July 16, 2018, 05:44:34 AM

Author Topic: Which striker to go for in January?  (Read 21037 times)

November 17, 2017, 01:48:55 AM
Reply #315

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Rooney's finishing is so much better than DCL, maybe we should chuck Davey further up field?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/sport/video-1574216/Top-bin-Rooney-hits-screamer-Sure-Pressure-skill-test.html

The best game he's had here for me was pretty much that 1st pre-season game he was involved with. The second was similar too. What stood out was he was running into the box trying to get on the end of things. That tendency seemed to evaporate shortly after arriving though. Perhaps it was because Rooney was given that role, and Koeman asked him to hang back more...who knows. His stats would suggest he has a decent finish on him though.

November 17, 2017, 01:51:36 AM
Reply #316

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Drastically disagree.

Yep. I genuinely can't believe people would be ok with not bringing in a striker. It's admittedly going to be a hard task now, but has one game vs Watford really covered up the failings throughout the season to date?

November 17, 2017, 02:09:36 AM
Reply #317

kramer0

Apparently, Klaassen has played as a false nine before.

It would be nice to see him again, in some central role. I'm seriously disappointed at how Unsworth has frozen out so many of our summer signings.

November 17, 2017, 02:19:56 AM
Reply #318

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

It would be nice to see him again, in some central role. I'm seriously disappointed at how Unsworth has frozen out so many of our summer signings.

I think to some degree up until this point I can give him some slack. When you're in a crisis of sorts, or just finding your feet it's understandable to go to known quantities. He should be talking to those players he has frozen out though during that time, letting them know what the deal is.

However, I feel that immediate finding his feet period has passed with the international break giving him more chance to familiarize himself with the new players. If they continue to all be left out en masse I'd be very disappointed. I think as Niasse has shown, all these players should be able to contribute something if coached/utilized properly in a balanced team.

November 17, 2017, 02:46:42 AM
Reply #319

KoemansNumberTens

Me too. We've been so poor in almost every position and yet them who are still a bit of an unknown are completely out while we continue with many who we pretty much know are actually good enough

November 17, 2017, 02:52:15 AM
Reply #320

TheTone

its all gone tits up for Rooney since the bird with the false tits made a tool of him

November 17, 2017, 03:04:57 AM
Reply #321

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Anyone seen the sure video challenge with dcl, rooney and klaasen for goalscoring

Simply simply lovely

November 17, 2017, 03:38:12 AM
Reply #322

chang

November 17, 2017, 03:40:05 AM
Reply #323

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Anyone seen the sure video challenge with dcl, rooney and klaasen for goalscoring

yes and the winner one of the many guys Unsworth doesnt fancy..

November 17, 2017, 03:43:24 AM
Reply #324

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Can we sign the guy who went before Rooney?
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

November 17, 2017, 03:45:56 AM
Reply #325

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
yes and the winner one of the many guys Unsworth doesnt fancy..
On tef there's a lad saying its not unsworth picking the sides
Simply simply lovely

November 17, 2017, 03:51:20 AM
Reply #326

kramer0

Read that. That poster thinks Royle is picking the teams, right?

Hopefully not true. Disturbing if it is.

November 17, 2017, 03:58:24 AM
Reply #327

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

It ainít that hard to pick a side.

Perhaps the international break was too long after all. People have too much time on their hands to dwell on these things.

November 17, 2017, 04:02:52 AM
Reply #328

TheTone

It ainít that hard to pick a side.

no it's not, but when most of the players are dog turd what can anyone do?

November 17, 2017, 04:05:22 AM
Reply #329

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Read that. That poster thinks Royle is picking the teams, right?

Hopefully not true. Disturbing if it is.
Yeah that's what he is saying
He's been Bob on with teams in the past as has django on here
Simply simply lovely