September 22, 2018, 12:37:11 PM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce open to Everton talks  (Read 23245 times)

November 07, 2017, 04:40:36 AM
Reply #300

KoemansNumberTens

Also it is a little odd that we were so outraged at Barton's attack on unsworth let half the forum seems to have similar issues with Allardyces weight.

I just think if he comes we should give him a genuine chance.

November 07, 2017, 04:43:44 AM
Reply #301

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Also it is a little odd that we were so outraged at Barton's attack on unsworth let half the forum seems to have similar issues with Allardyces weight.

I just think if he comes we should give him a genuine chance.

Whoever comes should be given a chance. I don't want allardyce at all but if he comes I want him to be be hugely successful.

November 07, 2017, 07:10:21 AM
Reply #302

Thomas

Whoever comes should be given a chance. I don't want allardyce at all but if he comes I want him to be be hugely successful.

After the media scoop on him, I don't want our club associated with that. We need a manager with integrity.

November 07, 2017, 07:23:10 AM
Reply #303

Dr. Sponge

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it does bemuse how much Allardyce's performances as a manager are under-appreciated.

If an Italian manager with the name Georgio "Sick Hairline" Lippocini had brought a Bolton side up from the Championship and within a few seasons had them doing well in Europe and only a few points from the CL positions...

Saved Palace, Blackburn and Sunderland from likely looking relegations...

Did average at Newcastle and West Ham (incl. a promotion)...

Took sports-science research in the PL to new levels...

Then I bet there would be a different opinion of him. I realise I sound like his PR guy here, but it really annoys me when people jump on a bandwagon of criticism.

#lippocini4manager

November 07, 2017, 08:49:15 AM
Reply #304

kramer0

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it does bemuse how much Allardyce's performances as a manager are under-appreciated.

If an Italian manager with the name Georgio "Sick Hairline" Lippocini had brought a Bolton side up from the Championship and within a few seasons had them doing well in Europe and only a few points from the CL positions...

Then I bet there would be a different opinion of him. I realise I sound like his PR guy here, but it really annoys me when people jump on a bandwagon of criticism.

#lippocini4manager

I don't think that's entirely right. There are Italian managers with much greater accomplishments on their CV that I'd absolutely hate for Everton right now. Ancelotti, Mancini, probably some others if you named them. Same deal if you switch the nationality.

All of the work Allardyce did with Charles Reep's ideas worked well for him when he was at, say, Bolton but I'm skeptical that he gets any big edges from them today. What he does is good enough to outperform the hacks who manage at the bottom of the table but it's not getting Everton, or any club, within touching distance of anybody who's truly good. Would be a regressive move for the club on the pitch, not to mention all the money he and his old pal Steve Walsh are going to skim off the top of our transfers.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 09:00:33 AM by kramer0 »

November 07, 2017, 12:02:47 PM
Reply #305

bluenuck

Don't know if this has been mentioned. But just read allardyce is going to sign a 100k a week deal until end of this season. Bring in Shakespeare as his number 2.

November 07, 2017, 12:29:57 PM
Reply #306

oztoffee

#lippocini4manager

He has a good record of getting teams out of the shit, and make no mistake we ARE in the shit. If Cleverley had scored that penalty we'd be 19th FFS! How is that not in the shit?
Do folks not want him here because to do so means that they'll have to admit that Everton is in no way the powerhouse we'd once been. Time for a reality check, I think.
I know about the money scandal thing, so don't tell me I'm deluded about Allardyce. And this crap about 'we don't want his sort at our club', easy to say when you don't have the responsibility to the thousands who turn up every week and the hundreds of thousands who watch around the world.
Farhad and Bill have that responsibility, certainly one I wouldn't relish. So you people out there who are groaning and whingeing before the bloke even signs, have you the knowledge and experience to front up and do the job? Have you ever managed anything like a football club in shit street? Would you know how to fix what's wrong, keep thousands happy and build this club up? Thought not!
Everyone has ideas, but let's face it if we were any f***ing good at it, we'd be the f***ing manager, wouldn't we.
So FFS get behind the man, any man who signs, he's working to make this club great again.
What would you do if you came home and found Alex Young in bed with your wife?
Cover him up so he won't get cold!

November 07, 2017, 01:27:13 PM
Reply #307

sirblue57

He has a good record of getting teams out of the shit, and make no mistake we ARE in the shit. If Cleverley had scored that penalty we'd be 19th FFS! How is that not in the shit?
Do folks not want him here because to do so means that they'll have to admit that Everton is in no way the powerhouse we'd once been. Time for a reality check, I think.
I know about the money scandal thing, so don't tell me I'm deluded about Allardyce. And this crap about 'we don't want his sort at our club', easy to say when you don't have the responsibility to the thousands who turn up every week and the hundreds of thousands who watch around the world.
Farhad and Bill have that responsibility, certainly one I wouldn't relish. So you people out there who are groaning and whingeing before the bloke even signs, have you the knowledge and experience to front up and do the job? Have you ever managed anything like a football club in shit street? Would you know how to fix what's wrong, keep thousands happy and build this club up? Thought not!
Everyone has ideas, but let's face it if we were any f***ing good at it, we'd be the f***ing manager, wouldn't we.
So FFS get behind the man, any man who signs, he's working to make this club great again.

Trust bill and Moshiri? Really.lost trust in any decisions. Bill  makes a long time ago. And Moshiri has not been here long, but has overseen a couple of.poor windows, chased Koeman , who many had doubts about. So.as supporters.who have invested time and a large amountof money . So although we have no actual input, we do have a right to make our point and have an opinion .
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

November 07, 2017, 01:37:52 PM
Reply #308

Macca77

So hes a good manager because be kept Sunderland and Palace up? Hardly a glowing cv though

November 07, 2017, 02:02:05 PM
Reply #309

Bob Sacamano

If we’re looking for a manager who’s been chased out of West Ham and Newcastle we could go with a Billic and Carver combo?

November 07, 2017, 02:21:31 PM
Reply #310

Hawkandro

I'd just like to state, Hawkandro is open to Everton talks.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

November 07, 2017, 02:48:26 PM
Reply #311

Macca77

The only thing missing from the list is try to score more than than the opposition

November 07, 2017, 03:05:45 PM
Reply #312

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Well I'm no waif myself so I don't see the issue, but I'll rephase seing as you brought it up...

I dont want to see that boarish, corrupt, clueless, heavy set fucking inbred of a man anywhere near my club

See? It's nice to be nice.

November 07, 2017, 03:45:04 PM
Reply #313

hill135

Some strange reactions on here.

He's not a shit manager. He's good at what he does. I agree with the question of whether 'what he does' is enough for Everton and I'm not sure it is either but on a short-term basis it wouldn't be the end of the world as this season is all about league position now and he'll have us climbing the table.

What he is a fucking dour manager. Not keen on that myself but so what? He's no more dour than Sean Dyche who appears to the be likely alternative.

November 07, 2017, 03:54:21 PM
Reply #314

Escla

NSNO Subscriber