Mark Hughes
Chris Coleman
Duncan Ferguson
Koeman to remain in charge
AN Other
Manuel Pellegrini
Sean Dyche
Diego Simeone

Author Topic: Who should we go for?  (Read 122478 times)

November 27, 2017, 08:54:27 PM
Reply #2685

Rhys

Benfica boss Rui Vitoria emerges as surprising Everton candidate as desperate Toffees eye new manager

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/benfica-boss-rui-vitoria-emerges-11595987

Looking at his record he got Pacos de Ferreira to Portguese league cup final and lost to benfica and finished 7th in the league in his only season. He had 4 seasons with Vitoria Guimaraes finished 6th, 9th, 10th and 5th and won their first ever Portuguese cup. Then went to benfica and in 2 seasons he has won the league twice, won the Portguese cup, Portguese league cup, got the champions league quarter final one year and last 16 the other and got a record ever points total in portugal as well as record for most ever consecutive away wins. This season isnt going so well they are 3rd in the league and lost every champions league game so far.

Only managed in Portugal so not a whole load of variety to say will do well in other leagues but record in his career over there is very good.

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2017/09/05/jorge-jesus-v-rui-vitoria/

Found this link about what his tactics are and seems to suggest focuses on organisation and says asks the midfielders to produce a lot of defensive tasks. And that his teams put a huge amount of pressure into the opening half an hour try and get lead then control the game defensively. Another one suggests that he puts a lot of faith in young players so both of those might be reasons why we think he could be a good fit if the reports are true.

November 27, 2017, 08:56:18 PM
Reply #2686

Bluedylan

Least you're finally on board. Right all along. Making a bit of a habit of this aren't I.

I'm not on board with your incessant negativity echo chamber. I still fully support Moshiri, think sacking Koeman was right, and don't think we should resort to lowest common denominator management. So we're not in agreement on most things, just to clarify 👍
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 27, 2017, 09:00:15 PM
Reply #2687

Hawkandro

Right now, the thought of Big Sam swooping in to save us, allowing Moshiri to take up full control and sack the board off and begin his own real-life FM game is keeping me going.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

November 27, 2017, 09:08:03 PM
Reply #2688

Macca77

Allardyce it is then, fuck sake

November 27, 2017, 09:14:55 PM
Reply #2689

Waltzer

Allardyce it is then, fuck sake

Im with you on that but what are our options? Id be happy to take a 0-0 at the moment and at least he'll sort out our defence

November 27, 2017, 09:17:02 PM
Reply #2690

formerKHL

i'm just about to retire (if she lets me)....

so i'm free for a couple of months....

November 27, 2017, 09:27:12 PM
Reply #2691

Macca77

November 27, 2017, 09:29:58 PM
Reply #2692

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
What a sad, sad day for the football club.

November 27, 2017, 09:30:10 PM
Reply #2693

therealdunc

How is it interesting then, please explain?

Letís just say my source is pretty good
Blue

November 27, 2017, 09:31:25 PM
Reply #2694

therealdunc

This is great news

Big Sam is an excellent under rated manager, far superior to unsie and Koeman

Big Sam will get us into the top 4 next year and win us a cup

Itís on!

Get behind the new manager
Blue

November 27, 2017, 09:32:37 PM
Reply #2695

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
This is great news

Big Sam is an excellent under rated manager, far superior to unsie and Koeman

Big Sam will get us into the top 4 next year and win us a cup

Itís on!

Get behind the new manager

Iíve only ever seen one post from you that didnít make me think you were a WUM.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 27, 2017, 09:32:44 PM
Reply #2696

KoemansNumberTens

I'm not on board with your incessant negativity echo chamber. I still fully support Moshiri, think sacking Koeman was right, and don't think we should resort to lowest common denominator management. So we're not in agreement on most things, just to clarify 👍

I'm still fully on board with moshiri just think he needs to be realistic about what he does and doesn't know when it comes to football decisions. Apart from that I think he's been fantastic for the club

As for my negativity. It's hard to be anything but.

November 27, 2017, 09:33:05 PM
Reply #2697

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Worth remembering that at both Sunderland and palace he struggled when he first came in.

If he loses his first five games in charge here like he did at palace we will sink without a trace and he'll be off sharpish.

November 27, 2017, 09:34:10 PM
Reply #2698

bigmanbob

Fuck this shit, my cards are in if it's him. I despise everything he stands for

November 27, 2017, 09:34:52 PM
Reply #2699

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Worth remembering that at both Sunderland and palace he struggled when he first came in.

If he loses his first five games in charge here like he did at palace we will sink without a trace and he'll be off sharpish.

Heís dogshite mate.

Churn and burn.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.