April 25, 2018, 01:27:20 AM

Author Topic: Lyon v Everton  (Read 19112 times)

November 03, 2017, 04:25:26 AM
Reply #720

Gash

Global Moderator
Cuco Martina's been released from hospital and travelling back with the rest of the squad.

November 03, 2017, 04:26:37 AM
Reply #721

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Cuco Martina's been released from hospital and travelling back with the rest of the squad.

That's good to hear.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

November 03, 2017, 04:29:09 AM
Reply #722

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Tick tock tick tock

Simply simply lovely

November 03, 2017, 04:36:08 AM
Reply #723

kramer0

Glad he's okay and traveling home with the squad.

November 03, 2017, 04:40:06 AM
Reply #724

D_murph0278

Just putting it out there.... There was fuck all up with him. Did anyone see the 'challenge' or lack of?
He was honestly sick of getting murdered on his wrong side whilst on a yellow card after 7 minutes. How the fuck have we ended up with players like him in our team?
"One for Lineker to chase and just look at his pace."

November 03, 2017, 04:42:40 AM
Reply #725

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber

Just putting it out there.... There was fuck all up with him. Did anyone see the 'challenge' or lack of?
He was honestly sick of getting murdered on his wrong side whilst on a yellow card after 7 minutes. How the fuck have we ended up with players like him in our team?

I've seen plenty of people get injured like that from a similar fall on the rugby pitch and fallen from that height myself having been taken out in the air. The way he landed looked pretty nasty. Could possibly have also knocked himself out

November 03, 2017, 04:44:35 AM
Reply #726

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

Eleven mins
We have a winner

Simply simply lovely

November 03, 2017, 04:50:04 AM
Reply #727

Ridge

Not surprised at the reactions here but...

We were away at a good side where we probably would have lost had even if we’d been in good form.

We were solid for 60 mins.

The subs opened the game up and exposed a defence that no one would ever want to see against any level of opposition, let alone a good one.

We have to take the first 60 mins as the basis for Sunday, expect putting in more attack minded players the central positions, ie Rooney up front and Sigurdsson instead of Gueye / Schneiderlin.

Another option is starting Mirallas as we need more people that might actually score. We know Lennon doesn’t score loads and we’ve yet to see evidence that Lookman / Vlasic are going to be reliable finishers etc.

We need to keep in the game as long as possible and don’t need to take risks to force the game if it’s 0-0 after an hour.

It's an understandable endeavour though, it's only a mistake in hindsight. In same position,  same choice, you'd make the same decision for the same reasons again. We might have got a draw, maybe we should have just tried to get a clean sheet in the last 3 matches without opening up too much. Keep shape and settle, get some security and sense of safety in the bank.

Tonight if we'd got a point, it would have been a good result away from home against a good side, but we'd have been out the competition in reality. If we could have got a goal to hang on to, maybe a win to give everyone a lift, it's such a worthwhile upside, the downside is not much worse than a draw. We can't afford to drop any points in PL, and league cup is over in a game, but we were going out of Europa barring a miracle. We could have got a win tonight and still gone out if we didn't win others in Europa.

The major problem is with goals, and trying to get some seems the easiest way out of the situation. As while we are not great defensively, we can defend fairly well, our problem is more to do with defence being exposed because we can't score. These games have all been sort of free shots to try and get something going, we've got ourselves into the matches, we've been in control for periods of matches. We've still not looked that likely to create or score at any stage, and it's probably been Lennon or Lookman who have looked most likely.

We left several key players at home for weekend, Beni has looked a really good player to bring into team. Tonight we ended up with Kenny left back and Besic right back, with Holgate in a back 4. Against Chelsea and tonight, Unsworth has been brave enough to keep something in hand for the PL games, and we may have lost to Chelsea and Lyon, but they were far more impressive performances given opponent, line up and circumstances than previous Europa games under Koeman.

It's all about the game against Watford, that's when we'll see what Unsworth thinks is his best team is.

November 03, 2017, 04:50:14 AM
Reply #728

D_murph0278

I've seen plenty of people get injured like that from a similar fall on the rugby pitch and fallen from that height myself having been taken out in the air. The way he landed looked pretty nasty. Could possibly have also knocked himself out

Im not having it.... Pickfords fall was way nastier and with bigger impact. He got up and lead the way.

November 03, 2017, 04:59:39 AM
Reply #729

therealdunc

Unsworth is clueless how to change a game tactically , shown up again tonight
Blue

November 03, 2017, 04:59:48 AM
Reply #730

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber

Im not having it.... Pickfords fall was way nastier and with bigger impact. He got up and lead the way.

You're entitled to believe that. But injuries are not an exact science based on the nature of a fall/collision etc

November 03, 2017, 05:04:52 AM
Reply #731

D_murph0278

You're entitled to believe that. But injuries are not an exact science based on the nature of a fall/collision etc

Obviously you can still hurt yourself from such a fall. If you've got fucking brittle bones that is. Don't fucking patronize me with what's possible and what's not.
Phil Jagielka, Jordan Pickford, Tom Davies, Idrissa Gueye, Wayne Rooney, DCL and a couple of others would've carried on tonight. He's a useless fucking turd.

November 03, 2017, 05:07:25 AM
Reply #732

Ridge

I think there is also some evidence tonight of some of the rifts in the squad.

Schneiderlin's 2nd red card this season, was stupid and unnecessary, it wasn't a team tackle, it was a selfish tackle and he didn't look that bothered.

Vlasic running his boot down that guys achilles was not a pleasant watch. When I watched it back, I thought it looked intentional.

Also Cuco had been having a decent game. When he was down, he was surrounded by Lyon players. Don't recall anyone seeing if he was alright and that looked quite a serious incident as time went on.

November 03, 2017, 05:08:31 AM
Reply #733

blueski

Obviously you can still hurt yourself from such a fall. If you've got fucking brittle bones that is. Don't fucking patronize me with what's possible and what's not.
Phil Jagielka, Jordan Pickford, Tom Davies, Idrissa Gueye, Wayne Rooney, DCL and a couple of others would've carried on tonight. He's a useless fucking turd.

he was taken to hospital. that isn't done because a player is soft and doesn't want to continue. obviously there was some sign of something serious in their examination. or do you think the medical staff is soft as well?

I don't rate Martina one bit as a player - we can agree there but your off the plot on this one
Nil Satis

November 03, 2017, 05:08:33 AM
Reply #734

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber

I'm not patronising you in the slightest