December 15, 2018, 09:59:43 PM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 50366 times)

November 03, 2017, 09:19:25 PM
Reply #435

KoemansNumberTens

I can't believe it's not sorted,and Unsworth is taking another game.

Can you really not? This is always what's been reported

November 03, 2017, 09:21:44 PM
Reply #436

Coyb12

Can you really not? This is always what's been reported
You should be on stage mate that's fucking hilarious.

November 03, 2017, 09:30:01 PM
Reply #437

KoemansNumberTens

I wasnt a joke. What's happening is exactly what's been reported from the start. You're just being dramatic

November 03, 2017, 09:35:44 PM
Reply #438

Coyb12

I wasnt a joke. What's happening is exactly what's been reported from the start. You're just being dramatic
What dramatic about wanting a manager appointed to sort this mess out?

November 03, 2017, 09:37:37 PM
Reply #439

Evertonian in NC

The transition to a permanent manager always made sense over the next international break.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

November 03, 2017, 09:51:18 PM
Reply #440

SANA_DR0

even if a new manager comes in, what will change? still will have no strikers, and no centre backs.. or players in midfield who are creative
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

November 03, 2017, 10:06:55 PM
Reply #441

GoodisonPk

We are the talksport topic with Durham for anyone who is interested.

November 03, 2017, 10:12:50 PM
Reply #442

Macca77

We are the talksport topic with Durham for anyone who is interested.

All he ever does is slag us off, think i'll swerve it

November 03, 2017, 11:10:52 PM
Reply #443

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
even if a new manager comes in, what will change? still will have no strikers, and no centre backs.. or players in midfield who are creative

Weíve seen when set up that way, that we can defend.

Itís only been naive attempts to force wins when weíre low on confidence that have opened the team up again.

So thatís one thing if a manager, secure in their position (as opposed to either consciously or not, treating it as an open audition) will be prepared to grind results out in order to get some confidence back.

Eg a 0-0 last night would have at least showed that we can sort one end out before worrying about the other.

November 04, 2017, 01:55:07 AM
Reply #444

ajax_andy

Right man, wrong time.  I think Unsworth taking over say after our next manager leaves and has sorted out the message would be great.  You can see he's trying hard to get something out of the team, it's just too big a job right now for him.

We need a new face in that will rip up the way we play and give a huge confidence boost to the players, get us up the table and then after a season or two if they leave and we are in good health give him the job then.

I think he could do really well for us, just right now isn't the time

November 04, 2017, 06:25:46 AM
Reply #445

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 04, 2017, 02:13:30 PM
Reply #446

ally2

Just wait until Jags is back.  You won't even have to see the ball go back to Pickford for it to be hooofed nowhere

November 06, 2017, 02:07:08 AM
Reply #447

kramer0

Thanks for the three points, but I'm out.

We have nowhere near the organization of his U23 teams. It's way too easy for opponents to find space between our midfield and defensive lines which, in turn, makes it easy for them to create chances. The players' spirit has been restored some and we've been better at creating chances ourselves but "better" still means a weak attack, which isn't good enough considering our continuing defensive frailty.

Whatever the reasons for the decisions he's made -- searching for coherence in an imbalanced squad, trying to do things he doesn't normally do in order to impress the higher-ups -- he's not right for the club at the moment. He has some excellent qualities and he has every chance of being an good manager one day but it's not going to happen for him now. I wish him the best, whatever his next move is (back to the U23s, off to a first-team job elsewhere).

I still wish we would look at Walsh's position first but, since that doesn't seem to be forthcoming, it makes sense to get a steadier hand in over the international break.

November 06, 2017, 11:41:09 AM
Reply #448

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Thanks for the three points, but I'm out.

We have nowhere near the organization of his U23 teams. It's way too easy for opponents to find space between our midfield and defensive lines which, in turn, makes it easy for them to create chances. The players' spirit has been restored some and we've been better at creating chances ourselves but "better" still means a weak attack, which isn't good enough considering our continuing defensive frailty.

Whatever the reasons for the decisions he's made -- searching for coherence in an imbalanced squad, trying to do things he doesn't normally do in order to impress the higher-ups -- he's not right for the club at the moment. He has some excellent qualities and he has every chance of being an good manager one day but it's not going to happen for him now. I wish him the best, whatever his next move is (back to the U23s, off to a first-team job elsewhere).

I still wish we would look at Walsh's position first but, since that doesn't seem to be forthcoming, it makes sense to get a steadier hand in over the international break.

Just donít understand why the best shape and therefore performance we played (Chelsea second half) wasnít attempted to be repeated?

November 06, 2017, 11:44:31 AM
Reply #449

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber

we have Got OUMAR NIASSE  :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: