October 15, 2018, 03:30:28 PM

Author Topic: Fixtures  (Read 5240 times)

June 14, 2018, 06:50:01 PM
Reply #90

van der Meyde

Away games become massively important to us in Spring.

Home games from the 23rd Feb onward go: City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, United.
There is 1 away game inbetween each of them at the minute.

Better than them all just being lumped together on the trot like last year though, i suppose.
Good spot that.

June 14, 2018, 06:58:38 PM
Reply #91

Juanito

Wolves were a cut above anything in the championship, have players that are premier league standard, will probably sign a few more and the atmosphere is gonna be electric for those long suffering fans.  Defo gonna be a tricky one for us.

June 14, 2018, 07:01:59 PM
Reply #92

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I always dread playing promoted teams in august/early September. They're all gung-ho and can be a fucking nightmare.
Wolves will have that attitude and have legit top-level players in their squad.

You want promoted teams in November/December when the extra quality of the premier league has taken it's toll. There is little to no muscle memory for working as hard for as long against the top quality opposition and they have a little crisis of confidence.

June 14, 2018, 07:04:59 PM
Reply #93

indiantoffee1975

First home game starts as it ended with the final home game of the last campaign

June 14, 2018, 07:31:27 PM
Reply #94

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
My reservations are

We are notoriously shite away from home
We don't start seasons well
Were Everton

It'd be nice to get some decent results against good sides this season. For now though I expect us to lose/draw the vast majority of the away games, to win the vast majority of the homes and to finish 7th

If we can do this by playing more attractive football and also throw in a good cup run or 2 it's not a bad first season for Marco Silva
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

June 14, 2018, 07:36:38 PM
Reply #95

Cereal Killer

My reservations are

Were Everton

It'd be nice to get some decent results against good sides this season. For now though I expect us to lose/draw the vast majority of the away games, to win the vast majority of the homes and to finish 7th

If we can do this by playing more attractive football and also throw in a good cup run or 2 it's not a bad first season for Marco Silva

As long as we try and win some of the away games, rather than the two options last year of either setting up and playing for a 0-0 or chucking the towel in before we even start and 'resting' players

June 14, 2018, 07:41:12 PM
Reply #96

Trowel

The first derby of the season is at Anfield, for the second season in a row - fix!!

;)
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

June 14, 2018, 07:42:02 PM
Reply #97

themilkycoffees

Wolves 0 - 3 Everton.

June 14, 2018, 07:43:47 PM
Reply #98

kramer0

I hate openers against newly promoted teams.

Would rather start with one of the top 6 away.

June 14, 2018, 07:45:37 PM
Reply #99

themilkycoffees

Wolves were a cut above anything in the championship, have players that are premier league standard, will probably sign a few more and the atmosphere is gonna be electric for those long suffering fans.  Defo gonna be a tricky one for us.

They have about 3 players that are PL standard. The Championship is nowhere near the quality of the PL. It will be tricky because of the atmosphere but we should be winning there, no doubt about it.

June 14, 2018, 09:15:42 PM
Reply #100

formerKHL

My reservations are

Were Everton

nothing changed then...

June 14, 2018, 09:21:23 PM
Reply #101

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Prediction:

Wolves 0 : Everton 4

Bale, Casimiro, Alderweireld and Kane.

June 14, 2018, 10:26:15 PM
Reply #102

Toddacelli

It's not just the atmosphere though is it?

These teams have worked hard and successfully together over a season and developed a winning habit.

They can rely on each other and know where each other is likely to be.

By comparison, with offloading a dozen players and some new signings - we'll be a bunch of strangers who've never played together before. THAT is the big difference.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

June 14, 2018, 10:26:35 PM
Reply #103

Toddacelli

But we should still beat them :)

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

June 14, 2018, 11:20:17 PM
Reply #104

piggypop

NSNO Subscriber
For anyone who still thinks the fixtures are randomly generated, this is a decent explanation. There was also an interview with the guy last year (can't find it) that talked about setting 'derby weekends' etc for TV.

https://www.quora.com/How-are-premier-league-fixtures-decided

He's been good to us this season though.