December 17, 2017, 07:56:22 PM

Author Topic: [News]Unsworth: Beni loves a tackle  (Read 3259 times)

October 26, 2017, 08:08:03 PM
Reply #60

BlueNoseMike

It does look good, although I disagree about Klasseen, I think his days are numbered especially considering the new manager comes in and despite a senior withdrawal picks an U23 player and he didn't even make the squad. Things move on fast in football and you'd could easily argue hes dropped even further down the pecking order. Wouldnt be surprised at all to see him go out on loan in Jan, depending on who the manager is.

Yeah I suppose that's looking likely. I'm just jumping aboard the positivity train about it all.

I still think he might make it. He needs runners around him, and good movement off the ball I think, which we have lacked all season because a lot of our players prefer the ball to feet. I'm not giving up on him after a dozen appearances.

Plus Schneiderlin and Klaassen is not like for like

deCoubertin

October 26, 2017, 08:12:11 PM
Reply #61

Waltzer

Yeah I suppose that's looking likely. I'm just jumping aboard the positivity train about it all.

I still think he might make it. He needs runners around him, and good movement off the ball I think, which we have lacked all season because a lot of our players prefer the ball to feet. I'm not giving up on him after a dozen appearances.

Plus Schneiderlin and Klaassen is not like for like

To be honest im losing track of where Klaassen can and cant play? I thought he would have suited a 3 in midfield as by all accounts hes more of a box to box midfielder, similar to Davies.

October 26, 2017, 08:22:42 PM
Reply #62

BlueNoseMike

To be honest im losing track of where Klaassen can and cant play? I thought he would have suited a 3 in midfield as by all accounts hes more of a box to box midfielder, similar to Davies.

Yeah I think he looks to be most similar to Davies. So in Koeman's tactic of 2 holding DM's and a number 10 neither really fitted in this season. He might have done better in the system we seemed to have last year where we had Gana and Davies as the runners in midfield and then our number 10 (Barkley) played from the left. But then we've tried putting Sig there and it's not worked.

Ah to be a football manager eh?

October 26, 2017, 08:50:48 PM
Reply #63

Normm

The more I see of Davies, the more I am reminded of Alan Ball!

Beni will be a great partner in midfield As the game wore on, he definitely started to impress. Unsworth was absolutely right to select him for this match!

October 26, 2017, 09:35:24 PM
Reply #64

bacon sarnie

Beni will be a great partner in midfield As the game wore on, he definitely started to impress. Unsworth was absolutely right to select him for this match!

Exactly. Koeman wouldn't know who Alan Ball was.

October 26, 2017, 10:09:32 PM
Reply #65

Major Clanger

It's a shame we don't have a little mound just outside Goodison, just like they do in Wimbledon, we could call it Beni Hill.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

October 26, 2017, 10:44:42 PM
Reply #66

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
It's a shame we don't have a little mound just outside Goodison, just like they do in Wimbledon, we could call it Beni Hill.
As long as it not Benny Hill its OK with me

October 26, 2017, 11:05:42 PM
Reply #67

bacon sarnie

Benny Hill had a thing for his tackle as well.

October 26, 2017, 11:42:05 PM
Reply #68

BlueForYou

They called him Ernie
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 26, 2017, 11:44:05 PM
Reply #69

Coyb12

October 26, 2017, 11:46:07 PM
Reply #70

BlueForYou

Benny Hill - he drove the fastest milk cart in the west
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 26, 2017, 11:52:06 PM
Reply #71

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Steady...!

October 26, 2017, 11:55:40 PM
Reply #72

BlueForYou

Harry Catterick

October 27, 2017, 01:53:19 AM
Reply #73

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We've got some great youngsters on the books haven't we? Really exciting future ahead with Davies, this Beni chap, Lookman*, etc.

Add to this the fact we have got Pickford, Keane, Sandro and Klaassen (once they find their feet) who are all 24 and younger, we've got great potential in the team.

*I hope Lookman decides stay, give him minutes and let him play. Same goes for Barkley too, him signing would be a big boost for the club

Going forward really he problem is lack of youthful defenders from a squad POV, striker as well of course but no need to go over that again.

Baines, Williams, Jags, - 30+
Coleman - badly injured
Holgate, Kenny - young, unreliable
RFM - badly injured and unreliable

Keane - jury's out but good age. Slow unfortunately.

Just not good enough.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 27, 2017, 01:58:48 AM
Reply #74

Evertonian in NC

We still haven't seen Holgate with a run at CB under new management.  I want to see that before we write him off, there's a good player in there.  Think Funes Mori can still be a solid #3 CB and left-sided "3 at the back" option, too.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin