August 14, 2018, 10:10:10 PM

Author Topic: Lookman  (Read 34682 times)

January 07, 2018, 10:38:25 PM
Reply #15

JordanianEmbassy

Agree. Absolutely no reason to send him out on loan, he's already spent his time in the lower divisions - he's not some academy player who has only played in the U23s

January 07, 2018, 10:44:02 PM
Reply #16

Bluedylan

Agree. Absolutely no reason to send him out on loan, he's already spent his time in the lower divisions - he's not some academy player who has only played in the U23s

It's more if he's only going to be involved 1 game in every 5, then he might as well go and play at the top of the Championship or at the bottom of the Prem every week.

We've got fuck all to actually play for. Amongst other things, Allardyce will earn plenty of credit with the sceptics if he starts playing Lookman and Vlasic regularly and making them into full fledged Prem players for next season.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

January 08, 2018, 02:14:11 AM
Reply #17

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
It's more if he's only going to be involved 1 game in every 5, then he might as well go and play at the top of the Championship or at the bottom of the Prem every week.

We've got fuck all to actually play for. Amongst other things, Allardyce will earn plenty of credit with the sceptics if he starts playing Lookman and Vlasic regularly and making them into full fledged Prem players for next season.
Oops ! Didnít mean to like (not disliking either) just wondering if in your view it is a problem if Allardyce got credit should he successfully make Lookman and Vlassic full fledged prem players for next season, surely that would be a good thing ?

January 08, 2018, 02:54:43 AM
Reply #18

Bluedylan

Oops ! Didnít mean to like (not disliking either) just wondering if in your view it is a problem if Allardyce got credit should he successfully make Lookman and Vlassic full fledged prem players for next season, surely that would be a good thing ?

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. A good way for Allardyce to appease the critics (which I'm one of) is to develop the better younger players into first teamers, as well as improving the football generally.

I'm attempting to be constructive, rather than just slagging him off.

January 08, 2018, 03:18:07 AM
Reply #19

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. A good way for Allardyce to appease the critics (which I'm one of) is to develop the better younger players into first teamers, as well as improving the football generally.

I'm attempting to be constructive, rather than just slagging him off.

Iím still confused ? So are you saying that you do not want Allardyce to succeed and get credit for it ? are you hoping that he fails ?

January 08, 2018, 03:28:47 AM
Reply #20

bogie

All the lads on the Celtic forum where raving about him after seeing his peformance vs the shite. They want him on loan haha

I really do think he needed to be loaned out but not in that league only real spot for him was to drop down one
if he had it in him (and I don't think he has yet ) then a loan to France would have been best move for him

January 08, 2018, 04:02:59 AM
Reply #21

Bluedylan

Iím still confused ? So are you saying that you do not want Allardyce to succeed and get credit for it ? are you hoping that he fails ?

No. I'm not sure what confuses you. I'll spell it out in completely unambiguous terms.

I wasn't in favour of him being appointed. He's done ok but the football hasn't convinced me at all.

So I was thinking what could he do to win me and other critics over, given that the season is over in terms of targets.

And an answer I came up with is helping to blood the young attacking players and develop them, along with improving the attacking play/ball possession.

January 08, 2018, 02:23:28 PM
Reply #22

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
No. I'm not sure what confuses you. I'll spell it out in completely unambiguous terms.

I wasn't in favour of him being appointed. He's done ok but the football hasn't convinced me at all.

So I was thinking what could he do to win me and other critics over, given that the season is over in terms of targets.

And an answer I came up with is helping to blood the young attacking players and develop them, along with improving the attacking play/ball possession.

There you go again, responding to polite queries in your trademark patronising tone. For what itís worth I be.ive that our target is to finish as high in the table as possible.

January 08, 2018, 02:32:33 PM
Reply #23

Macca77

There you go again, responding to polite queries in your trademark patronising tone. For what itís worth I be.ive that our target is to finish as high in the table as possible.

Well yes, that's every clubs target.

January 08, 2018, 02:49:00 PM
Reply #24

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber

Mate, you have utterly misread that entire conversation.

Obviously you missed the original point, which is fair enough - the written word can be a bit vague sometimes. No issues there. BD explained it in pretty simple terms and you asked for  further clarification. There was no clearer he could have been so he stated that.
You've then inferred condecension in a response that contained none because of your opinion on who wrote it.

FWIW, BD has raised the first balanced point i've seen about Allardyce. As long as we agree to become proponants of the man if he meets our targets.

Finish as high as we can in the league? Yeah, true. But 7th playing dinosaur football with tried & tested players or 8th whilst bedding in the kids and making mistakes whilst teaching them a more expansive style?
I'd take the £750k hit (or whatever it is for a single league place nowadays)

January 08, 2018, 03:43:02 PM
Reply #25

Lxxx

Let's be honest we'd have to be really, really bad to not finish 7th in this league. It's as poor, as a whole, as I've seen it in some time and finishing 7th wouldn't be some kind of monumental achievement, bearing in mind it's the turn of the year, we're sat in 9th spot and we're one of the biggest spenders in Europe now.

What would be an achievement is if we got to the end of the season and had found a workable system, players in their right positions and a style of play which was both pleasing on the eye as well as giving us some kind of blueprint to go into our summer recruitment.

This has to be the aim now, not to solely to aim for the 7th place trophy.

January 08, 2018, 04:10:53 PM
Reply #26

Gary1878

I think Big Sam should be using the performance at Anfield on Friday as a blueprint on how to play away from home. He took a little more risk in his tactics, and you could see that it paid off.

He clearly struggles with being the favourites though, and it is the performances at home against the lesser teams that will require some thought if he is to have any chance of staying beyond this season as Everton manager.

January 08, 2018, 04:18:40 PM
Reply #27

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Heís a saucy baller and needs to play
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 08, 2018, 04:22:37 PM
Reply #28

Macca77

Fuck all to play for from now til the end of the season, we won't be in any sort of relegation fight so there is no reason why we shouldnt be giving the fringe players like Lookman more time on the pitch

January 08, 2018, 04:40:54 PM
Reply #29

eugene

Fuck all to play for from now til the end of the season, we won't be in any sort of relegation fight so there is no reason why we shouldnt be giving the fringe players like Lookman more time on the pitch
Canít agree more and letís try and introduce a more attacking style dependant on filling our required positions.
It will be a gamble however it would enable us to hit the ground running next season.