Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 161895 times)

November 23, 2017, 02:49:58 AM
Reply #2115

Ross

If the new story about Silvas true it’ll be interesting how they handle it.

There’s bound to be more high profile candidates in the summer looking for a fresh challenge but by offering £10m+ for Silva they’ve pretty much nailed our colours to the mast about how much they want him.

Short term Unsworth deal and Silva in the summer would seem inevitable, but what if Unsworth turns us round and we push on up to 7th with a good cup run? What if Watford fall away and start struggling?

They’ve got themselves in a right mess over this.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 23, 2017, 02:50:24 AM
Reply #2116

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
So if this is to be believed back to Dyche then?
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

November 23, 2017, 02:58:52 AM
Reply #2117

Macca77

Clueless

November 23, 2017, 03:02:09 AM
Reply #2118

TheTone

Give it Unsworth and be done with it

November 23, 2017, 03:03:17 AM
Reply #2119

GrantyBoy78

If the new story about Silvas true it'll be interesting how they handle it.

There's bound to be more high profile candidates in the summer looking for a fresh challenge but by offering £10m+ for Silva they've pretty much nailed our colours to the mast about how much they want him.

Short term Unsworth deal and Silva in the summer would seem inevitable, but what if Unsworth turns us round and we push on up to 7th with a good cup run? What if Watford fall away and start struggling?

They've got themselves in a right mess over this.
Or we give it to Unsworth until the end of the season...then we lose 8 of the next 10?

November 23, 2017, 03:04:59 AM
Reply #2120

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
I've not read the story, but it wouldn't surprise me if we've said this to encourage Silva to show us how much he wants it and to push for the move.

November 23, 2017, 03:05:30 AM
Reply #2121

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
There are more options in the world that Allardyce, Silva, Dyche or sticking with Unsworth.

If we’re willing to pay £4-6m a year and compensation of £10m that should put about 90% of the world’s managers within range.

November 23, 2017, 03:10:29 AM
Reply #2122

GrantyBoy78

So if this is to be believed back to Dyche then?
Would he even come now? Burnley continue to do well and he’ll have good offers in the summer. It was obvious he wasn’t first or even second choice and given the general air of amateurism around our club at the moment, I wouldn’t blame him for swerving us.

November 23, 2017, 03:13:40 AM
Reply #2123

GrantyBoy78

There are more options in the world that Allardyce, Silva, Dyche or sticking with Unsworth.

If we're willing to pay £4-6m a year and compensation of £10m that should put about 90% of the world's managers within range.
You honestly think our board have a clue about any of those managers though?

November 23, 2017, 03:14:05 AM
Reply #2124

Waltzer

Would he even come now? Burnley continue to do well and he'll have good offers in the summer. It was obvious he wasn't first or even second choice and given the general air of amateurism around our club at the moment, I wouldn't blame him for swerving us.
I was thinking along the same lines but I still think he'd have to realise its probably the best option he's ever likely to get, cutting of your nose to spite your face if he turned out down.

November 23, 2017, 03:17:32 AM
Reply #2125

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
You honestly think our board have a clue about any of those managers though?

Don’t know!

Ragnick was supposedly interviewed when Martinez got the job.

November 23, 2017, 03:24:09 AM
Reply #2126

Cozzie

I don't think our board realize there are actually top managers outside the premier league.

November 23, 2017, 03:31:27 AM
Reply #2127

ally2

All a smokescreen for Silva IMO. The problem is Watford though.

November 23, 2017, 03:36:22 AM
Reply #2128

Ridge

I want Unsworth to get rest of the season and if he performs well, to be given a long term chance. But it's always made additional sense, that in January or summer we have money to address or correct some of the major issues in the squad. Some more decent managers would see issues and think no thanks, there are some fundamental problems that requires a window and changes to personnel.

In meantime Unsworth brings through the youngsters he's worked with and trusted, so any replacement would inherit more young players who have transitioned to first team. But also if things hadn't worked out by Jan, we've not tied ourselves in with another major contract that would cause too much pain to break. Unsworth from the start gave us a good opportunity to build and reassess in not too distant future, but the board through indecision have made a pigs ear of it.

Say he's got until end of the season and sign him on a deal, as with all manager contracts, it's not got to be upheld. If things aren't going well in a couple of months, he would be relatively cheap and easier to replace then. But instead we've chased every Tom, Dick, Sam and Marco around the car park in panic, and his appointment now looks like a last resort. When a team with a bit of confidence and competence would have given him the chance to prove himself in the short term in the first place.

November 23, 2017, 03:38:16 AM
Reply #2129

Ross

All a smokescreen for Silva IMO. The problem is Watford though.

Watford look like they’ve boarded up and hunkered down. Cant blame them either.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.