December 18, 2017, 10:48:11 PM

Author Topic: [News]Unsworth: Beni loves a tackle  (Read 3276 times)

October 27, 2017, 02:21:20 AM
Reply #75

kramer0

Think Funes Mori can still be a solid #3 CB and left-sided "3 at the back" option, too.

I doubt Funes Mori will ever be solid. He's rash and not very good positionally.

deCoubertin

October 27, 2017, 02:27:49 AM
Reply #76

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Mori's defensive positioning makes Rooney look disciplined

October 27, 2017, 02:34:05 AM
Reply #77

Evertonian in NC

Maybe now that his knee hurts, he will be a good lad?  :D
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 27, 2017, 02:46:03 AM
Reply #78

Ridge

I was wondering if you could turn Holgate, Keane and Funes Mori into a decent 3 at the back system, with Keane in the middle.

They all have their issues, but when their forces combine, they could have a surprisingly good balance.

October 27, 2017, 04:30:52 AM
Reply #79

Evertonian in NC

I was wondering if you could turn Holgate, Keane and Funes Mori into a decent 3 at the back system, with Keane in the middle.

They all have their issues, but when their forces combine, they could have a surprisingly good balance.

RWB in a "3 at the back" is clearly Holgate's highest and best use, at least from what we've seen.  Though we still need to see Mason play in a standard 4, I think.

I wonder how that would do with Coleman back, and if we could make do with a non-traditional LWB in place of Baines?  Something to play around with, anyway.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 27, 2017, 04:45:46 AM
Reply #80

Heisenberg

That would be the worst I really hope this never ever happens. Penalties and left for dead galore

October 27, 2017, 04:52:50 AM
Reply #81

Ridge

That would be the worst I really hope this never ever happens. Penalties and left for dead galore

I know it's crazy, but maybe, it's crazy enough that it just might work.  :whistle:

October 27, 2017, 07:06:16 PM
Reply #82

Lxxx

I don't personally think Holgate is all that at the minute really. He's not big or strong enough to play centre half, he's no right back, he's okay at right centre of a back three but we've hardly seen him there to be honest.

If the lad was ever going to push on it was while Coleman and Mori were injured and with two ageing centre backs needing to be rested. He's not done enough so far at right back nor centre half to suggest he should be playing more often.

Granted he's young and will hopefully improve but I'm not as enthused about him as some of the other kids coming through.

October 27, 2017, 07:09:00 PM
Reply #83

Bluenose 91

I don't really see it with Holgate either to be honest.

Nice on the ball and that but his defending can be really, really poor.

October 27, 2017, 07:18:03 PM
Reply #84

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I don't really see it with Holgate either to be honest.

Nice on the ball and that but his defending can be really, really poor.
Used to think he was pacy but he seems to have lost a yard or 5

Simply simply lovely