Mark Hughes
Chris Coleman
Duncan Ferguson
Koeman to remain in charge
AN Other
Manuel Pellegrini
Sean Dyche
Diego Simeone

Author Topic: Who should we go for?  (Read 122914 times)

November 20, 2017, 06:16:25 PM
Reply #1950

Bluedylan

When do we take no for an answer then?

Whenever Moshiri decides to. Unsworth's bought us a bit of time and given us a bit of a buffer zone to allow this. I'm glad because I'd sooner take longer to appoint the man we want rather than panic and get someone quickly, who is available but whose ability is somewhere between limited and shit.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 20, 2017, 06:17:49 PM
Reply #1951

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

Your hard for Allardyce! Hes not unde rated at all, hes just very very shit.

He would do well at the likes of West Brom

And would make them leap frog above us...?
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

November 20, 2017, 06:58:16 PM
Reply #1952

GrantyBoy78

And would make them leap frog above us...?
Would be hilarious if West Brom went for Silva. Theyíve got an ambitious Chinese owner.

November 20, 2017, 07:00:21 PM
Reply #1953

GrantyBoy78

Whenever Moshiri decides to. Unsworth's bought us a bit of time and given us a bit of a buffer zone to allow this. I'm glad because I'd sooner take longer to appoint the man we want rather than panic and get someone quickly, who is available but whose ability is somewhere between limited and shit.

Letís hope this is more Sigurdsson than Witsel and Giroud.

November 20, 2017, 07:41:26 PM
Reply #1954

ajax_andy

Based on absolutely nothing

Which bit?  The part where I say he's a moderate to high risk appointment, or the bit where he has the potential to get us high up the table?  I think I pretty much covered both sides of the argument, so not sure where you're finding fault in my post?

November 20, 2017, 08:23:10 PM
Reply #1955

Fynci

If itís between Allardyce, Dyche, Pulis or Silva, then I would give it to Unsworth, no question.
Cool + 380
Tool - 0

November 20, 2017, 08:44:37 PM
Reply #1956

BlueBeagle

Which bit?  The part where I say he's a moderate to high risk appointment, or the bit where he has the potential to get us high up the table?  I think I pretty much covered both sides of the argument, so not sure where you're finding fault in my post?

He's got as much chance as Dyche or Allardyce has of making the top 4 with us... None.

November 20, 2017, 08:46:50 PM
Reply #1957

Waltzer

If itís between Allardyce, Dyche, Pulis or Silva, then I would give it to Unsworth, no question.

Really?? Id only have Unsworth above Pulis and that would be based on emotion and not ability!!

Remove the fact that Unsie has a connection with our club what credentials has he got to do the job? Would you accept Mike Garrity as coach based on the fact Liverpool U23s are storming the league? Personally I wouldnt have him anywhere near it, not because of his connection with Liverpool, but because he doesnt have the experience.
If Unsworth doesnt get the Everton job do you think any other team in the league would even contemplate him as manager?

November 20, 2017, 08:48:07 PM
Reply #1958

Macca77

Fuck off even mentioning Pulis

Thanks

November 20, 2017, 09:14:15 PM
Reply #1959

GrantyBoy78

He's got as much chance as Dyche or Allardyce has of making the top 4 with us... None.

Has anyone though?

November 20, 2017, 09:34:12 PM
Reply #1960

KoemansNumberTens

Your hard for Allardyce! Hes not unde rated at all, hes just very very shit.

He would do well at the likes of West Brom

Sorry but if you think he's very very shit then yes he's underrated. You might not like him or his style of football but what jobs has he had where his performance has been very very shit

November 20, 2017, 09:35:09 PM
Reply #1961

School of Science

Letís hope this is more Sigurdsson than Witsel and Giroud.

Hope it doesn't take that long mate, but Silva is now my preferred choice, did originally vote for Tuchel, but that looks a non runner.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

November 20, 2017, 09:41:38 PM
Reply #1962

sam of the south

Hope it doesn't take that long mate, but Silva is now my preferred choice, did originally vote for Tuchel, but that looks a non runner.

I concur with the entire post
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

November 20, 2017, 09:45:45 PM
Reply #1963

KoemansNumberTens

I think it's a risk / reward deal really.

Dyche:
Risk - minimal
Reward - 6th / 7th regularly with small hope of top 4

Silva:
Risk - moderate to high
Reward - Potential to have us challenging for top 4 and winning something

Both have issues and positives, it's just whether we are in a position to take a risk or not at this moment in time. My only worry with Dyche is that whilst we are steadying the ship with him Silva proves to be the real deal and ends up at Spurs or the like when Mo Po goes to Madrid or wherever.

Personally I'd take the risk, you don't get anywhere in life playing it safe

Why do people equate open attractive football as winning football. Why can a silva win something and challenge the top 4 but dyche can't? Did people miss Leicester, atletico and Jose mourinho completely? It's absolute nonsense. In fact I think it's probably easier to build a great defensive team on a budget than an attacking 1.

November 20, 2017, 09:48:54 PM
Reply #1964

bacon sarnie

Agreed. Hopefully they'll get their man (or woman).