February 24, 2018, 06:53:11 AM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce appointment marks new low point in Everton history  (Read 10608 times)

December 02, 2017, 12:53:54 AM
Reply #315

BlueMaquis

Iv never got the "it's not your money why you bothered" shout.

It's pretty simple. The more you pay on A means the less you can spend on B

Depends on who "you" is. I doubt Richard Branson's collection of Caribbean islands meant he had to skimp on that new yacht he took a fancy to.

December 02, 2017, 02:15:02 AM
Reply #316

Macca77

December 02, 2017, 02:16:10 AM
Reply #317

Gash

Global Moderator
Good press conference to be fair, came across well, said all the right things.

Sammy Lee though!

December 02, 2017, 02:24:34 AM
Reply #318

Bluedylan

Iíve never once stated I wanted Allerdyce or that I advocate shite football. I wanted Martinez and Koeman and championed their philosophies...and they both turned out to be shit and ineffective. Iím open to something different, especially with this limited, unbalanced and somewhat disinterested squad.

Stop being a crybaby millennial having a tantrum because his team wonít be playing like Man City. Get over yourself you ĎFIFAí generation bellend.

Wish I was a millennial and never owned FIFA. Other than that, a decent, fiesty comeback. You're clearly not hugely bright or perceptive, because you've misread me completely like, but that's no surprise. Like I said, don't be scared to get behind your own opinion. It comes across as weak and disingenuous when you pretend you're 'playing devil's advocate'.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 02:39:31 AM by Bluedylan »
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 02, 2017, 03:12:45 AM
Reply #319

GrantyBoy78

Wish I was a millennial and never owned FIFA. Other than that, a decent, fiesty comeback. You're clearly not hugely bright or perceptive, because you've misread me completely like, but that's no surprise. Like I said, don't be scared to get behind your own opinion. It comes across as weak and disingenuous when you pretend you're 'playing devil's advocate'.
I just assumed your were a kid; given how upset you got when you didnít get your choice of manager.

December 02, 2017, 04:41:27 AM
Reply #320

Lxxx

December 02, 2017, 04:43:55 AM
Reply #321

Macca77

Beat me to it, what a fucking stupid thing to say

December 02, 2017, 04:51:52 AM
Reply #322

bogie

December 02, 2017, 05:10:30 AM
Reply #323

Lxxx

Beat me to it, what a fucking stupid thing to say

He has an ego which isnít commensurate with his achievements. Which are non existent.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 05:19:28 AM by Lxxx »

December 02, 2017, 05:15:52 AM
Reply #324

howard1334

This is not someone playing devil's advocate. This is your actual opinion. Don't be disingenuous, have the courage of your convictions and get behind your opinion. It's certainly not mine, as you probably know, but if you're going to argue a case, at least stand firmly behind what you've said.

Come on, man. Get off of your high horse.

December 02, 2017, 05:21:25 AM
Reply #325

toffee_scot

Wow, what an undignified thing to say from this new manager.

Marco Silva could simply retort that at least he's won a Portuguese Cup and Greek title.

Your turn Sam, what have you won in your 26 year managerial career?

December 02, 2017, 05:51:50 AM
Reply #326

BlueMaquis

Wow, what an undignified thing to say from this new manager.

Marco Silva could simply retort that at least he's won a Portuguese Cup and Greek title.

Your turn Sam, what have you won in your 26 year managerial career?

Yes, but Everton aren't interested in winning things, only not being relegated. Moshiri said this himself, that Allardyce will bring "stability".

December 02, 2017, 06:04:10 AM
Reply #327

ally2

He's just standing up for himself. It's a bit embarrassing because he knows we were after Silva. But then it's a bit embarrassing for us too. He doesn't need took make the comparisons though. Everyone else can do that, if they're that bored. Sounds more like a shit journalist was trying to get a rise out of him.

December 02, 2017, 06:05:11 AM
Reply #328

Thomas

TBF to him I like the way, probably because he is of that generation where we where the Mersey Millionaires and big players, that he values and respects us as a club so much.

December 02, 2017, 06:21:20 AM
Reply #329

toffee_scot

Yes, but Everton aren't interested in winning things, only not being relegated. Moshiri said this himself, that Allardyce will bring "stability".

Yeah, Moshiri sounds a little bit like Theresa May on election night.