yards in the 88th minute. Fucking hate that prick.

Only one way to avoid this Martinez - get the lads to come out scoring from the off and lets tear them apart!

I actually think playing 2 upfront and leaving 4 in midfield to our 5 could be a mistake if Lucas is out, Gerrard is starting to struggle to run a midfield and if we manage to get the lion's share of possession, theres no point in having quality up front if we starve them of time on the ball.

One area we have to be very disciplined is central from 18 to 25 yards out, Suarez is lethal from free kicks and he wont think twice about trying to win himself 2 or 3 free kick opportunities. That said we're not to shabby in that department either, but I'm expecting him to score those at the moment when he's stood over them.

January 24, 2014, 08:17:39 PM
Reply #71

Ross

I actually think playing 2 upfront and leaving 4 in midfield to our 5 could be a mistake if Lucas is out, Gerrard is starting to struggle to run a midfield and if we manage to get the lion's share of possession, theres no point in having quality up front if we starve them of time on the ball.

One area we have to be very disciplined is central from 18 to 25 yards out, Suarez is lethal from free kicks and he wont think twice about trying to win himself 2 or 3 free kick opportunities. That said we're not to shabby in that department either, but I'm expecting him to score those at the moment when he's stood over them.

Considering Johnson is now out, as is their main left back and their weak in midfield I think they may be going 352. They'll want to limit our possession as much as possible, but the onus is on them to win the game. Rodgers loves to believe he's a tactical genius and I think it will be part of their downfall.

Barry's vital in this game, screen the  back 4 when they've got possession and provide  cover for when our fullbacks roam forward. If he's on his game we should do well.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 24, 2014, 08:37:06 PM
Reply #72

Paddockoldie

Distan v's Suarez will be the decider. As much as I hate the ratboy, he is class.

If our CB's are on form and the midfield bites I think a result is on the cards.. I fancy McGeady to make himself a legend off the bench... ala Gosling

The only thing to fear is fear itself.. we can beat these.

January 24, 2014, 10:01:26 PM
Reply #73

Macca77

Distan v's Suarez will be the decider.

Only one winner there im afraid, Suarez has got to Distan ever since the FA Cup semi final.

January 24, 2014, 10:02:41 PM
Reply #74

Shogun

Administrator
Distin* ffs

No offence
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth