December 18, 2017, 03:41:01 AM

Author Topic: DCL - kidding ourselves  (Read 6715 times)

October 22, 2017, 12:52:46 AM
Reply #120

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Well we cant build it round Rooney ..he goes awol all over the pitch  ,Sandro is a worse shout than DCL as he does most his best off the right wing ,who do you suggest Niasse ?.

Not being a twat just curious .

We donít have much in the way of good options. Weíve totally shot ourselves in both feet by selling Lukaku without bringing in a replacement. Just staggering level of incompetence by all concerned. Tactics and man management aside our biggest f up was recruitment this summer.

The point of this is not who is better itís more is he good enough for what we need? Heís not ready yet for more than mostly cameos right now IMO. I think the stats back that up too. He had a man of the match performance versus Man City but itís been pretty sporadic other than that in terms of contribution. Given his age you have to expect that though.

I canít imagine many people donít want us to go buy a striker the second the window opens though. So that canít be too outlandish a sentiment. We canít hope to win many games if one of main attacking threats is putting up numbers like 1 goal in 20 with 2 assists. Lukaku has probably already scored more than he will over the entire season.

deCoubertin

October 22, 2017, 12:53:26 AM
Reply #121

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think DCL has confidence issues. If anything, that's one of his greatest strengths.

October 22, 2017, 12:54:10 AM
Reply #122

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I think most would agree he shouldn't be starting near as much as he has but there's only Rooney who has looked capable of a goal so it's understandable why he has. It's no indictment of Calvert Lewin that he isn't doing much right now, it's a massive indictment of club and manager but I think we are agreeing on that.

Yep, absolutely. This isnít a situation he should have been put in, but we do need better options I believe to compete.

October 22, 2017, 01:10:08 AM
Reply #123

Ross

Build the attack around him, or even have him as a regular starter, whatever the barometer my point is his stats donít back up having him anywhere near a regular starting berth of a side that is meant too have European ambitions. I feel I have to caveat this every time, that doesnít mean youíre writing him off but how anyone can really argue heís ready to be a starter based on 1 goal and 2 assists over the course of half a season of appearances is just bizarre.

Heís 20 and regularly asked to play in 2 or 3 different positions unfamiliar to his natural game. He shouldnít be getting judged on his strike rate, or even harshly judged at all given heís being shunted round so much. Especially in a team thatís creating so little, itís hardly Stuart Barlow levels for chances heís spurned.

Thereís very little point in critiquing any of these new or young players while the tactics, selections and formations are so random game after game.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 22, 2017, 01:28:33 AM
Reply #124

Evertonian in NC

Heís 20 and regularly asked to play in 2 or 3 different positions unfamiliar to his natural game. He shouldnít be getting judged on his strike rate, or even harshly judged at all given heís being shunted round so much. Especially in a team thatís creating so little, itís hardly Stuart Barlow levels for chances heís spurned.

Thereís very little point in critiquing any of these new or young players while the tactics, selections and formations are so random game after game.

100% agreed.  I'm very impressed that the young man hasn't let his head hang down.  Showing great character, in my opinion.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 22, 2017, 01:48:38 AM
Reply #125

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

It's not like there isn't sympathy for the position he's in but ultimately the PL is a very tough league if you're playing no matter your age be it on the older or younger end of the spectrum you get graded according to what is expected from a PL footballer. Once again, I'll stress that doesn't mean you write him off but it does mean he needs to contribute more be it goal scoring or assists to justify his place.

You may not want to judge him on scoring or assists but that's how this team will in large part be judged at the end of the season.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 01:50:00 AM by blueToffee »

October 22, 2017, 01:52:23 AM
Reply #126

Martip

Good graft fook all end product unfortunately.

October 22, 2017, 02:20:31 AM
Reply #127

Ross

It's not like there isn't sympathy for the position he's in but ultimately the PL is a very tough league if you're playing no matter your age be it on the older or younger end of the spectrum you get graded according to what is expected from a PL footballer. Once again, I'll stress that doesn't mean you write him off but it does mean he needs to contribute more be it goal scoring or assists to justify his place.

You may not want to judge him on scoring or assists but that's how this team will in large part be judged at the end of the season.

So if Davies is dropped back into a defensive midfielder position with Schneiderlins injury and we keep on getting run through the middle heís next on the block?

Or if he he gets pushed out to wingback and doesnít create any chances and we keep on conceding?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 22, 2017, 02:57:13 AM
Reply #128

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
So if Davies is dropped back into a defensive midfielder position with Schneiderlins injury and we keep on getting run through the middle heís next on the block?

Or if he he gets pushed out to wingback and doesnít create any chances and we keep on conceding?

Well yes, if he's getting picked to play a position and he can't do it then...yes he shouldn't get picked for that position. There would be no point knocking the confidence of the player and/or hurting the team. If DCL can't adequately contribute in any position other than no.9 then no he shouldn't be in the lineup aside from that position. IF he can't contribute enough in that no.9 position, then he should be on the bench. If he repeatedly doesn't make an impact when he comes on from the bench, maybe he'd be better off going out on loan.

Doesn't mean there any extenuating circumstances but if a player isn't contributing in a position he shouldn't be played there.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 02:59:55 AM by blueToffee »

October 22, 2017, 03:01:24 AM
Reply #129

TheTone

just shouldn't be starting at this level yet, doing his best like, I think he'll be decent when he fills out, just hope all this shit we're going through doesn't ruin him

did he really break up with that bird? if so then that's a positive , she's no good for any mans career

October 22, 2017, 04:21:25 PM
Reply #130

BlueForYou

At 20, he's easily old enough to play at this level - but he's not up there with the exceptional Rashford..................... .......yet

Keep playing him
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 22, 2017, 04:33:45 PM
Reply #131

Rodenplav64

I don't think you can judge him given the shambles of a team he is in at the minute . No pace and no creativity across the middle or on the wings so how exactly is he meant to make an impact ?

October 22, 2017, 05:13:57 PM
Reply #132

Ridge

I do think he'll be capable of 15-25 goals in future seasons. Depending on service

Would expect somewhere nearer 8-10 goals this season. But he'll improve, get more goals as season goes on, service improves.

Lukaku only got 10 goals the season we paid £28m for him. And he had lot more experience at same age.

October 22, 2017, 06:46:25 PM
Reply #133

SANA_DR0

Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

October 22, 2017, 06:56:22 PM
Reply #134

SANA_DR0

you can hate even more  :D