December 17, 2017, 02:45:34 AM

Author Topic: David Moyes keen to offload Jo back to Manchester City  (Read 5409 times)

December 27, 2009, 07:47:21 AM
Read 5409 times

edbootle

Sale or return: Everton boss David Moyes keen to offload Jo back to Manchester City
By Rob Draper, Mail on Sunday Chief Football Writer Last updated at 9:22 PM on 26th December 2009
Comments (0) Add to My Stories Everton want to send misfit Jo back to Manchester City in January, hopeful that new manager Roberto Mancini might want him as cover for African Nations Cup-bound Emmanuel Adebayor.
Manager David Moyes signed Brazilian Jo on a season-long loan after Mark Hughes decided he did not want him at Eastlands.
But Jo has been a flop at Goodison Park, failing to score in 15 Premier League games, and the Merseysiders want to see if they can rip up his contract and allow him to return to Manchester.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1238597/Sale-return-Everton-boss-David-Moyes-keen-offload-Jo-Manchester-City.html?ITO=1490#ixzz0aqjAQoKx

Who seen this coming. :snigger:
:cheers:

deCoubertin

December 27, 2009, 07:50:50 AM
Reply #1

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Think it's got to be bullshit.

We're losing Yak as it is and our squad is threadbare.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

December 27, 2009, 07:59:10 AM
Reply #2

American Evertonian

A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

December 27, 2009, 08:16:02 AM
Reply #3

huck

Opinions of Jo aside I would hope we aren't having to offload to free up wages to get people in through January.
Le Berry

December 27, 2009, 08:34:17 AM
Reply #4

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Unless they want to release him to bring in other loanees instead (is there a limit?), but I just can't see it.

December 27, 2009, 09:19:13 AM
Reply #5

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Why release jo now? Not a fan but at least he seems comparatively fit. We hardly have a wealth of healthy strikers. Unless Moyes plans on playing Cahill up front to get the poor bastard some goals.

December 27, 2009, 09:28:55 AM
Reply #6

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Wonder how "welcome" he feels now?

December 27, 2009, 02:13:04 PM
Reply #7

nomorechang

RIP
Aren't we only allowed 3 loanees ? , With Donovan and Jo then we can only get one more so maybe he has plans to bring in another 2 .... Manny and Reyes ?
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

December 27, 2009, 03:34:01 PM
Reply #8

toffee_scot

Aren't we only allowed 3 loanees ? , With Donovan and Jo then we can only get one more so maybe he has plans to bring in another 2 .... Manny and Reyes ?

Portsmouth have 5 players on loan so we should be ok, remember 2 seasons ago we had Pienaar, Manny, Gardner and Gravesen all on loan.

As for this story about offloading Jo, it is probably false, Moyes might give him a kick up the backside to try and get him to improve his form, problem is it is the winter time so I expect Jo to do a vanishing act on the pitch more often. One thing is for sure, he definitely won't be at Everton (or even Man City) by the summer, yet for some reason on the new 2010 calendar Jo is pictured in October (Bilyaletdinov, Heitinga and Distin are not included in the calendar). 

December 27, 2009, 04:13:47 PM
Reply #9

Билялетдинов

newspaper with no proper quotes = bullshit.

December 27, 2009, 04:41:23 PM
Reply #10

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Portsmouth have 5 players on loan so we should be ok, remember 2 seasons ago we had Pienaar, Manny, Gardner and Gravesen all on loan.

As for this story about offloading Jo, it is probably false, Moyes might give him a kick up the backside to try and get him to improve his form, problem is it is the winter time so I expect Jo to do a vanishing act on the pitch more often. One thing is for sure, he definitely won't be at Everton (or even Man City) by the summer, yet for some reason on the new 2010 calendar Jo is pictured in October (Bilyaletdinov, Heitinga and Distin are not included in the calendar). 

Perhaps we sell these players to buy Jo....

December 27, 2009, 04:55:42 PM
Reply #11

dunkster

maybe he sees donovan as a striker.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

December 27, 2009, 04:59:44 PM
Reply #12

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
If he does see Donovan as a striker, then he is to replace the Yak while he's away.

December 27, 2009, 05:14:56 PM
Reply #13

Connavar

It wasn't just Hughes that Jo had a problem with at City. Think this story is BS if u ask me!

December 27, 2009, 05:23:04 PM
Reply #14

Billyfozz

Perhaps we sell these players to buy Jo....

Jo's that bad in my book that even if you're joking it's not funny.
We're the team, we're supreme, number one and we love you E-ver-ton