December 15, 2017, 08:45:13 AM

Author Topic: [News]Howard upbeat over Donovan loan move  (Read 3196 times)

December 28, 2009, 02:55:19 AM
Reply #15

Chazman

By the way.Responding to Callums' post,havent we still got the £6 mil we didn't spend on Naughton? We only spent the Lescott money in the Summer!!!!!! Awaits Dixiesixtie usual pro-club response!!!!!
"I fuckin love this club"

deCoubertin

December 28, 2009, 03:05:45 AM
Reply #16

Chazman

By the way.Responding to Callums' post,havent we still got the £6 mil we didn't spend on Naughton? We only spent the Lescott money in the Summer!!!!!! Awaits Dixiesixtie usual pro-club response!!!!!

Oh,I forgot,he is out of the office till next week
"I fuckin love this club"

December 28, 2009, 07:07:46 AM
Reply #17

Endless, Nameless

What paper is that from Callum?

It does make depressing reading - how on earth are we in such a mess that we lag behind everyone else like that?

Probably the Daily Star, or whichever makes me look like the biggest idiot  :headbang:

But still, it isn't news to us. We have no money, but everyone else does. It's just sometimes pictures help you realise even more.

I don't think it works like that. Had we bought Naughton, I don't think we would have bought Bily, Distin AND Heitinga.
And, as the club said, the Lescott dough didn't cover all of the money we spent on those 3.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 07:09:43 AM by CallumF73 »
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

December 28, 2009, 08:04:40 AM
Reply #18

cantoffee

Probably the Daily Star, or whichever makes me look like the biggest idiot  :headbang:

But still, it isn't news to us. We have no money, but everyone else does. It's just sometimes pictures help you realise even more.

I don't think it works like that. Had we bought Naughton, I don't think we would have bought Bily, Distin AND Heitinga.
And, as the club said, the Lescott dough didn't cover all of the money we spent on those 3.

Lescott = 22 or 24

Bily =10
Heitinga =6
Distin= 5

10+6+5=21

The club lied

December 28, 2009, 08:14:57 AM
Reply #19

Endless, Nameless

Lescott = 22 or 24

Bily =10
Heitinga =6
Distin= 5

10+6+5=21

The club lied

Maybe. But did you think about all of the numbers you mentioned. I don't think any of them were officially released by the club (although Bily's might have been) and are therefore press speculation. And a certain amount of the Lescott fee went to Wolves as part of the contract.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.