December 16, 2017, 10:54:09 PM

Author Topic: David Moyes keen to offload Jo back to Manchester City  (Read 5409 times)

December 27, 2009, 05:27:35 PM
Reply #15

sukulpat

Not now, he should be replace Yak in ACN period, or even play him at the left flank (whenever Billy is out of form)

deCoubertin

December 27, 2009, 05:28:45 PM
Reply #16

Gumpinio

I thought you could only have 2 or 3 players in your mqatchday squad, but as many on the books as you want.
Jo has been very disappointing up until the last couple of games before his injury, but now is the time we really need him to cover Yaks trip to Angola.  If hes injured when we need him then theres no point holding onto thim, when is he due back?
"There are no desperate situations, only desperate people."
"When we have lost everything, including hope, life becomes a disgrace, and death a duty"
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

December 27, 2009, 05:35:06 PM
Reply #17

KingdingalingNL

I think it's only 2 players on loan from the premier league foreign leagues don't have a limit do they?

December 27, 2009, 11:31:44 PM
Reply #18

toffee_scot

maybe he sees donovan as a striker.

I think Moyes sees Donovan as a general utility attacking player who can cover for Osman, Pienaar, Billy, Cahill and Yakubu, Jo, Saha and Vaughan if/when the players get injured, suspended or in Yak's case off to the African Nations. He brought him here so he could fill in any attacking position rather than one fixed position.

Yakubu leaving for African Nations may also be an opportunity for Vaughan (assuming he doesn't get injured in the next few months) to get more minutes on the pitch although I can see Moyes continue to use Saha and Jo and field Vaughan in the last 5 minutes of games.

December 28, 2009, 01:29:41 AM
Reply #19

Rhys

Not now, he should be replace Yak in ACN period, or even play him at the left flank (whenever Billy is out of form)

Donovan will replace Bily.

December 28, 2009, 01:42:14 AM
Reply #20

Endless, Nameless

I want to get rid of Jo, but January is bad timing unless we're bringing in an another striker (other than Landon).
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

December 28, 2009, 01:49:28 AM
Reply #21

Rhys

We have paid City for the whole season, there is no way we would give him back and lose out on the money spent.

That and given how bad the Yak has looked recently, certainly worse than Jo when he has played, it would make absolutely no sense.

December 28, 2009, 01:59:22 AM
Reply #22

Endless, Nameless

We have paid City for the whole season, there is no way we would give him back and lose out on the money spent.

That and given how bad the Yak has looked recently, certainly worse than Jo when he has played, it would make absolutely no sense.

??

Don't we just pay his wages? Ie, X amount each week.

December 28, 2009, 02:03:01 AM
Reply #23

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
??

Don't we just pay his wages? Ie, X amount each week.

Yes, but there would have been a loan fee as well. Plus the contract is for the season.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

December 28, 2009, 02:08:57 AM
Reply #24

Endless, Nameless

Yes, but there would have been a loan fee as well. Plus the contract is for the season.

Well as long as it's just for this season, this is good news. Offloading him is silly when we have so few players. Just like I heard that we're shipping Vaughan off to Derby again on loan. If that's true then I'm questioning Moyes' sanity.

December 28, 2009, 05:21:01 AM
Reply #25

sixymack

we should try and sell jo to mancini for 9 million and hope no one told him city payed 18 million fuckin quid for him , his agent must be a great talker, must have pulled out the you tube vids

December 28, 2009, 05:49:24 AM
Reply #26

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
If Bill could, he'd sell all our players and just bring in loans.

I bet he voted Tory back in the 80's!
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

December 28, 2009, 06:56:55 AM
Reply #27

Endless, Nameless

we should try and sell jo to mancini for 9 million and hope no one told him city payed 18 million fuckin quid for him , his agent must be a great talker, must have pulled out the you tube vids

Maybe we should buy him before we sell him.
One thing's for sure though, City did us a favour with this lad. By outbidding us they saved us the embarrassment.

December 28, 2009, 07:44:37 AM
Reply #28

sharpattack

Jo is awful. He makes Brett Angell look competent. Something like 20 games without a goal.
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

December 28, 2009, 02:39:46 PM
Reply #29

Derek

Well, if we had the cover, I'd be glad to see the back of him. I'm not convinced he'll ever "come good", and because of that he's a liability.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku